2019 Accurascale Modeller Survey - Have Your Say!

20 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everybody who filled out our little market research survey which is now closed. Over 1,800 participants is pretty impressive! 

We now begin the long process of collating feedback and suggestions. We will do a video later this month dealing with this feedback and other areas of the survey later this month, but it's going to take a good while to get through it all! We will also do the draw for the prize too and announce the winner in the video.

Cheers!

Fran

I predict "....from the survey we had 1800 participants with 1,799 different suggestions. Fortunately 2 people suggested the same idea. We are now pleased to announce that "Puffing Billy" will be our next model. Not only was this loco the most popular choice, being twice that of any other, but it is also the only loco covering all the eras that the survey found. "Puffing Billy" will be available as the original 8 wheel version, the 1862 4 wheel version and final science museum version with accurate plinth. The model will also come with a DCC sound option using the new ESU v10 super mini chip, with a range of noises suitable for each era...….."  

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

I predict "....from the survey we had 1800 participants with 1,799 different suggestions. Fortunately 2 people suggested the same idea. We are now pleased to announce that "Puffing Billy" will be our next model. Not only was this loco the most popular choice, being twice that of any other, but it is also the only loco covering all the eras that the survey found. "Puffing Billy" will be available as the original 8 wheel version, the 1862 4 wheel version and final science museum version with accurate plinth. The model will also come with a DCC sound option using the new ESU v10 super mini chip, with a range of noises suitable for each era...….."  

Actually it's been a landslide for the Fell.

(I made that up!) 

• Funny 11

2 hours ago, JSpencer said:

I’m half-way between funny and “if only”. Could a speaker be fitted in one wagon and a motor in another, to push an unpowered model?  Sadly, the decision to produce something from so early in railway history would be “courageous” In the Yes, Minister sense.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/09/2019 at 16:57, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you to everybody who filled out our little market research survey which is now closed. Over 1,800 participants is pretty impressive! 

We now begin the long process of collating feedback and suggestions. We will do a video later this month dealing with this feedback and other areas of the survey later this month, but it's going to take a good while to get through it all! We will also do the draw for the prize too and announce the winner in the video.

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran

I am looking forward to seeing the new items in the glass cabinet at DEMU Showcase next year. I can see it now, the shunting horse trotting around the top shelf. :good:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Fran

I am looking forward to seeing the new items in the glass cabinet at DEMU Showcase next year. I can see it now, the shunting horse trotting around the top shelf. :good:

Do we have to P4 the horse? And can it be considered as modern image? 

:D

Cheers!

Fran

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Well, if it is a miniature horse then it could be a modern image service animal, in which case you can also sell it to anyone modeling airplanes in OO

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/03/emotional-support-horse-flight-american-airlines

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, mdvle said:

Well, if it is a miniature horse then it could be a modern image service animal, in which case you can also sell it to anyone modeling airplanes in OO

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/03/emotional-support-horse-flight-american-airlines

A former classmate once tried to bring a horse into our classroom (yes, I’m reenforcing that Alan Partridge stereotype!) but on a plane is a new one on me!

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

:D

Cheers!

Fran

Hi Fran 

Ah! Two very good questions. I will have to have a lie down and a good think about how to answer these. P4? Yes and no, if they want its legs wider then they can move them out themselves. 

Modern Image, yes they were still in service in the 1960s.

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 03/09/2019 at 16:57, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

Any sign of the results yet? Have I missed them?

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Neil said:

Any sign of the results yet? Have I missed them?

Hi Neil,

No you havent missed them. We've been flat out these past few weeks so the results collation went on the back burner a bit, but still in the 'to do' pile. When we get a bit of clear sky we will go through them.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Fran, here's a bit of lateral thinking ....

You're moving the 'game' on with your accuracy in the coaches, trucks, and locomotives proposed, in progress and already produced ....

There are PLENTY of companies, including H and B producing scenery, but there's something MISSING .... which had been produced 40+ years ago ...

Scale roads, cars, etc. ...

There must be a huge potential for WORKING cars, trucks, vans, realistic roads .... even Motorways  ....

Just a thought.

Al.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Fran, here's a bit of lateral thinking ....

You're moving the 'game' on with your accuracy in the coaches, trucks, and locomotives proposed, in progress and already produced ....

There are PLENTY of companies, including H and B producing scenery, but there's something MISSING .... which had been produced 40+ years ago ...

Scale roads, cars, etc. ...

There must be a huge potential for WORKING cars, trucks, vans, realistic roads .... even Motorways  ....

Just a thought.

Al.

Unless you have full, independent, control of each vehicle, then its nothing more than a gimmick in my opinion, all road vehicles move at different speeds,  different acceleration and braking rates, different lines of travel etc

Edited by JiLo

Fair comment, but ...

There is the 'country lane' option - only one or 2 vehicles, limited by environment - road size, width, twists, etc - and won't have much traffic on them - a possibility.

There's the 'town centre gridlock' where there's no choice but to go the same speed - 0, 5, 0, 22, 5 mph !!

There's the 'optimised 3-lane Motorway - 2 lanes at 75mph (sorry, 70 ...) and 60mph in 'Lane 1' for HGV's.

I think it's doable!!

Al.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Fair comment, but ...

There is the 'country lane' option - only one or 2 vehicles, limited by environment - road size, width, twists, etc - and won't have much traffic on them - a possibility.

There's the 'town centre gridlock' where there's no choice but to go the same speed - 0, 5, 0, 22, 5 mph !!

There's the 'optimised 3-lane Motorway - 2 lanes at 75mph (sorry, 70 ...) and 60mph in 'Lane 1' for HGV's.

I think it's doable!!

Al.

I can see where you are coming from, and if we had full control of road vehicles it would be great - tailgating BMW's and Audi's, angry Passat drivers, psychotic Vectra drivers, dithering Yaris drivers....*

There are the Faller and Magnorail systems, both get things moving but, to me, are too limited in the lack of control for the road vehicles.

Having moving vehicles under control, the next step would be moving pedestrians, and animals

*apologies if I've offended anyone, just going by my daily commute!!! 

3 hours ago, JiLo said:

Unless you have full, independent, control of each vehicle, then its nothing more than a gimmick in my opinion, all road vehicles move at different speeds,  different acceleration and braking rates, different lines of travel etc

The DC-Car system has been available for about 10 years to provide road vehicle control using infra red signalling systems. The system is designed around automation and anti-collision because controlling more than a couple of road vehicles is beyond most of us.

http://wiki-en.dc-car.de/index.php?title=Introduction_of_the_DC-Car_System

34 minutes ago, JiLo said:

I can see where you are coming from, and if we had full control of road vehicles it would be great - tailgating BMW's and Audi's, angry Passat drivers, psychotic Vectra drivers, dithering Yaris drivers....*

There are the Faller and Magnorail systems, both get things moving but, to me, are too limited in the lack of control for the road vehicles.

Having moving vehicles under control, the next step would be moving pedestrians, and animals

*apologies if I've offended anyone, just going by my daily commute!!! 

My Dear JiLo,

I ride Ducatis and the motorcycle has been grossly under represented, thankfully I have no idea of what pronoun I ought to be addressed with but should I ever become, perish the thought, politically correct, I would be beside myself with grief at the thought that only cars, busses and lorries are to be represented. 

I used to have a girlfriend that rode a horse and I would at one time been offended on her behalf but she turned out more of a cow than the horse despite the horse having four legs !

* I haven't been at all offended because you didn't mention loud pipes, riding far to fast and getting my knee down at roundabouts !!!!

Gibbo.

Please press the smiley funny button, please.

• Funny 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Shaun66 said:

It's gone a bit quite on the survey results, have the results been collated yet?

Hi Shaun,

It is actually under way now we are in Lockdown, I have a bit of time to do it! We wont release all the information, but I will publish some of it when we are done. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2