Hornby APT (2020 tooling)

PaulRhB

2 minutes ago, APT-P said:

Hornby have updated their website  with some images of the 5 Car APT and intermediate coaches

https://uk.Hornby.com/catalogue/collections/apt

I saw it last night was going to mention it here last night but it was down then. it's More apt I think it suits coming from you   no pun intended! From the recent magazine advert the model differs and the one at Chester cathedral with the offical Hornby product photos from their website! The DTS headlights looking out of place and not in the right place but the recent advert looks accurate where they should be also with closer fitting parts but the Hornby photos on the website have gaps! So it looks like they've used the first painted decorated samples and not the finalised product.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, stovepipe said:

What are those sloping pieces inside on the bogie end of the intermediate trailers? Something to do with the tilt mechanism?

https://uk.Hornby.com/products/br-class-370-advanced-passenger-train-2-car-tu-coach-pack-48301-48302-era-7-r40013a?modal=-zoom

Look like capacitors to me, prob smoothing the coach lighting. Hopefully a test one and the finished article will be hidden somewhere. 

1FAB4B36-56A2-40E9-9275-DE636D65022C.jpeg.880c1b45c360bdfcce6ac2e4138c9cc9.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Look like capacitors to me, prob smoothing the coach lighting. Hopefully a test one and the finished article will be hidden somewhere. 

Almost certainly……big cheap ones no doubt :D

23 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Yes I was wondering this also, it's probably capacitors or perhaps even it is just possible that it could just be a fallen luggage rack? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

9 hours ago, Markwj said:

Was Hornby or the apt at GETS today- anyone get any updates?

Hornby didn't seem to be there, but the 5 car APT did appear on Pete W's layout in the afternoon. Only saw it once myself, but it looked good!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Is this a prototype?

Is that capacitor still visible?

Is it likely to be the same on the production model - is this a production model?

Al.

No, these are the prototypes !!!

DSCF0242.JPG.93b5818023bd578995586db1ad2d51e9.JPG

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Is this a prototype?

Is that capacitor still visible?

Is it likely to be the same on the production model - is this a production model?

Al.

It is the picture from the catalogue, so who knows?

50 minutes ago, The 158 Man said:

That's a very nice looking layout, is it yours? Any more pictures? :)

Hi There,

The layout is Burshaw North Western and it belongs to a friend of mine, I did build the APT-E though.

Gibbo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Kernow Facebook page notes that there will be delivery of some of the coach packs in October does state not sure when the train packs are coming. Tried to link the page but couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t let me!

As part of Hornby's Mind The Gap YouTube broadcast they have some video of the 7 Car APT-P Model running.

APT feature starts at 15 minutes in to the video.

Edited by APT-P
Added time of the APT feature.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, APT-P said:

As part of Hornby's Mind The Gap YouTube broadcast they have some video of the 7 Car APT-P Model running 

Starts around -1:48 and it’s in aid of Mind so well worth popping them a donation via the just giving link in the notes too :) 

0F017DFF-EF31-4B09-848A-8249E4714B32.jpeg.d6d49ab3c1017168919d7b4c4d0cc3c5.jpeg

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2021 at 18:17, Markwj said:

Kernow Facebook page notes that there will be delivery of some of the coach packs in October does state not sure when the train packs are coming. Tried to link the page but couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t let me!

ARRIVED!

Well, just had payment taken for - BR, Class 370 Advanced Passenger Train Non-Driving Motor (NDM), 49004. So APT items are starting to arrive!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, miles73128 said:

ARRIVED!

Well, just had payment taken for - BR, Class 370 Advanced Passenger Train Non-Driving Motor (NDM), 49004. So APT items are starting to arrive!

Hey yes, mine too, although i got an email to say there was a payment issue, probably because it was so long ago, anyway you only get a week to update it so check your emails if you have an order in.

also does anyone know if the couplers are the same as the old 80’s version? Otherwise the ndm wont be running till the full set arrives :-(

• RMweb Gold

I wonder how sellers of these will view returns if either there are faults that are only found later, or buyers then fail to be able to get hold of the main APT set itself? For example, you can only return a working item to Hornby for 14 days for a refund normally.

Roy

• Like 1