AY Mod

Accurascale Scottish 37s announced

17 minutes ago, Bedlington North said:

I'm fairly certain it was the Thrislington to Ravenscraig limestone dolofines working 6S54.

It sure is! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It sure is! 

Very sensible of you to make both the stock and the locos to allow us to replicate this working Fran!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bedlington North said:

I'm fairly certain it was the Thrislington to Ravenscraig limestone dolofines working 6S54.

Thanks, :)

I've also found the below image of the same working.

Dusty Spring no field

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bedlington North said:

Very sensible of you to make both the stock and the locos to allow us to replicate this working Fran!

Someone said something very similar to me at Model Rail Scotland and added that 'it's witchcraft to be doing such things as a manufacturer!' I did chuckle. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

More power to the collective Accurascale elbows. It's a very logical way of developing a range of models that complement each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

i can see these guys becoming quite a leading light for us UK modellers/collectors on price, detail and quality.

Would love to see them look at the Class 81 AC or perhaps a high end Mk1 fleet with dcc that doesnt have an RRP of £85 a pop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'll be very happy to support Accurascale as they work their way through the many and varied EE type 3 variants. They've already covered a broad swathe but there's plenty more fish in the sea too. I've been delighted by their choices so far.

• Agree 2

I'm just curious...how visable is the difference between the single and double riveted roof panels ?  On the double version are the extra rivets a row length wise directly above the cant rail rain strip ?

And NO I'm NOT a rivet counter !

I must admit 37051 is fairly tempting to add to the fleet. 37026 is already ordered for this batch.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

I'm just curious...how visable is the difference between the single and double riveted roof panels ?  On the double version are the extra rivets a row length wise directly above the cant rail rain strip ?

And NO I'm NOT a rivet counter !

Hi Tractor,

All the vertical strips that run from one side of the roof to the other are double riveted on the first 42 locos, the next 50 or so had single riveted strips, while the remaining split headcode and all centre headcode locos had welded (smooth) roofs. It's not been done in RTR OO before, so we thought it would be a nice feature to introduce.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Only just seen this announcement! Have ordered two. 

Problem is, there's little available to Accurascale standards to run with these: it's going to show up the current Mk1s, Mk3 sleepers, TTAs, and, without doubt, the new ETHEL ...

... so I'm afraid you're going to have to do all of those too, Accurascale, as you seem to be the only people that can get things right.  

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

@Accurascale Fran

I’ve sent an enquiry email about my order for some of these but suspect it didn’t work properly (my end not yours) What’s the best email to send it to to change my order slightly? 

Many thanks

Eddie

2 hours ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

@Accurascale Fran

I’ve sent an enquiry email about my order for some of these but suspect it didn’t work properly (my end not yours) What’s the best email to send it to to change my order slightly? 

Many thanks

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Email is [email protected]

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

Just thought I’d share my experience with sorting out my orders with the guys. 

I had requested by email a change but due to my laptop throwing a wobbly, it didn’t send. This morning I tried again using my phone and success! Stephen in particular was superb and nothing has been too much trouble. The result being that I now have all four of the headlight fitted ones on order (2 for Inverawe Jct and 2 for Kilchoan West). Absolutely first class customer service- thank you gents. 

Cheers

Eddie

PS How about doing 37188 Jimmy Shand as part of the first batch of centre box ones , please, pretty please! I was at the naming ceremony for it 35 years ago..... 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Just thought I’d share my experience with sorting out my orders with the guys. 

I had requested by email a change but due to my laptop throwing a wobbly, it didn’t send. This morning I tried again using my phone and success! Stephen in particular was superb and nothing has been too much trouble. The result being that I now have all four of the headlight fitted ones on order (2 for Inverawe Jct and 2 for Kilchoan West). Absolutely first class customer service- thank you gents. 

Cheers

Eddie

PS How about doing 37188 Jimmy Shand as part of the first batch of centre box ones , please, pretty please! I was at the naming ceremony for it 35 years ago..... 

Yes I can vouch for that especially Stephen who moves heaven & earth to accommodate your needs when ordering or changing orders...seriously top class outfit.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yes I can vouch for that especially Stephen who moves heaven & earth to accommodate your needs when ordering or changing orders...seriously top class outfit.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We'll have to keep Stephen on so, seems to be doing a good job! :)

Cheers!

Fran

• Funny 3

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We'll have to keep Stephen on so, seems to be doing a good job! :)

Cheers!

Fran

...or is it the other way round? :jester:

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, classy52 said:

...or is it the other way round? :jester:

It is most definitely, I am just about to apply for some annual leave, so thought I better be nice! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It is most definitely, I am just about to apply for some annual leave, so thought I better be nice! 

To journey throughout the UK to go look at prototypes to model I hope :read:

• Funny 1

On 16/06/2020 at 17:30, Eddie R v2.0 said:

This should save you a bit of time.....

OR

These pair  - perfect for the new PTA wagons............

37310 37311 Motherwell

37310 @ Peak Rail Rowsley

• Like 5

Maybe a Scottish retailer could be persuaded to take one of these on.... 

You could also argue that one of the triplets (37260-2) could be well received

Cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tractor_37260 said:

37310 @ Peak Rail Rowsley

What a beautiful loco.

Apologies but is this Class 37 in preservation & if so with whom?

If AS do this one I will definitely buy it.

31 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Maybe a Scottish retailer could be persuaded to take one of these on.... 

You could also argue that one of the triplets (37260-2) could be well received

Cheers

i would most certainly argue that the "triplets" would be very well received !!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1