KR Models announce the Clayton DHP1

KR Models

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Yours correctly has the grills next to the cab also, unlike the kr sample.

nice model.

Cheers mate, I have to say in KR defence I think* they have modelled it as built, the grilles next to the cab were later additions. Its been a while since I built it but I think they were a later addition

Cheers

James

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, cctransuk said:

In what context was it posted?

CJI.

It came from a Facebook group called Finescale Artists Railroad Techniques, which is a bit of an odd group. The other photos is at the botom of the post but the fist 3 images are the conversation. Maybe it isn't the DHP1 but I've got pretty wide interests and don't know of any America, European or Chinese prototype that's like that.

My guess is that it IS the KR Models DHP1 but the production of the paint masks has been out sourced by the Chinese manufacturer to a Chinese subcontractor who didn't expect someone to recognise the model. I wonder what KR response will be if the read this topic?

Luke

1.jpg.795590a72111c06f9224fccda5155b76.jpg

2.jpg.d5c8711fb3bafc63ce808d95f5c1ea6c.jpg

3.jpg.25ee94bb0afa3257bf6113d2c85d0812.jpg

4.jpg.471401e91c23d79680ea4205554e032a.jpg

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

image.jpeg.89f73255d5502b456a54be2aa56e9442.jpeg

The Facebook discussion mentions environmental requirements and safety - two subjects that appear to be disregarded in the photo above.   No protective respirator.  No gloves - holding the item being painted in bare hands etc.

Unless it was a “posed” photo.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
On 17/10/2023 at 06:06, Darius43 said:

image.jpeg.89f73255d5502b456a54be2aa56e9442.jpeg

The Facebook discussion mentions environmental requirements and safety - two subjects that appear to be disregarded in the photo above.   No protective respirator.  No gloves - holding the item being painted in bare hands etc.

Unless it was a “posed” photo.

Cheers

Darius

Theres a second body on the bench next to the booth.

You could always phone him up, the numbers above the booth.

🙂

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, D7100 said:

Any latest delivery information on this loco.

Not seen anything in the projects updates.

Last update indicated Autumn 2023 expected. 

I paid for mine a while ago. I'm a firm believer of patience is a virtue, but, it would be nice if they could keep us updated.....

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

I paid for mine a while ago. I'm a firm believer of patience is a virtue, but, it would be nice if they could keep us updated.....

Aggreed 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/04/2024 at 10:57, Michael Hodgson said:

3rd quarter this year according to Rails

Probably end up 2025 then.

Considering to cancel and get refund. Problem is the 10% admin reduction charge. This caught me out on two other cancellations. Should gave read the small print.

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Considering to cancel and get refund. Problem is the 10% admin reduction charge. This caught me out on two other cancellations. Should gave read the small print.

They may say this - but, if they've failed to supply within the period originally stated, you should be entitled to a full refund.

I'm afraid that KRM think that they can make up their own terms and conditions, regardless of UK law.

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, zr2498 said:

The UK distance selling regulations are quite clear that for any orders placed online the purchaser has the right to cancel including and up to 7 days after the item has been received (and if received returned undamaged) for a FULL refund.
This includes any deposit (or whatever the seller might decide to try and call it) and as it clearly states a FULL refund no "admin" or any other charge can be taken. 
These regulations trump any sellers own "terms". 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

The UK distance selling regulations are quite clear that for any orders placed online the purchaser has the right to cancel including and up to 7 days after the item has been received (and if received returned undamaged) for a FULL refund.
This includes any deposit (or whatever the seller might decide to try and call it) and as it clearly states a FULL refund no "admin" or any other charge can be taken. 
These regulations trump any sellers own "terms". 

Thanks. Looks as though they are contravening UK Law and owe me £48.50. When they replied to me about the refund, no mention of the admin charge. It was only when I looked at the refund value, I went into the terms and conditions and noticed the minus 10%.

image.png.bd3112dcee7db4d32e5b72b876adce53.png

Come to think of it. It was cancelled - not even returned.

Now I have to balance the 10% claim versus the stress this is likely to incurred.

• Friendly/supportive 3

4 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Thanks. Looks as though they are contravening UK Law and owe me £48.50. When they replied to me about the refund, no mention of the admin charge. It was only when I looked at the refund value, I went into the terms and conditions and noticed the minus 10%.

image.png.bd3112dcee7db4d32e5b72b876adce53.png

Come to think of it. It was cancelled - not even returned.

Now I have to balance the 10% claim versus the stress this is likely to incurred.

The advertised price wasn't £485, so how come 10% of one of these comes to £48.50? 

Have you cancelled another order at the same time?

I accept that claiming a refund you're entitled to may be stressful, but surely it must be at least worth a strongly worded letter?

The Terms & Conditions listed on KR's web site are described as an End User Licence Agreement, and seem to relate to downloading software from them as is usual with EULAs.  I'm not clear what relevance this could conceivably have to buying models from them.   I don't see your warranty/return policy, but perhaps you're dealing with a retailer rather than direct with KR.

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

The advertised price wasn't £485, so how come 10% of one of these comes to £48.50? 

Have you cancelled another order at the same time?

I accept that claiming a refund you're entitled to may be stressful, but surely it must be at least worth a strongly worded letter?

The Terms & Conditions listed on KR's web site are described as an End User Licence Agreement, and seem to relate to downloading software from them as is usual with EULAs.  I'm not clear what relevance this could conceivably have to buying models from them.   I don't see your warranty/return policy, but perhaps you're dealing with a retailer rather than direct with KR.

Sorry Michael, I should have better explained. This was the amount based on two other cancellations combined.

And I did order from KRM directly, but unfortunately my knowledge re UK Law on this subject was lacking, otherwise I would have not accepted these terms at the time.

The Clayton DHP1 could well be my last order with them as I am unwilling to pay full price up front anymore for models with such large slips to timescales . I also need to get off the lazy RTR bandwagon, when I have a DJH 'Big Bertha' kit on the shelf waiting to be built.

I also have all of the kits and parts to build a GT3, after lots of research and collecting, but then the RTR model was anounced and put the brakes on the kit build.

Thanks for your help and advice.

• Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Sorry Michael, I should have better explained. This was the amount based on two other cancellations combined.

And I did order from KRM directly, but unfortunately my knowledge re UK Law on this subject was lacking, otherwise I would have not accepted these terms at the time.

The Clayton DHP1 could well be my last order with them as I am unwilling to pay full price up front anymore for models with such large slips to timescales . I also need to get off the lazy RTR bandwagon, when I have a DJH 'Big Bertha' kit on the shelf waiting to be built.

I also have all of the kits and parts to build a GT3, after lots of research and collecting, but then the RTR model was anounced and put the brakes on the kit build.

Thanks for your help and advice.

If pressed, KRM WILL refund IN FULL - I know - I rejected the 'half - half' Fell and got a full refund.

It says a lot about a (non UK) company when they try and blag customers with illegal terms and conditions.

Press for every penny they owe you - and go to Trading Standards if they resist!

CJI.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most firms seem to be over-optimisitc about delivery dates on RTR models they have announced but are still being worked on.  But the problem with KR is it's such a very small firm, apparently financing the development by obtaining prepayment.  One chap and his son as I understand it, so my concern would be payment up front and the risk of potential for insolvency.  A number of people lost out when another such small business using "crowd-funding" failed to deliver. a few years back.  Pre-ordering via a reputable retailer rather than direct or even waiting till they have it in stock provides some assurance in the event of their running into problems.

However I don't want to be too down on KR.  They have produced some models successfully (although there has been criticism on this site about various aspects of accuracy).  So I do expect these models to arrive in due course. 

I'm not aware of any kits for DHP1 so you can't have one short of scratchbuilding.  I've built a DJH Lickey Banker, but I always find the valve gear a real fiddle on these white metal kits and would prefer RTR.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, cctransuk said:

Press for every penny they owe you - and go to Trading Standards if they resist!

CJI.

Britannia doesnt rule the waves anymore i’m afraid.

Good luck getting them interested in a Canadian business.

you would do well to get them interested in some British businesses.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

When it comes to legal disputes details matter. Was the order with a UK company or a Canadian one? Might be worth going to trading standards for advice, and considering whether the sum involved is worth the stress. Sometimes it's better to take these things as a learning experience and move on, though I have a character flaw that the amount is less important to me than pursuing these things, call me a hypocrite for counselling caution while having a different attitude if it happens to me.

However, delays are just a part of model railways. Maybe they shouldn't be and we can whinge about it to the end of time but it is what it is. I like the way Bachmann do it, they were one of the worst for delays but now announce when models are en route. Much better IMO.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, cctransuk said:

If pressed, KRM WILL refund IN FULL - I know - I rejected the 'half - half' Fell and got a full refund.

Agree.  I cancelled my prepaid order for Bellerophon due to it being clear that it did not have the fully operating valve gear.  KR Models refunded in full with no quibble.  After I got the refund they asked why I had cancelled and I told them it was the valve gear issue.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1