Scalescenes wishlist

Having read most of the posts in this new Scalescenes area of the forum, it is obvious that several people have their own ideas about what kits they would like to see John create next.

Therefore, and with the kind permission of John, I thought we could get these ideas into one place.

I'll start the ball rolling! I would love to see some modern industrial units (along the lines of the Bachmann 44-049) as I would like to place 3 or 4 of these together to form an industrial estate on Chadwood but I certainly won't be paying £25-£30 each for them! Having seen how many modern layouts there are on here, I am sure they would be quite a popular download.

I have thought about scratchbuilding some, maybe even using John's low relief warehouses at each end to give me a start, but I don't really think I have the necessary skills.

Anyway, what would you like to see next?

Dave

• Like 1

Signs.

The Station signs pack is absolutley superb - but - and I'm not sure if licensing type issues might prevent it? - I think there could be a market for street name signs, or, perhaps even more impressively, Route direction signs such as the big Green A-Road signs, as seen here or the even more commonplace 'Arrow' style signs. If these could be set as editable to allow the purchaser to put the place names they wanted in, could be a real winner IMHO. Also scope for graffiti'd backs, once with fly posters stuck on, 'damaged' signs where someone has driven into it and knocked the bottom off, ones where something has changed and it has been blacked (or, as more common locally, 'whited' ) out with a big 'label'.

I think the more modern, 'flatter' signs would work better than the traditional ones with raised lettering for obvious reasons, but worthy of consideration IMHO.

I'm also very much looking forward to the forthcoming Container Ship kit, that gives me all sorts of ideas for future layouts...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As I mentioned in the new church thread, but will repeat here for clarity

1970's semi detatched Wimpy-style houses

1930's-1950's detatched bungalows

Also , what about static caravans ?

Stu

Guest jim s-w

Birmingham town hall please!

I plan to use printed stuff on the buildings that are more than 5 ft from the front of the layout and Brum Town hall is one I will need to do.

Cheers

Jim

Some sort of modular backscene.

So you can either purchase your sky background or paint your backscene a suitable sky/neutral colour and then purchase from scalescenes an ‘overlay’ selection of elements such as house ends, wooden fences (solid), brick walls, concrete section walls, and so on. You can already do this so a certain extent with the existing kits, but it involves purchasing each one separately or buying a whole kit and only using one part of it. A specific ‘backscene creation pack’ would be useful. At the moment people often purchase ready printed backscenes, but the ability to customise and create your own would be useful.

• Like 6

Hi, I'd like to see:

1) Back to back terrace housing

2) A station booking office for use on an overbridge, perhaps with integrated steps down to the platforms. Although I'm sure this could be fairly easily created from one of the existing station kits and the steps.

3) Anymore older warehouse/factory type-structures would be welcome - maybe some of the smaller types you get hidden away in back streets.

4) Big pre-War high street department stores - the ones that most towns used to have with an ornate facade and basic brickwork to the building behind. You could also have a modern image version where the ground floor has become a budget DIY shop (or similar) and the upper floors are flats.

5) A station hotel.

AJ

• Like 1

could we please have some 1980's signage. i have the station signs pack, but id love to see some more advertising posters. on a seperate sheets, like the ones on the modern stations signs sheet. and some 1980's/90's. INTERCITY and british rail bill board adverts. like the 'more comebacks than staus quo' like the one that i saw at peterborough in 1991. just an idea, thanks john

could we please have some 1980's signage. i have the station signs pack, but id love to see some more advertising posters. on a seperate sheets, like the ones on the modern stations signs sheet. and some 1980's/90's. INTERCITY and british rail bill board adverts. like the 'more comebacks than staus quo' like the one that i saw at peterborough in 1991. just an idea, thanks john

That would go down well with me also, particularly the early 90s stuff. I'd also be happy to see more low relief industrial buildings. :)

Glasgow and Edinburgh style tenements please :clapping_mini:

Why stop there ?

How about Aberdeen, Dundee (or simply add the various brick/stone sheets?

Alos while we are about it - more? tunnels and bridges.

• RMweb Gold

Why stop there ?

How about Aberdeen, Dundee (or simply add the various brick/stone sheets?

Alos while we are about it - more? tunnels and bridges.

I'd like to back you on the bridges... A nice plain brick arch double track job would be ideal - apart from the 'Prototype Models' (I think) kit which was a GC brick combo I can't think of another example???

• Like 1

Yes, this as well - since 'Signs of the Times' stopped trading, there is nothing (unless you fancy some googling and tidying up!) in the way of billboard hoardings.

Although I am likely to scratch build my own buildings,I would think GWR standard goods sheds and station buildings could be a winner.

David

Or maybe something like a selection of standard doors and windows and surrounds, and things like chimneys, other building furniture that could be combined with John's stonework and brickwork so that regional and size variants could be made.

Then of course we'd get into the Stone No 1 and Stone No 3 debate ... :)

But didn't other companies have the same sort of standardisation? Could the idea be extended?

• Like 2

Modern anything! Houses, offices, industrial units, whatever.

Houses would be on my own selfish wishlist. Most UK outline building manufacturers seem to prefer older-style housing and buildings in general. Then again, modern designs are pretty simple, so fairly easy to scratchbuild. Something akin to the 1960s style council housing, or similar.

So in theory, simple for John to make into a super-duper Scalescenes model for us all to buy :D

• Like 1

Guest Moria

Interior furniture... tables, chairs, filing cabinets, beds, desks, couches, sinks, fridges, etc etc and railside poster boards and posters :) in N gauge as well please :))

regards

Graham

• Like 1