Southernboy

Frankland: N gauge Southern Railway

Thanks...

The 1910 B type is one of the vehicles I am interested in...so will watch any developments in that department with interest.

The SL set will produce some challenges, not least the bow-type pantographs - although I may have found some suitable from a Japanese supplier that could be modified - and the painting (Marsh umber and cream by that time). Japan would also be origin of the motor...Tomix provide an adjustable motor chassis, one of which is a base length scale 19 metres.

• Like 1

Absolutely jaw-droppingly stunning modelling of the highest quality!

My heartiest congratulations on what is an inspiration and an eye-opener as to what can be achieved.

I bow to your abilities, sir! :swoon:

• Like 12

I really do enjoy your update's Southernboy,

Absolutely Fantastic, Your attention to detail is brilliant and those buildings look superb, I especially like the masking tap for the roofs, simple yet very effective. 

This has to be one of my favourite layout's on RMweb. Well done indeed sir.

Graham.

• Like 3

Just hitting the 'like' button isn't enough for this masterpiece! Please keep posting.

• Like 7

Absolutly stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cinema,  Have I missed it, is it done yet or have you changed your mind?

Fantastic update Mark. Those shops are outstanding!

Tom.

I lived in a parade of shops next to a parade of shops just like that a few years ago.  What an amazing model!  Its completely London and just like the old pictures, well done sir!

And the T9 is pretty cool too :D

Simon

• Like 2

Great to see another update. Fantastic modelling and beautifully observed - an absolute  joy.

Jerry

• Like 2

Hello Mark

Thanks for a splendid New Year's update! 

You're making great progress, and the layout is coming together very nicely indeed.  I love the way you tie all the different elements together to create a coherent and fully rounded vision.  And the way you present your updates makes it really feel like we are being invited to step into a completely believable world!

What's the next area you're planning to develop?

cheers

Ben A.

I was just thinking about what had happened to your layout and wow was the wait worth it!! I can only echo others thoughts and say you have captured saarrth Larndarn to perfection.. :)

T.

It took me an hour to close my jaws, as they snapped open when seeing these pictures!

Absolutely smashing!

Discovering a new update is like stumbling upon a new novel by a favourite author.

I have run out of words to suitably express either your staggering modelling skills, or my enjoyment of reading about your progress.

N gauge sausages - who would ever have expected to see those modelled...

David

• Like 5

Just an update really - isn't it amazing that this new update features the railway only in the first four or so photos? The rest of the modelling just kept getting better and better!!!!!

Oh! How I wish I had your modelling skills.

Really inspiring stuff.

Pete

Excellent modelling in those photos. I wish that I had been following htis layout before.

Ian

Once again we find ourselves in Frankland, looking at 2mm modelling that would simply shame many of us working in 4mm or 7mm scales. You have the imagination, skills and ingenuity in equal measure. Quite remarkable.

• Like 10

Utterly magnificent. The row of shops is amongst the very best I've ever seen. Detailing, imagination and beautifully conceived with a sympathetic eye for colour.

• Like 1