The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I like the Lime Marmalade and Marmite but not together. SWMBO hates Marmite and tells me that because I don't like Peanut Butter I have funny tastes! I try not to get involved in that discussion.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

The Boss likes peanut butter and Marmite together on toast. 

Not a problem; I believe it's also available in smooth.  I've tried the crunchy one (I can't remember if I've ever had peanut butter before) so it was a bit of an adventure for me; I'd buy it (probably the smooth) - I found it to have more of a "peanut butter" than "marmite" flavour

15 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Is that shrub growing on top of concrete running parallel to the fence? It seems like there are more roots between the concrete and the fence that are the primary roots.

No, the shrub precedes the concrete (which is just the remnants of concrete used to secure some log roll, which has since rotted and recently been removed).  I've decided to leave it in place as it's doing no harm and removing it may well cause damage to other roots.

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Looks like it plays havoc with your typing aswell. I don't require any of those to mess my typing up.:crazy_mini:

I thought he was drunk!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Managed to do a bit more in the garden this afternoon. I pruned back a large fir tree at the bottom off the garden, only the bottom branches as they were almost touching the ground. Firstly I had to find my loppers and spent 20 minutes looking for them only to find them right under my nose. I also made progress in cutting back the brambles but still a bit to go before I apply the glyphosphate. Now for a long soak in the bath.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Evening all.

...snip...

And here I thought that it was a take-off on the Stupid Super Bowl logo! :jester:

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just to add to other's comments. I don’t really like peanut butter, though when used for cooking I seem to not dislike it at all. Marmalade is something always available here at breakfast but it is something I rarely add add to my buttered toast. There probably isn’t any Marmite in the house. We used to use it but just stopped..

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2