The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, newbryford said:

In other news, I may have started an unintentional sh!tstorm on another wheeltappers thread...............

Pray tell which one!

Icba to look but would love a good laugh.

I nearly posted a very sarcastic set of remarks on Baz's favourite Exhibition cancellation thread, but for one in my life decided not to, before I pressed the  shouldn't have done that button

• Like 14
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Just took a peek at the aforementioned Exhibitions Cancelled thread, one to be avoided if at all possible. I don't know why Baz bothers dealing with the chronically thick. From my own point of view I've written off 2020 where exhibitions/toy fairs to be visited are concerned, well at least until the end of the year.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Agree 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

I don’t think it will be sunny today, it looks quite overcast. Probably won’t rain though. 
Later I shall venture to the garage to see if the old android tablet I have been charging overnight  will talk to the Scalextric Bluetooth. 
Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

floors all cleared (and , where appropriate, washed). Dusting and polishing done, About to receive triple Brownie Points from her indoors as i have also "tidied" a set of drawers..just need to move them into my work room now!.

Phil, I try hard to help but there are some people in life who really should hand over the oxygen supplies to other who could make better use of it. I do believe there are people on that thread who really do need some counselling help. 

Baz

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Mick B...what have you started? With all your best intentions some of the posts on there as as bad as on the exhibition cancellations thread.

Baz

But it does look as if the Chief Idiot has now left the party after a final warning from AY.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Lots of gritty (???) subjects today and I suppose I really ought to say something about Valley Girls before moving on to talk about honeymoon destinations - the two being completely unconnected.  As it happens I seemed to find that the girls on the coastal plain south of the Valleys, but still in the vicinity of the Taff and Ebbw rivers were - how shall I put it - 'friendlier' than those who lived in the Valleys.  Might just have been me of course.   As for honeymooning we were incredibly adventurous - after the wedding and reception on the east side of Plymouth we headed to the Roseland Penninsula for our honeymoon, and it rained for most of the drive there.  Day 1 of our married life involved a trip on the King Harry ferry and a a drive down to Falmouth to have a look round the town and spend half an hour or so on the path at the top id the cliff above the dockyard watching various steam powered machines shunting around the dockyard (well I was watching them, herself sat in the car for some reason, probably the rain).  Oh and before anybody asks we didn't go to Dobwalls while on our honeymoon, I normally did that when we were visiting my mother-in-law (who was in fact a very nice lady so no need to escape - just that Plymouth was much handier for Dobwalls than St Mawes).

Good to see GDB back among us, may we look forward to the return of other missing ERs with the hope that they're just having a break and it's all down to nothing more serious than that.  It is currently trying to rain, regrettably none too successfully but fingers are crossed and there's plenty of room in the waterbutts.  Talking, again, of the rubbish thread, there does seem to be a greater amount of stupidity than normal on RMweb at present with several total idiots (or drunkards?) coming out with some amazing garbage.  Garbage of course isn't unusual, even on the rubbish thread, but there just seems to be even more unfounded, unchecked, total nonsense being spouted as fact than is usually the case.  Talking of which I shall shortly be off to look at a thread where a disbeliever twice challenged something I said about Belgian Railway's engines being overhauled at Swindon works  - I trust the Class identity,  running numbers (various, over several decades), and note of the years in which the engine was  built and scrapped, in the case of one of them might cause him to take a rather more positive approach and keep his urine to himself.

Have a good day one and all and may the weather where you are deliver that which you might wish it to deliver.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I tried to post last night but after the site demanding twice that I register, then running slower than I've ever seen it and finally not allowing me to react to posts I gave up. In the early hours I woke up and out of idle curiosity visited the site again and all seemed OK but by then I couldn't be bothered posting. I was going to post some fascinating, amusing and highly informative things but being of advanced years I can't remember what they were now.

This morning has been devoted to manufacturing a lasagne for tonight's dinner and taking in and sterilising some deliveries. Jill has taken Dad to his house to clean and tidy it before he goes back to living there in a few days' time. He'll still be coming here for in the afternoons and for his evening meal and we will be doing all his provisioning for him but at least Jill and I will have a bit of time to ourselves.

At the risk of attracting a visit from Ms Awl-seeing, I'm planning on some mo****ing time this afternoon and finishing building the bre**down cr*ne up to the paint shop stage, when I'll take a break from it and do some scenic la**ut work.

Enjoy the rest of your day. Baz, don't let the bas*ards grind you down

Dave

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Sorry, have had to skip about twelve pages as a result of broadband issues - God, how we miss it when it isn't there, particularly during this lockdown - but I've at least discovered that the Bearer Of The Awl is still posting on Facebook - again I wasn't able to clarify that until today.

Generic greetings to all, and I'll try to return tomorrow - we're apparently having dinner in the afternoon today.

Managed to book another dump run for tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, Not been around for a few days just busy with a few jobs and then helping other half with something. Did try and login last night but had problems so gave up.

Re Mick  Bs thread sadly the opening post features a beauty spot not too far from me, I just don't understand why folks  dump their rubbish. Intrigued by comments on here I did have a look thorough the subsequent posts, oh dear!

I will refrain from having a look at the exhibitions cancelation thread as I am sure it features more of the same.

Need to order a couple of decoders this afternoon and book a tip slot for next week and thats about it.

Enjoy the rest of the day and stay safe 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 12

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Just took a peek at the aforementioned Exhibitions Cancelled thread, one to be avoided if at all possible. I don't know why Baz bothers dealing with the chronically thick. From my own point of view I've written off 2020 where exhibitions/toy fairs to be visited are concerned, well at least until the end of the year.

Arrrrrrh Exhibition cancellations posts are spreading like a virus!

we need to isolate!!!!

• Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I was going to post some fascinating, amusing and highly informative things but being of advanced years I can't remember what they were now.

Let me remind you!

How you slaved away under unbearable conditions sending  reams of MR propaganda to the Hippodrome via the two bits of twine that passes for high speed broadband in these parts.

And how you laughed because all the scans were sent upside down!

By the time I'd finished hanging from the chandelier trying to read it I was quite tired...............................

• Funny 17