Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

Just been in modelzone in Birmingham and thay have a notice up that says the Modelzone concession will stop trading at the end of January 2017.

25% off Bachmann

Buy one get one free on revel paints

Buy one get one free on Oxford Diecast

Hornby still at full price

• RMweb Premium

Just been in modelzone in Birmingham and thay have a notice up that says the Modelzone concession will stop trading at the end of January 2017.

25% off Bachmann

Buy one get one free on revel paints

Buy one get one free on Oxford Diecast

Hornby still at full price

You are a bit late to this!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/41387-bargain-hunters/page-151&do=findComment&comment=2515222

And

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118822-wh-smith-modelzone-birmingham-closing/&do=findComment&comment=2574092

Keith

Sorry I thought this was the page for bargains so I was just giving the good people the heads up / reminder that they have only three more days left to purchase a Bachman item 25%.

At Least I point out about the paints and I would like to add that they have buy one get one free on revel kits, glues and spray paints.

They also have 25% off diecast aircraft if anybody are adding an airport to there railway.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I thought this was the page for bargains so I was just giving the good people the heads up / reminder that they have only three more days left to purchase a Bachman item 25%.

At Least I point out about the paints and I would like to add that they have buy one get one free on revel kits, glues and spray paints.

They also have 25% off diecast aircraft if anybody are adding an airport to there railway.

If they really mean the end of the month then I think they'll have to increase the discount a bit to clear some of the higher value Bachmann items. If they haven't gone after being at 25% off for a couple of months, I don't see them going in the next few days (especially as before Christmas they were handing out 10% off discount cards as well).

To be fair they don't have much Bachmann and only one Oxfords radial in stock with a sticker saying buy on get one free.

Still have alot of Hornby stock.

Two of the racks now have other stock.

It looks like they will send back the Hornby stock and just filter away the other stock.

• RMweb Premium

To be fair they don't have much Bachmann and only one Oxfords radial in stock with a sticker saying buy on get one free.

Still have alot of Hornby stock.

Two of the racks now have other stock.

It looks like they will send back the Hornby stock and just filter away the other stock.

And there is also a buy one get one free on some (but not most) Corgi items, which is odd because they are also part of the Hornby portfolio, the rest of which, being concession stock, are still full price.

The Radial has been sitting there forlornly since way before Christmas. I'm not sure if they never had more than one.

Keith

Went into Modelzone Reading today. Hadn't realised they were closing down. In a way not surprising  as they had only a couple of Bachmann items in and all the Hornby still at RRP.

Most of the stock was gone and replaced by silly pink ringbinders and boxfiles! 

Shame really 

Tralrage

Back to the bargains

A Oakes in the West Midlands are doing buy one get one free on selected Hornby wagons.

This is not one of there Saturday Sales its has been running before Christmas.

It was buy one get one half price yesterday. It included some Bachmann wagons as well. Stickered items only.

• RMweb Gold

This I think is a good buy for someone

Modelzone in WHS Birmingham have the Bachmann 30-575 The Railway Children Train Pack for £134.95 then 25% off making it £101.21

Note they only have one left.

Actually, the sticker on the box already has the 25% deducted to make it £134 (it's the only Bachman item in the shop stickered like that), I chanced my arm the other week to try and get an additional 25% off the sticker price to no avail!

It was worth a try anyway, would have been split and eBay bound had I managed it

Actually, the sticker on the box already has the 25% deducted to make it £134 (it's the only Bachman item in the shop stickered like that), I chanced my arm the other week to try and get an additional 25% off the sticker price to no avail!

It was worth a try anyway, would have been split and eBay bound had I managed it

Just checked on the Bachmann website and it says the RRP price was £134.95 as stated on the Rails, Hattons, Antics and all other websites. So it might be worth going back and having a word with the manager pointing out they might of made a mistake with the RRP.

Just checked on the Bachmann website and it says the RRP price was £134.95 as stated on the Rails, Hattons, Antics and all other websites. So it might be worth going back and having a word with the manager pointing out they might of made a mistake with the RRP.

The law states "then the previous price should have been the most recent price available for 28 consecutive days or more" so the merchant is breaking the law in this case, for not stating the previous price and for not proving that the item was offered at the previous price for the stated period.

The law states "then the previous price should have been the most recent price available for 28 consecutive days or more" so the merchant is breaking the law in this case, for not stating the previous price and for not proving that the item was offered at the previous price for the stated period.

The RRP would work out to about £179.94 to get the price down to £134.95 with the 25% taken off. It's got to be a mistake at that price?

The RRP would work out to about £179.94 to get the price down to £134.95 with the 25% taken off. It's got to be a mistake at that price

Unless of course they did have them marked at  that price. Its not unknown for retailers to charge more than the manufacturers list price - one major box shifters once sold some Farish wagons at 5.25% higher than the Farish list price and no doubt those who think that box shifter cannot be beaten on price where only too willing to pay.

• RMweb Gold

actually, my bad, the sticker on the one on display the other day had £134 scored out and £101 as the current price with "25% off" written on the ticket, i tried my best to get a further 25% off that price!

When you post it might be helpful to say what it is that is good value since RMWeb truncates long links. To save others clicking the link it is an auction for a Hornby R3430 - LNER 4-6-0 Holden B12 Class ‘8573’.

£80.00 is the starting bid so it can't really be a good price until you know what the final bid is going to be. If somebody puts up a loco at a starting bid of £1 that doesn't make it a bargain. Buy It Now prices might be a different matter.

When you post it might be helpful to say what it is that is good value since RMWeb truncates long links. To save others clicking the link it is an auction for a Hornby R3430 - LNER 4-6-0 Holden B12 Class ‘8573’.

£80.00 is the starting bid so it can't really be a good price until you know what the final bid is going to be. If somebody puts up a loco at a starting bid of £1 that doesn't make it a bargain. Buy It Now prices might be a different matter.

Sorry, I should have put down the description. I realise it is an auction, but I have been waiting for a black B12 to come up at a reasonable starting price, and when I saw this one I thought someone on here might benefit from it!

this section of late appears to have dissolved into  a point scoring element, as opposed to the concept of other sharing deals with those like myself, who might have otherwise, missed them. It occurs to me that it might be better served, by reverting to its former useful purpose

Archived