Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

this section of late appears to have dissolved into  a point scoring element, as opposed to the concept of other sharing deals with those like myself, who might have otherwise, missed them. It occurs to me that it might be better served, by reverting to its former useful purpose

You should think yourself lucky you don't live in the United States of Trumpton for saying what you think or the black helicopters will coming to your house to take you to guantanamo bay. LOL

But I do agree with you,this section should be just for letting fellow modellers know about bargains,but some of us like to tell others of our own good fortune & not to score points. I believe it's called being human. By the way this post is not for scoring points!

FYI i went in to the White city Westfields branch of WHSmith / Modelzone. Bachmann and Gaugemaster stuff was all 25% off and all Hornby products were at full RRP. Asked a guy there if there was any deals on the stock due to the demise of the model zone brand within the stores but he seemed bemused at that and said theres only stock shortages at the moment and no such thing as model zones closing down as far as he was aware, at least in his store anyway...

Hornby Magazine offering free sample of their digital magazine.

https://pocketmags.com/eu/Hornby-magazine/Hornby-magazine

Just down loaded the sample mag.  It is 100 pages, and looks like to be mainly articles from previous editions of Hornby Magazine.   Still a good idea if you want to see what a digital magazine would be like.

FYI i went in to the White city Westfields branch of WHSmith / Modelzone. Bachmann and Gaugemaster stuff was all 25% off and all Hornby products were at full RRP. Asked a guy there if there was any deals on the stock due to the demise of the model zone brand within the stores but he seemed bemused at that and said theres only stock shortages at the moment and no such thing as model zones closing down as far as he was aware, at least in his store anyway...

It still isn't clear what is actually happening to WHSmith ModelZone, whilst it would seem a number are closing not every outlet is confirmed yet as going although they are all looking very depleted in stock terms

• RMweb Premium

It still isn't clear what is actually happening to WHSmith ModelZone, whilst it would seem a number are closing not every outlet is confirmed yet as going although they are all looking very depleted in stock terms

The WH Smith Modelzone website now does not have any modelling products available to buy.

It is just a banner on the website with no links.

Keith

The WH Smith Modelzone website now does not have any modelling products available to buy.

It is just a banner on the website with no links.

Keith

Hi Keith

I'm sure someone has set a page up called WH Smith Modelzone Closing in Birmingham on one of theses forums by a guy called Keith if you need more information about this subject

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118822-wh-smith-modelzone-birmingham-closing/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2596285

• RMweb Premium

Just went to download the so called free copy of Hornby Mag and this is what I came up just before I started to download the app.  Needless to say I did not proceed.

attachicon.gifHornby Mag Warning.tiff

Do you have any security software that might have thrown up that message?

I occasionally get similar messages from known good links but best to be careful, just in case.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Hi Keith

I'm sure someone has set a page up called WH Smith Modelzone Closing in Birmingham on one of theses forums by a guy called Keith if you need more information about this subject

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/118822-wh-smith-modelzone-birmingham-closing/page-3&do=findComment&comment=2596285

? Strange page to link to :

That's a shame I was going to visit them today after watching a video of them in the February mag.

:jester:

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Just went to download the so called free copy of Hornby Mag and this is what I came up just before I started to download the app.  Needless to say I did not proceed.

attachicon.gifHornby Mag Warning.tiff

Looks like a false positve by your security software. I went to the site and downloaded the free edition OK, no warnings.

Rob

Re warning, this is the first time i have ever had this warning in about 4 years on this computer and I am not aware of any security software issues.  I do however have the very vague memory of downloading the pocket mag app when I was looking at getting BRM that was:

a) a pain to use on a mac and messed up some other programs.  It actually took a telephone call to the UK to get it sorted and

b) was one hell of a pain to remove when I decided not to follow up because unlike the NA concept (pdf format) i never actually get to own the copy.

This would have been on my old MAC.  

• RMweb Gold

Looks like a false positve by your security software. I went to the site and downloaded the free edition OK, no warnings.

Rob

That is a brave statement and I would not assume it was a false positive without investigation. It could after all be your software not detecting a problem.

Without knowing what software, build state and virus definitions I would advise against suggesting anything is ok.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

That is a brave statement and I would not assume it was a false positive without investigation. It could after all be your software not detecting a problem.

Without knowing what software, build state and virus definitions I would advise against suggesting anything is ok.

Roy

It could well be my security software not detecting it, but, I suggested it was a false positive, not that it was definitely one.

The OP wisely didn't proceed, so no harm done. I'd have done the same if my software had done that too.

He suggests from his other comments he may be in the US. Perhaps that has a bearing.

Rob

It could well be my security software not detecting it, but, I suggested it was a false positive, not that it was definitely one.

The OP wisely didn't proceed, so no harm done. I'd have done the same if my software had done that too.

He suggests from his other comments he may be in the US. Perhaps that has a bearing.

Rob

Has Trump built that Firewall yet? :jester:

Sorry it was just a wall my bag.

• RMweb Gold

Out of the 20 odd emails i just went through only one had a bargain in it.

Maybe we need to rename this thread "Occasional Bargain Hunter" sponsored by Birds Eye "Waffle".

Please guys if some want to talk in detail about modelzone, software issues et al be mindfull of the fact your filling up other peoples inboxes with mails irrelevant to them and possibly the thread topic. Maybe use pm to each other to discuss?

Just a suggestion.

Archived