EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Someone please explain?  Still available from the manufacturer for £40, states this in the listing even and now sailing past £55 with a day to go?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262644096659?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• RMweb Premium

Someone please explain?  Still available from the manufacturer for £40, states this in the listing even and now sailing past £55 with a day to go?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262644096659?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Can't blame the seller.

It's the "Its on e-bay it must be cheap" brigade, like those MRRC motors. Good when they were released, definitely old hat now.

Keith

Can't blame the seller.

It's the "Its on e-bay it must be cheap" brigade, like those MRRC motors. Good when they were released, definitely old hat now.

Keith

Perhaps also a bit of artificial bidding on some such items, deliberately pushing the price up for the hell of it in a 'too much for me, but the other can pay through the nose! ' way.

They might be worthwhile (just) for the 0-4-0 mechs. (£15 does seem a bit much though.)

I assume the idea was an airport scene with taxiing aircraft - another of those "It seemed like a good idea at the time!"

Edited by Il Grifone

They might be worthwhile (just) for the 0-4-0 mechs. (£15 does seem a bit much though.)

I assume the idea was an airport scene with taxiing aircraft - another of those "It seemed like a good idea at the time!"

Given the running characteristics of the average Hornby 0-4-0 I'd suggest that actual flight may have been a (albeit short lived) possibility :D.

• Like 1

Tri-ang had a similar idea in 1963-4....the Taxiing Aircraft was one of many "not made" models shewn in the 1964 Tri-ang Railways / Minic Motorways / Model Land Catalogue.... ;)

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Given the running characteristics of the average Hornby 0-4-0 I'd suggest that actual flight may have been a (albeit short lived) possibility :D.

When the (original) Modelzone in Birmingham had a working Hornby layout I asked why it was always operated by a couple of the basic 0-4-0s.

"because they are the most reliable" was the answer.

Keith

• Like 1

This pile of Sh1te is described as:-

Hornby R156 REFINISHED KIT BUILT LMS BLACK 0-6-0 CLASS 08 DIESEL SHUNTER LOCO

Not KIT BUILT.

Not LMS.

Oh yes GosTURDe again.

And £49.50p, is he having a Turkish!!!!   (Turkish Bath - Laugh).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R156-REFINISHED-KIT-BUILT-LMS-BLACK-0-6-0-CLASS-08-DIESEL-SHUNTER-LOCO-nf-/331964148891?hash=item4d4a9aec9b:g:VSsAAOSwFe5X0aRN