EBay madness

Marcyg

He does have 930,878 positive feedbacks for the last year though, so 7062 is not all that bad as a percentage, 99.2%

That's true, but some of the negative feedback is rather cautionary however - no answer to emails, requiring postage for a faulty return (contrary to Sale of Goods), item supplied not the one illustrated and having to raise complaints with eBay to obtain a refund - all no-nos.

Edited by Il Grifone

Clock all the negative feedback on this seller...

I got taken in by this one, ordered a DVD from them and it came direct from Amazon, at a premium price of course. I paid for express delivery as I was going away a couple of days later. Naturally it didn't arrive, so had to re-order before I finally got the item when I got home again. didn't leave feedback.

• RMweb Gold

I got taken in by this one, ordered a DVD from them and it came direct from Amazon, at a premium price of course. I paid for express delivery as I was going away a couple of days later. Naturally it didn't arrive, so had to re-order before I finally got the item when I got home again. didn't leave feedback.

I recently ordered a book for my daughter which never came. They claimed it was returned to them too damaged to resend, and they were now out of stock of it, which was odd, as they seemed to have 2 in stock. Didn't argue, just got them to refund, and ordered it from elsewhere for the same price.

Note this sentence at the bottom of every listing - "Please note, the image is for illustrative purposes only, actual book cover, binding and edition may vary."

Is that legal - to show a photo of an item in mint condition when the one being sold might be tatty?

• RMweb Gold

Note this sentence at the bottom of every listing - "Please note, the image is for illustrative purposes only, actual book cover, binding and edition may vary."

Is that legal - to show a photo of an item in mint condition when the one being sold might be tatty?

I don't know the legalities, but, probably not illegal as long as you mention it, any catalogue you get has a picture of an item in it, not necessarily the one you'll get though.

Mike.