EBay madness

Marcyg

Let's start a "Multi Coloured Swap Shop" for trains (as long as we don't have to have Noel Edmonds! :no: )

Maybe on RMWeb?  :scratchhead:

e.g "I have a set of valve gear for Flying Scotsman, which I wiil swap for a tender top for a GWR 43XX mogul?" sort of thing.

Keith

We had the ideal in the form of Classifieds but it was hijacked by traders and poor management who thought they could become a mini Ebay type site!

Mark Saunders

• RMweb Gold

I've been after a 33/1 to go with my 4-TC build (I may stretch to a Kernow one, but a home brew one is on the cards).

I've been watching for them (33/1s) on eBay, but rather amazed by the price Rails are asking for this class 33, minus front glazing, buffers and looking like it's had a major disagreement with its previous owner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heljan-OO-GAUGE-3310-CLASS-33-D6553-BR-GREEN-DIESEL-LOCOMOTIVE-DCC-3O-/131847655670?hash=item1eb2bb90f6

For just a shade under a fiver more, I relented and bought a new one from Hattons. Hattons do good secondhand bargains, Rails could learn a thing or two, as they aren't first choice for my new buys because of this sort of excessive pricing. I especially enjoy picking up cheap "needs attention" bargains from eBay, and rectify, but this is not in that class and in wide berth territory. Doesn't anyone else rapidly move along from this type of listing in case the fat fingers accidently press the "buy it now" button? This is one of them.

Neil

Having just discovered Hattons' pre-owned section I would agree that much of their S/H stock seems to be quite reasonably priced. Certainly compared to some of the overpriced grot that turns up on Ebay. I've just bought a non-running Lima King off them for a similar price to a cosmetically worse one I got off Ebay. I'm hoping to turn the two into a reasonable, 3-railed example to go with my small Dublo collection of  express locos, and a less good but decently running one to sell on in the hope of recovering a portion of my costs.

• Like 1

This my favourite Rails piece of tat. In good boxed condition apparently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heljan-OO-GAUGE-CLASS-33-BR-GREEN-DIESEL-LOCOMOTIVE-DCC-7J-/191868853735?hash=item2cac465de7:g:-kEAAOSwNKVXMbx0

With 10 watchers, I guess it has already graced this thread....

Actually, ive been meaning to buy that one, its chassis will be useful to donate to remotoring one of my Hornby 86s

NL

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
“in the style of Lawrence and Goddard.”

“LAWRENCE SCALE MODELS & LARRY GODDARD ?”

Either they were built by Larry or they weren't. As I understand it they were always signed and numbered as has been shown by other reputable sellers on Ebay. One just has to shake one's head at these debatable descriptions.

• RMweb Gold

Either they were built by Larry or they weren't. As I understand it they were always signed and numbered as has been shown by other reputable sellers on Ebay. One just has to shake one's head at these debatable descriptions.

He's been watching too much "Bargain Hunt".

Mike.

Larry's the only coach builder he knows has heard of, so he sticks the name on just about every coach......

• RMweb Premium

Larry's the only coach builder he knows has heard of, so he sticks the name on just about every coach......

God forbid if he ever has anything painted yellow..................

Cheers,

Mick

p.s he does and it's not by me..................