EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

any catalogue you get has a picture of an item in it, not necessarily the one you'll get though.

Mike.

Car advertising billboards are the same.

You get the headline "Model XXX £12,000 on the road"

But the picture is of Model YYY which has a bigger engine, alloy wheels with decent tyres and tinted glass in the windows etc. etc., which costs £20,000 on the road!

Keith

• RMweb Gold

The art of weathering is knowing exactly when to stop - clearly whoever did this just didn't!

We see this kind of thing on these pages time and time again where good models are simply ruined.

The art of weathering is also knowing when not to start, he's exceeded his expectations fairly comprehensively.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

+

Is 500 any longer a "Limited Edition"?

Hornby do this all the time, when 1500

was once the standard batch

Noel

I remember it when it used to be 3000... and wasnt that long ago.

(Indeed there are examples of limited editions of 3000 out there too... Lima's 92001 and Bachmanns 60532 come to mind, and Hornby's Big 4 Royal Doulton Sets (R648/Tonvridge, R650 King Henry VI, R649 A4 Ronald Matthews and R459 Duchess City of St Albans),.

The previous hard to find Hornby Exeter (R320) was limited to 4000 pieces in 1995 !

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

What is it supposed to be? Looks like it could be a Triang 'Lord of the Isles' loco chassis and strangely with a tender drive.

Must be 'freelance' as there were no wheel arrangements of 4-2-2 on the LT&SR that l know of!

• RMweb Premium

Must be 'freelance' as there were no wheel arrangements of 4-2-2 on the LT&SR that l know of!

IIRC I think the entire fleet of the Loughborough, Tilicoultry and Shannon Railway consisted of this type of loco! :jester:

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

What is it supposed to be? Looks like it could be a Triang 'Lord of the Isles' loco chassis and strangely with a tender drive.

My investigation turned up nothing. 4-4-2Ts and 0-6-2Ts were preferred. AFAIK there were no 'Tilbury' tender locomotives at all.

The 'model' appears to have the Tri-ang chassis and possibly a K's Midland 'Spinner' body??. Sold for £62.33!   :O

It should be 'Emerson Park' (as it appears the model is actually lettered - the pictures are not all that clear).

Edited by Il Grifone

My investigation turned up nothing. 4-4-2Ts and 0-6-2Ts were preferred. AFAIK there were no 'Tilbury' tender locomotives at all.

The 'model' appears to have the Tri-ang chassis and possibly a K's Midland 'Spinner' body??. Sold for £62.33! :O

It should be 'Emerson Park' (as it appears the model is actually lettered - the pictures are not all that clear).

Just for the record the LTSR did have tender locos. They acquired two chunky and slightly unusual looking 0-6-0 locos from Sharp Stewart in 1899. They were originally intended for the Ottoman Railway in Turkey, hence their rather odd cab. They also had the magnificent Baltic tanks.

The 'model' has a certain whiff of some of the singles that ran on their rival's, the GER, tracks and might have looked better in blue.

Edited by Nick Holliday

The 'model' appears to have the Tri-ang chassis and possibly a K's Midland 'Spinner' body??. Sold for £62.33!   :O

I thought so too....

But on closer examination of the underside photos, I am not so sure....the Tri-ang LOI / 123 Chassis was a cast block....

Apparently the internet site I found wasn't as complete as it seemed and on second thoughts Sarah is right about the LOI chassis This one seems to be made from rather thick metal (?) plates. I'm not too sure about the body either.

Prepare yourself - this is a REAL shock, Gost*rd is starting an auction at a realistic price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILLS-FINECAST-EM-GAUGE-KIT-BUILT-GW-GWR-0-6-0-CLASS-20XX-SADDLE-TANK-LOCO-2007-/361780765454?hash=item543bd0630e:g:y0AAAOSwHMJYCQIH

That's only 'cos it (and the others) are EM gauge, which seems to be a devaluation in his book. Hopefully that might make any P4 stock even cheaper :jester: Edited by Horsetan

I cant do link, so ill discribe what ive found.

I have just got some Bachmann class 46 (3 of) to repower some of my old peaks. I know the battery boxes are different, but it is a easy and cheap way of getting a better drive train. If you put a serch in for Bachmann class 46, then put it in price order you will find 2 chassis blocks, with motor but no bogies for sale at £39.75 plus £4.95 post. Just before them is a compleate loco for sale at £38.99 plus £4 post.

Go figure?

Ps-The ones ive purchaised have cost me a maximum of £38, inc post.

• Like 1