GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

I would have thought that Seacows were Instanter, but I could be wrong.

These were built by the LSWR in 1903/4 so l would have thought they would have been three link, but l am not 100% sure...

Been busy this weekend finishing off the wagons and the K10 all l have to do is fit the brake gear on the tender and the loco the a nice coat of black paint, l think the Dog / Catfish will be olive green...

post-7716-0-12906200-1520238647_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-36429800-1520238779_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hello Bob, Thanks for the encouragement  the K10 is almost finished now apart from the painting, the livery l have finally come up with is unlined wartime black with Southern and large numbers on the tender also l want to build a steam depot (only a small section of it mainly to let the locos have a little run on and take photos) l have chose 1949 somewhere in south London so that l can have my trolley-bus on the bridge ? plus l can mix early BR locos with some Southern locos with Southern on the tender ( l don't think BR would have renumbered all of the locos that quick) could be wrong..

• Like 1

Had a really good day today and did a lot of work, Mark was very busy with his Chowbent patriot and is now really beginning to look the part now but still needs a lot of cleaning up, l spent an hour or so looking for my Fox Southern transfers l bought a while back and glad to say l found them, with the K10 l have decided on all over wartime black at the moment but l will line her out with a thin line of green or whatever colour it was, l will have to do some research l guess...

post-7716-0-94024700-1520446052_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-64673400-1520446152_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-59711900-1520446293_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-55061500-1520446432_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-44744300-1520446557_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Hello Ray, Not bad kits for £30 each, nice brass clean castings not as easy as l thought but l got there in the end the first is a Catfish and the next will be a Dogfish, as l want to make a ballast train up l already have three Grampus to make yet and then l guess l will need a Shark ?

Hi George,

Could I ask what problems/difficulties you encountered with the Dogfish & Catfish?

Are they the M&M kits?

Hi George,

Could I ask what problems/difficulties you encountered with the Dogfish & Catfish?

Are they the M&M kits?

Hello Phil, Yes they are the ones from M&M the problem l had was with the hoppers when l folded them up l could not get them to fit the chassis and had to cut then in two in order to get them square, also the instruction were not clear enough, but more fiddly than hard, but l got there in the end, but for the price they were good. 

Very nice George - Look forward to seeing these finished - Top work Mate :good:

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob, Really enjoyed making the K10 and l am thinking of building some of the Southerns big heavy freight locos ?..

George the K10 is very nice.

With the Maunsell E livery you have, it could have green lining. Wartime black would of had no lining and Bullied lettering.

Hello Peter, l thought it was the wartime livery ? l tend to model what l like same as the livery, l don't like the sunshine lettering at all. so the livery l have done the K10 in is Maunsell E thanks for that Peter l know now, l have revisited your G6 build and love the lining you have done, would my K10 have had that lining ?.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Richard, just love the black locos of the Southern,

PS what are you up to these days ?...

Thanks. Been busy with projects for other people. Making myself a diorama but not got a thread yet.

• Like 1

Hello Peter, l thought it was the wartime livery ? l tend to model what l like same as the livery, l don't like the sunshine lettering at all. so the livery l have done the K10 in is Maunsell E thanks for that Peter l know now, l have revisited your G6 build and love the lining you have done, would my K10 have had that lining ?.

Yes it would be Like the G6. I am not sure the tender frames are lined like green locos. the instructions say as per green. but I've not seen photographic evidence of lining on the tender frames. Green on black in shadows is hard to see.

Hello Phil, Yes they are the ones from M&M the problem l had was with the hoppers when l folded them up l could not get them to fit the chassis and had to cut then in two in order to get them square, also the instruction were not clear enough, but more fiddly than hard, but l got there in the end, but for the price they were good.

Thank you George, much appreciated ;) Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)