Grantham - the Streamliner years

LNER4479

8 hours ago, Denbridge said:

I do hope that Grantham has a long term future now it is being replaced in your Chapel by the west coast route.

1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

It definitely deserves a secure future.  I still can't quite believe that one of the finest layouts I've seen was only ever an interim project...

Your concern is most touching. Fortunately, I know a man with a barn ...

20211027_120037.jpg

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, LNER4479 said:

Your concern is most touching. Fortunately, I know a man with a barn ...

20211027_120037.jpg

Exactly the sort of protective goggles, ear defenders and highly visible tough protective overalls (with no loose or baggy bits to get caught in machinery) that I expected to see. I hope he didn't get anything delicate in the way of that log splitter...

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 18/01/2022 at 21:42, manna said:

G'Day Folks

Novel way to make 'Baseboards'...........!

manna

I was thinking how long would it take for that log splitter thing to turn a baseboard into firewood. 

:punish:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, plenty of scope for viewers, well intentioned or otherwise, to distract the fiddle yard operators from their tasks. Polite participation in conversation, possibly with friends not seen for some time, as well as the evident additional need to keep an eye on stock security, ought to to be quite enough to increase the likelihood that punctual and correct preparation, dispatch and receipt of trains gets disrupted, and that friction develops when those at the front want a flawless performance...

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, LMS29 said:

It looks as though there will be all round viewing, so no sleeping in the fiddleyards then!!

Indeed, spent a happy 20 mins watching fiddle yard operation, including digital point operation.

It’s quite complicated!

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

I finally got to see the layout in the flesh and very spectacular it is too. Had a brief chat with Graham during set-up on Friday afternoon and was able to push through the crowds once or twice to watch operations (as well as witness a green traders lorry wrap itself around a tree). Most layouts only have spectacular derailments but Grantham has road traffic accidents as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1