BRM November 2012

Dicky W

Oh dear, I fear this calendar idea could go so so wrong, gentlemen.

Who'd want to get stuck with one of Parker's Green Bogies, or a strategically placed Smellie Big Bogie?

Or worse still one of Drummond, or Worsdell's Big Gobblers?

I certainly wouldn't like a Flying Pig, or Gresley's Galloping Sausage!

But what about the choice between a Chopper, an Iron Lung, a Concrete Mixer, or a Sturrock's "Outside Swinger"? Mmm, all were good engines in their day.

Best choice maybe would be Coppernob, rather than another LMS choice, one of the Crabs!.

And for the RMweb lades, straight away they'd have a choice between Large bloomers, Small bloomers, or perhaps one of the Great Eastern's dainty "Butterflies"?

You know this could catch on, but I certainly wouldn't want one of D.E.Marsh's (I1) 4-4-2 tanks alongside my picture!

I don't know what's in these pain-killers, but .......

• RMweb Gold

Interesting as my iPad 2 locked up the other week...the screen became 'untouchable' as I was pretty worried.

Did a complete restart and it sorted it all out.

Hopefully the deleting action and reloading will sort it...a bit painful but hopefully it works out for you...

I did delete the app and reinstall it yesterday evening and I can now view the November edition.

Now to download previous editions when back on the home wifi.

Annoying but at least its working for now.

Ian

I enjoyed the review of the Maunsell Push-Pull set and agree that it is a shame that the Hornby couplings attached to the inner ends do not allow the vehicles to be truly close-coupled. The article goes on the suggest that it would be difficult to rectify this but it is actually quite simple. All you need to do is to replace one of the supplied couplings with the Roco alternative. This is of the same design as the Hornby one but a little shorter. If you use this, it will give an acceptible gap between the coupled vehicles. I bought my Rocos from Keen Systems but other dealers have these.

I have used this method with all my Maunsell sets and Hornby Pullmans and the effect is very pleasing. There is still a slight gap but when I attempted to use two Rocos, the coaches would not couple.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Dave

I used two Kadee No 19's NEM couplings on my set along with a folded paper corridor connector fixed to one vehicle only. Achieves a nice close result, they would have been buckeyes on the prototype and still negotiates peco medium radius pointwork and crossings OK in both pull and push modes.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave

I used two Kadee No 19's NEM couplings on my set along with a folded paper corridor connector fixed to one vehicle only. Achieves a nice close result, they would have been buckeyes on the prototype and still negotiates peco medium radius pointwork and crossings OK in both pull and push modes.

Thanks, Graham, I had not thought of using Kadees.

Dave

Archived