Kernow Models D6xx Update

Andy Y

I called Kernow yesterday and they were happy to renew my pre-order without any payment.  I think the email was worded a little clumsily but they also want to get an up to date view of the pre-orders and if they can get pre-payment even better.

I too found the email not particularly clear. I have now paid in full. Even at £159, the price is not out of sync with other producers. £149 for a Dapol class 68 for comparison. Added bonus is £15 money off other purchases.

Mike Wiltshire

If you think this has taken a while (and I'm confident it is on its way), just remember Wrenn & Dapol not forgetting Kitmaster ! What happened to the B-G, Adams Radial, Manchester Pullmans, A3 etc?

Stewart

I am still waiting for the Wrenn 6 wheel stove my Dad paid a deposit on over thirty years ago!

Mike Wiltshire

I’ve paid for mine. £10 discount and £15 credit isn’t at all bad. I’ve been musing over a second and decided to order it at the same time. I didn’t get the £15 credit on the second one. I didn’t think I would but I thought it worth asking. :)

I’m fairly content to pay, after all I’ve had the money for one set aside since North British went bust.

I have a notion that I might like two more Bulleids. Suddenly I’ve stopped feeling impatient. Time to feed the piggy bank. Come to think of it, I shall have to stagger to a bank with all those pound coins soon, shan’t I?

• RMweb Gold

For me the biggest surprise with all the delays is that people seem to be surprised by them. It has been going on for long enough now that I am not quite sure what people are expecting.

The 2H and Warship will be my longest waits, but I am glad I waited for the 2H and I am sure I will love the Warship as well.

Roy

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve paid for mine. £10 discount and £15 credit isn’t at all bad. I’ve been musing over a second and decided to order it at the same time. I didn’t get the £15 credit on the second one. I didn’t think I would but I thought it worth asking. :)

I’m fairly content to pay, after all I’ve had the money for one set aside since North British went bust.

I have a notion that I might like two more Bulleids. Suddenly I’ve stopped feeling impatient. Time to feed the piggy bank. Come to think of it, I shall have to stagger to a bank with all those pound coins soon, shan’t I?

No impatience on my part and I shall still be having the two D6XX I ordered some long time back - these things take time and money to get them to our front doors.  No Bulleids on order but that's because they're the wrong sort of Railway for me and no other reason beyond my simplistic bias although I do remember them in traffic so might just be tempted (although there are plenty of other goodies for me in Kernow's pipeline).

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had this email several weeks ago, and declined as I'd prefer to wait until EP models are with us. On saying that though, I doubt even if there were minor issues the four horsemen of the apocalypse couldn't stop me from buying them, I've preordered two.

I hope they eventually do the BSYP D602, they'd have another sale with me if they did.

Neil

Great that they're moving ahead. I'm much more interested in the bulleid locos really mind. But have a soft spot for the warships (D827 being named Kelly), and d6xx would go nicely with the d8xx models, though no where planned atm to run them!

• RMweb Gold

No impatience on my part and I shall still be having the two D6XX I ordered some long time back - these things take time and money to get them to our front doors.  No Bulleids on order but that's because they're the wrong sort of Railway for me and no other reason beyond my simplistic bias although I do remember them in traffic so might just be tempted (although there are plenty of other goodies for me in Kernow's pipeline).

Don't think there will be any difficulty in spending the £15 other than making a choice of goodies present or future.

Great that they're moving ahead. I'm much more interested in the bulleid locos really mind. But have a soft spot for the warships (D827 being named Kelly), and d6xx would go nicely with the d8xx models, though no where planned atm to run them!

ATM, are you to run them around a cash machine.?

• RMweb Premium

I think we have to be realistic about this. Kernow weren't responsible for the delays, and they're the ones who've been spending money that they won't be able to recover until the models finally arrive. If they don't make a profit out of this then they're going to be a lot less able (and probably a lot less willing) to fund further commissions. That means that they have to adjust the price, If customers are unhappy with the new price then they can cancel and just as I think Kernow are fully justified in adjusting the price in these circumstances so I also think that consumers are fully justified in cancelling if the price changes like this to a point that they no longer feel happy with. That said, I think the new price is where I'd expect it to be and do not consider it over priced.

• RMweb Gold

Well then... raise your glass to a model of an iconic engineering failure : the flawed flagship of "The Modernisation Plan" on the WR noted more for its absence then presence on main line duty. Bet the model will be more reliable than its prototype.Fingers crossed...

• Like 1

Well then... raise your glass to a model of an iconic engineering failure : the flawed flagship of "The Modernisation Plan" on the WR noted more for its absence then presence on main line duty. Bet the model will be more reliable than its prototype.Fingers crossed...

But one did star in a Miss Marple movie , and made it into Wales on freights.

I'm biased I know but think , having saw the example at Woodhams, they were a stylish and purposeful looking loco.

I'm certainly glad I'm getting the chance to make it for Kernow, that's for sure!

• Like 5