Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

1 green, 1 orange and 2 blue don't need trimming actually!

I felt that leaving the other bits over-length was safer - their adjustments will depend on the actual thickness of the blocks and the ply. Oh, and I may change my mind on the design!

Which 2 blues ones ?

The outer two (top & bottom on your diagram) both sit inside the green & orange ( front & back edges) so if cut to 960mm they will need trimming so the frame fits the size of the top.

Unless you are slightly increasing the depth ( f to b ) with the spilt height surface ?

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

Which 2 blues ones ?

The outer two (top & bottom on your diagram) both sit inside the green & orange ( front & back edges) so if cut to 960mm they will need trimming so the frame fits the size of the top.

Unless you are slightly increasing the depth ( f to b ) with the spilt height surface ?

The outer two blue ones Stu. The board top is 960mm wide as are the outer blue lengths which fit under the top board. The outer green and orange lengths are 1000mm long to match the top board length but don't fit under the top board - they are on the side of the 960mm lengths and extend above the board top.

post-6675-0-63555600-1394531136.jpg

Thinking about it, if it weren't for the inner red and green lengths, none of the pieces would need trimming.

(Edit for mixing up my greens and reds)

Difficult to measure precisely whilst they're still in the packet Chris – the header card says "to suit all fixing requirements" ;-)

D

Does it tell you how exactly to fit the hole - I'll need to know at this planning stage. 

Word of caution, Chris.

Some suppliers of packets of holes mislabelled them - they should have been "wrong holes" or "holes in error". Then it really didn't matter what size they were.

I blame EU regulations.

You may be able to identify holes in error by the product code 050D1T.

Edited by Coombe Barton

• RMweb Gold

The outer two blue ones Stu. The board top is 960mm wide as are the outer blue lengths which fit under the top board. The outer green and orange lengths are 1000mm long to match the top board length but don't fit under the top board - they are on the side of the 960mm lengths and extend above the board top.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_02 Mar. 10 21.57.jpg

Thinking about it, if it weren't for the inner red and green lengths, none of the pieces would need trimming.

(Edit for mixing up my greens and reds)

Does it tell you how exactly to fit the hole - I'll need to know at this planning stage. 

Ah, got you (note to self : should have spotted the front & back edges were taller - must try harder !!)

• RMweb Premium

Ah, got you (note to self : should have spotted the front & back edges were taller - must try harder !!)

Subtle adjustment - there's now 6 that don't need cutting and it should make construction easier. 

post-6675-0-87810400-1394541056.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Don - I've been chair and key spotting from the armchair looking at photos of the area. My conclusions are that the 'alternate L/R on single lines' rule was a very nice idea but one that was nowhere near religiously followed on the ground for the reasons you state. There's examples of LLLRRLRRRRLL LLRRLLLR and so on and so on! I'm starting to wonder if i'm better going for the approach of randomly picking chairs out of a mixed LR pot?!

Just make sure the keys on each timber or sleeper go in from the same side.

• RMweb Premium

Just make sure the keys on each timber or sleeper go in from the same side.

Will do but is that LL, RR, LR or RL ;-p

(depends on how you look at each side I suppose)

This could confuse a stupid person...

I'm confused.*

(*Not really)

• RMweb Premium

Just had to run out to the car and measure the width across the boot and wheel arches... had a horrible feeling that the widened boards* would be too big to fit in, but it's OK. Phew.

* In a fit of miserliness I increased the top area from 915x1000 to 960x1000 to make the most of the plywood sheet size.   

• RMweb Premium

Having been given a prod by Rob that he needs somewhere to run a 7mm GWR Bloater, I've now finished the first panel of SR 60' track.

post-6675-0-15113700-1394573952_thumb.jpg

Here it is attached to the 2nd point I've almost finished. If I do one more panel I'll almost have a shunting plank!

post-6675-0-61470400-1394573947_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure Old Gringo has noticed (he likes numbers) but the number of views of this thread has just crossed the 34000 mark.

post-6675-0-33681600-1394574323.jpg

Why is that special? Well a 110 reasons between 34001 to 34110!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Having been given a prod by Rob that he needs somewhere to run a 7mm GWR Bloater, I've now finished the first panel of SR 60' track.

attachicon.gifIMAG5115.jpg

Here it is attached to the 2nd point I've almost finished. If I do one more panel I'll almost have a shunting plank!

attachicon.gifIMAG5114.jpg

Here it is Chris, give it a run .

post-126-0-03812700-1394574464_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Could you turn it through 90deg Rob? It will fit on the track easier then.

Sierd is your man but if you're serious I will take another photo end on for you.

• RMweb Premium

A thousand thank yous for that Kev. My daughter will love it and undoubtedly use the word 'cute'.

I've got just the place for the zebra enclosure - behind the backscene on one of the curved corners. It will look great and give the rhino enclosure a run for its money.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Combe Martin and counting then...... :jester: Missed the more relevant 34007 and 34016 though!

Just like the real thing the numbers flashed past. I only caught 75, 82 and 110. Got to keep an eye open for the Merchant Navies next (35001-30).

Edit: from memory 007 is Wadebridge and 016 Bodmin. Bodmin was of course named at the station. Must have been interesting getting such a big loco up the branch.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

For tonight's hotel-based modelling extravaganza I will mostly be trimming 176 8'6" C&L sleepers.

Living the dream!

After attacking the mini bar perhaps.