Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

One from this morning, too early for proper camera pics

Had to assess someone to bidston on the rhtt, couple of issues en route with axle counter failures but we got there!!

IMG_8755.jpg

Then it was briefly home and up to carlisle in readiness for my job the rest of the week, somewhere I've not been before, ever, conducted all the way once I get north of carlisle Kingmoor

Proper camera and tripod at the ready for a few pics, won't be home for almost 2 weeks though what with half term so I'll have to wait to upload them, i'll hopefully post some iphone pics while I'm up there though

• Like 18

Re #3635, aw shucks, I was going to save one or more as screen backgrounds but they are photobucket links...

Wish I'd known they were iPhone pics at first, I've never managed anything like that with MINE. I was at Maxey Crossing last night as two HST and a local went through, I must try some photography there...

• Like 1

Excellent photos Jim...we went to the highlands this summer and the scenery was second to none. We didn't go on any railway journeys but saw the Jacobite a couple of times at Mallaig, and the sleeper(s) in Fort William and Inverness. If you've got time, there's a railway museum in Mallaig near the station, and the port itself is worth a look round. Look forward to more! :yes:

Thanks,

Jack.

• RMweb Gold

Lovely pictures. Was my patch for about a year just before privatisation so the plungers at Crianlarich and the old stone signal mechanisms brought back memories. Your first experience of RETB? Prior to RETB the stations were Tyndrum Upper and Tyndrum Lower, but Upper Tyndrum was renamed to avoid misinterpretation on a distorted radio channel. 25 years since I have cab ridden the West Highland in a 37, but it takes a lot of beating. Thanks for the memories.

Paul.

Jim

Great pics glad you enjoyed the Scottish trip it really is a beautiful line the WHL good to see some 37's on it again also I am sure I had 421 on the sleeper in the mid 2000's it was not the best of health then glad Colas taking better care of her.

Maybe you will get to drive the Far North and Kyle lines soon as well

Dave