Farish mk2F coaches

On 24/10/2020 at 18:50, westie7 said:

Now I've done a BSO/FO cut-n-shut to a BFK in OO ... Wonder if I could do it in N

IIRC Mk2d were the last ones with Compartment stock Mk2F were all open saloons.

6 hours ago, acg5324 said:

IIRC Mk2d were the last ones with Compartment stock Mk2F were all open saloons.

The fundamental body is the same between Mk2d and f so if doing a cut and shut BFK then fixing the odd vent and fan is not a problem. The alternative is just to add a new interior and paint the 1 and Yellow stripe on - fixing the fan and M/A would be on my list but even I would find it difficult to tell the difference of a plain body shell without the livery and number to help.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Bomag said:

The fundamental body is the same between Mk2d and f so if doing a cut and shut BFK then fixing the odd vent and fan is not a problem. The alternative is just to add a new interior and paint the 1 and Yellow stripe on - fixing the fan and M/A would be on my list but even I would find it difficult to tell the difference of a plain body shell without the livery and number to help.

Yes, the easiest part is cutting up the FO and creating a corridor interior. Getting the BSO brake section cut into the correct proportion is the nightmare

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bomag said:

Pitty the IC Scotrail one has the set number on the end which limits its time period.

Will it come off with a light touch with a cocktail stick? A lot of recent Farish printing does. Easier to remove than apply neatly if so!

Jo

• Agree 2
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if this has been discussed/shown before, but how well do the liveries match between the Dapol mk3's and the farish mk2's?

I've never modelled in N before and would like to recreate the mixed rakes seen during the mid 80's.

Such a shame that one manufacturer didn't do the lot.

Thanks in advance.

Blue-grey stock is OK. There's some difference with the Intercity liveried stock - DVTs in particular as the upper band of executive dark grey is the wrong colour (and I think Farish have it too dark!).

In both cases I'm happy to run the two side by side - there's enough variation at 1:1 scale to make it prototypical!

A bigger problem is the couplings - the Farish Mk2s and the Dapol Mk3 DVT are at slightly different heights which can lead to unwanted uncouplings, particularly if you replace the standard rapido with the smaller Dapol dummy buckeyes.

Steven B.

Edited by Steven B
  • Thanks 1