Lidl display cabinets now on sale

Has anyone lit their cases ?

I'm looking at getting two small, one for the kommandants crystal collection and one for my chuffers.

Where they will be is a long way from a plug and I'd rather not have unsightly cable trunking so looking for battery solution

One of mine has been screwed to the wall for 3 years the other two for a year and are still secure. I bought some LED lights from eBay and have them all lit. They look great fantastic way to display my collection. Cannot recommend them highly enough. If your in two minds go and get them you will not regret it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My car complained when I loaded four large cabinets in the boot at once.

My car notices any extra weight but took a pair of the smaller cabinets in its stride. On the subject of suitable walls, one of my cabinets is now supported on an internal breeze block wall, the other I am still looking for a suitable place to hang it though I'm looking now at the side of a disused chimney breast. I do have some suitable walls but most are in direct sunlight for a lot of the day, something else to consider when siting these cabinets.

Have noticed that my two small cabinets keep most of the dust out these are located in my bedroom. They are fixed to a breeze block wall but I think I cheated and had some 6" screws in my van so the plugs are buried deep one note of caution though I gave two 60's on one shelf and there is a slight but if flex in the shelves but they have been like that for 3 years now and no problems

One of mine has been screwed to the wall for 3 years the other two for a year and are still secure. I bought some LED lights from eBay and have them all lit. They look great fantastic way to display my collection. Cannot recommend them highly enough. If your in two minds go and get them you will not regret it.

Darrel. Do you have a link for the lights?

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is after some more of these, I'm still seeing the odd few around. I picked up the last small one from Lidl in Astley Bridge, Bolton. They still had white finish large ones. The manager rang the Bury branch for my friend who wanted a pair after seeing mine and was told that they still had a lot of the small ones (He despatched his Father-in-law to snaffle a pair).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Oscar

the trade name is Livorno/Livarno (not quite sure which from my failing memory) .  But I think this is a Lidl trade mark by another name.  I have never seen it used outside of Lidl. 

If you are looking for display cabinets there are a number of companies that produce them, but getting one to Sweden (assuming there is no one in Sweden that produces one) would be quite expensive I think.

Do Lidl in Sweden (lidl.se) not stock these from time to time?  This is an item that is not in stock all of the time and can only be found once or maybe twice per year.  So you need to check their website every week.

I've bought 2 of the large ones here in France & other than the weight & difficulty of shifting their boxes single handed (well for this pensioner) I'm really pleased with them. They go together well, if you follow the excellent instructions, & are easy to put together.They do need to be bolted to a wall for their & their valuable contents sake. I've not had an obvious dust problem & finally very good value

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

From memory they are made by a company in Germany, but I don't know their actual name or whether they make these or anything similar for anyone else.

Livarno is the name on the (large) packaging.

I have 4 of the big ones spare as I was going to put them in the model room, unfortunately I didnt measure the room before getting them (the room was still low down on the to do list at the time) and their size (1.1m) would mean the layout would only be 0.9m (3ft) off the floor as the room is only 2m (6ft6) high.

I will probably use 2 of them in the dining room (the 2 small ones intended for the room have appeared in the model room), and as others have said they make up into quite stylish and strong units, I might try and light them with some strips of LEDs as well.

Edited by royaloak
  • Like 1

I've managed to buy a small cabinet at our local lidl for £24.99 instead of the correct price at £29.99 but upon arrival at home I've noticed that there appears to be a glass shelf missing.

I have some spare glass shelves from last year, as I got a cabinet for my partner to put their Disney Infinity figures in, and it only needed three of the shelves. You are welcome to one, but they would have to be picked up in person and I suspect I am too far away for that to be practical. However, it might be worth asking if anyone closer has unused shelves going begging.

I notice a comment about lighting them Without knowing the size ,  on Monday 2nd January 2017, Lidl are doing LED Under-Cabinet lights, 84 durable energy-saving LRDs with rotatable shade - expandable with second connection including plug-in connector Size (CM)W 54 x D 6 x H 3   3 year warranty and £9.99 each another Livarno.

Also on Thursday 29 December 2016 they are doing an LED Desk Lamp for anyone who needs one £7.99 each - I bought one the last time they did them and they work very well - They collapse down to an absolutely flat unit - Mine lives in my modelling tool box and puts light just where it is needed The head is tilt adjustable and the twin arms extend to approx. (CM) 22-34  Removable mains adaptor plug. Mine, when collapsed, is (CM) 19.5 W x 11 D x 3H . Hope it helps

I've managed to buy a small cabinet at our local lidl for £24.99 instead of the correct price at £29.99 but upon arrival at home I've noticed that there appears to be a glass shelf missing.

Are you not tempted to take it back ?

Or I'm told any glass place will cut you a bit.

Failing that, if you ever get near Swindon I have one spare !