SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

With thanks to Mike Stationmaster for a heads up, I today took out a bank loan and bought the April Volume of BRILL. Good magazine that happens to have a few pages with pics of Spams at Seaton Junction mainly in the 50s. Not hugely informing of things I did not know, but with a few details that I have not noticed in the past. 

I am also going to go for Gold next week as I have decided that the value of the help and friendship I receive from this 'club' is well worth the coins, round and flat and I do like badges. 

Ar$£

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Yo Mr. Phillius I see a meat tin Sunday it had Blackmore Vale on the cartouche, it looked a mess so didn't bother with a photo. :resent:

Edited by 81C
keyboard fecked
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

I've left the country.  It's possible I may not be able to get back in...

20190409_185417_Richtone(HDR).jpg.4c519a6214f6545e22e7beb13771b312.jpg

All I need to do is ride my motorcycle towards those mountains, leaping any fences in the way

You be in Whitby, I can see the Ferry for Bempton Cliffs, so stop fibbin'.

Ar$£

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

27 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

You be in Whitby, I can see the Ferry for Bempton Cliffs, so stop fibbin'.

Ar$£

I thought it was Dartmouth, look you can see Totnes in the distance !

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

No, he's in Cornwall. He did say he'd left the country. Can't you see those clay mounds in the background?

Where's Korwull ?

Do they have Morris Dancers there ?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I hate ####### point motors. How is that I have fitted a crossover using two Cobalts in exactly the same way that I did on another crossover a few weeks back and one point has a dead frog (stupid bliddy froggy) that I just can't sort? Despite rewiring the point, triple checking the wiring, triple checking the set up compared to the next door crossover that works fine, changing the wiring, triple checking all the ####ing wiring, double checking information sheets and pulling my remaining hair out, the effing thing still refuses to work.  Looks like I shall have to get another point and try that. I suppose it might be the motor but that is brand new and works fine from the DPDT switch, but the on board point switch is not working the frog for some reason or another (Cobalt Analog). I have tried both the point fitted switches as well. The other point works as does the existing other point.

I stuffed that job after a couple of hours and cut up some polystyrene instead. very messy but very satisfying. Bliddy frustrating.

Ar$£

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I hate ####### point motors. How is that I have fitted a crossover using two Cobalts in exactly the same way that I did on another crossover a few weeks back and one point has a dead frog (stupid bliddy froggy) that I just can't sort? Despite rewiring the point, triple checking the wiring, triple checking the set up compared to the next door crossover that works fine, changing the wiring, triple checking all the ####ing wiring, double checking information sheets and pulling my remaining hair out, the effing thing still refuses to work.  Looks like I shall have to get another point and try that. I suppose it might be the motor but that is brand new and works fine from the DPDT switch, but the on board point switch is not working the frog for some reason or another (Cobalt Analog). I have tried both the point fitted switches as well. The other point works as does the existing other point.

I stuffed that job after a couple of hours and cut up some polystyrene instead. very messy but very satisfying. Bliddy frustrating.

Ar$£

Hi Phil

Would you like me to pop over and give you a hand?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks matey. I'll give it a couple of days and see if I can sort it and allow for delivery of a possible new point from Track Shack. If it still goes #### up then maybe sometime next week? You can look at my two wires and be amazed...……………...:clapping::pleasantry:

Phil

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Mallard60022 said:

Thanks matey. I'll give it a couple of days and see if I can sort it and allow for delivery of a possible new point from Track Shack. If it still goes #### up then maybe sometime next week? You can look at my two wires and be amazed...……………...:clapping::pleasantry:

Phil

I have the engine warming up already. 

Now to plan my way around Gainsborough........

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Point froggy dealt with by Red Leader. Thanks a bundle matey.

Progress with the Incline Cutting and the Spammers hacksaw method was employed and lo, it works a treat.

Pics later as I'm knackered (done almost nothing but that's me...…).

P

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mallard60022 said:

Point froggy dealt with by Red Leader. Thanks a bundle matey.

Progress with the Incline Cutting and the Spammers hacksaw method was employed and lo, it works a treat.

Pics later as I'm knackered (done almost nothing but that's me...…).

P

See, it doesn't have to be silly messy does it? Hacksaw blades are great for the job, especially one with lots of teeth per inch. It also helps if you vacuum up as you go. 

My other top tip is not to chop up polystyrene outside on a windy day, with a very coarse saw. That did create a snow storm. ...

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2