Temeraire

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Morning all

You may have seen on the Wimborne show thread that Tidworth has been withdrawn from the show but I thought I'd better post something here and finally remembered this morning! Unfortunately I have been unable to raise an operating team for the weekend so the layout cannot appear I'm afraid, but hopefully I can twist some arms for the Chatham show in June.

Edited by Temeraire

Morning all

You may have seen on the Wimborne show thread that Tidworth has been withdrawn from the show but I thought I'd better post something here and finally remembered this morning!Unfortunately I have been unable to raise an operating team for the weekend so the layout cannot appear I'm afraid, but hopefully I can twist some arms for the Chatham show in June.

Ian, myself and Mr Wiles will be at the Chatham show for the Saturday so we'll come across and say hello.

Ian just a quick question re the Warflats.    Do they not have a end plate that will drop  down over the buffers  to  allow tracked vehicles to pass over  ?

If not the vehicles would have to enter and exit  over the side   we used to  have both options  in Germany was not too bad loading CVR(T)'s  but chieftains  we  a bit hary

regards Nigel

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

You may have seen on the Wimborne show thread that Tidworth has been withdrawn from the show but I thought I'd better post something here and finally remembered this morning!Unfortunately I have been unable to raise an operating team for the weekend so the layout cannot appear I'm afraid, but hopefully I can twist some arms for the Chatham show in June.

The law of sod, I struggled too as Graham invited two other layouts that my crew are involved in and others dropping out meant they've had to go back to their layout leaving me with a skeleton crew. You can always come and have a go with the German stuff for a few hours :)

As to Nigels question on the warflat they have a heavy cast buffer shank and flat tops to the buffers so the big vehicles just drive over them.

The smaller stuff is evidently often lifted on or they use the ditching plates carried on some vehicles.

Edited by PaulRhB

• RMweb Premium

As to Nigels question on the warflat they have a heavy cast buffer shank and flat tops to the buffers so the big vehicles just drive over them.

The smaller stuff is evidently often lifted on or they use the ditching plates carried on some vehicles.

Glad you knew that I didn't!

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

Today Tidworth was awoken from it's hibernation to check all is well ready for this weekend in Chatham, and set up and run for the first time since Southampton at the end of January. 

50149_170530.jpg.f3262f2c19d2226031587f89c911b8d2.jpg

An unusual visitor waits for loading at the head of the silver bullets.

If you are visiting Chatham this weekend please make sure you come and say hello to myself and Mike (scoobyra) and new recruit Graham (shanks522).

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 16

Great to see this layout at Chatham!

This is one of the layouts that looks as good as it does in real life, as on website photos!

Top marks!

Good luck for when you rebuild the fiddle yard traverser.

Might have to scratch make some fertilizer bags for loads!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

After a very enjoyable weekend Tidworth was loaded up and away by 4.45 and back home at 6.45 so no major problem with the M25! A big thank you to Mike and rookie Graham for their help and company this weekend and also to Grahams brother Stuart who joined us on Sunday. it was good to meet you both and I hope you enjoyed playing with my trains too, and I look forward to the edited highlights at some point.

Also thanks to the Chatham team for their hospitality for the weekend.

• Like 4

Thanks again for letting me help out on your fantastic layout Ian. It was good to meet you and Mike.

I was really impressed with the route system on the layout you have done a cracking job.

Great 50 fleet aswell :) 1 of my favorites

post-3608-0-75284400-1496693441_thumb.jpg

Stuart

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Nice to see Tidworth has been out and about again Ian. Hopefully I can see it in the flesh sometime in the future when you venture over my way.

Cheers Alex

Come and play at Shenfield on September 16th.