Metropolitan Bo-Bo EP sample

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Premium

When they were withdrawn some went to BR IIRC for testing purposes (load bank?), they remained in their LT livery and most were scrapped without being used but I wonder what they would look like in BR black or green (with or without yellow panels).

When they were withdrawn some went to BR IIRC for testing purposes (load bank?), they remained in their LT livery and most were scrapped without being used but I wonder what they would look like in BR black or green (with or without yellow panels).

Wasn't one of them fitted with a small diesel engine, to become a forerunner of the class 73?.....

Stewart

With acknowledgement to the person who sent me this picture a while ago - here is the recreated Metropolitan livery on Sarah Siddons. Differences from the LT post-war livery are:-

- lighter shade of red, Metropolitan red was originally thought to be Midland red but became darker over the years until reaching the LT version as on No 5 in the LT Museum.

- full lining, at one time there was black between the yellow lines

- more elaborate three part nameplate

- Metropolitan crests

- different number font

attachicon.gifIMG_0897.JPG

Just so that you have got some comparison here is SS in post war LT livery.  Note the much simplified lining, smaller nameplate, LT font.  London Transport is in gold whereas the panniers were in yellow to match the lining!  From pictures it seems that the roof was sometimes grey and sometimes a sort of brick red.

post-7723-0-88726700-1411998394.jpg

Edited by Jeff Smith
  • Like 2

Can't find any pics of black or green ones. I think they went straight into BR blue.

http://www.fictitiousliveries.co.uk/photo.php?U_12_brb.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Saw the pre-production sample at Warley yesterday. It looks about right, much better than their EM2/Class 77 which was a disappointment, so I have ordered one in Wartime Grey livery from a well known trader in Cheltenham. That way it won't be competing with my modified Radley kits ones in LT 1960-62 livery.

Edited by GoingUnderground
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks top notch. Just need to find some suitable stock to run behind it suitable for late '50s early '60s. Any suggestions? 

Er....Bachmann's Metropolitan Goods set?  To produce a vintage set of Met.passenger stock to match ( they ran until the early 60's ) is likely too big an ask.

• RMweb Gold

Er....Bachmann's Metropolitan Goods set?  To produce a vintage set of Met.passenger stock to match ( they ran until the early 60's ) is likely too big an ask.

Are there no passenger stock kits available even?

A rake of Radley coaches like this perhaps?

Nice! Are they a kit? 

• RMweb Gold

This page contains several Met models by an RMwebber - but Shapeways' recent pricing restructuring has made them uneconomical to sell, so he's withdrawn them. Perhaps if enough people expressed an interest, he might find an alternative method of production?

http://www.shapeways.com/designer/mattwicksbluebell

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Am I correct in thinking that the lined London Transport livery previously carried by SS is what the 'preserved' model #9004 will be, and that #9003 would be the simpler unlined LT service livery?  And the Metropolitan liveries on #9000 and #9001 are similar to what SS is currently carrying?  What livery did SS carry when first preserved and enabled for 3rd rail operation, and when was this?

TIA

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...