Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

The left most line went to Fairlie Pier station

Thanks

I did a seach and found a 25" map with it on and the layout is quite clearly as in Dave's photo.

The local vicar had a good view of the trains as the Manse was right opposite the junction. :jester:

Station closed 1972.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway photos, and I think the Fairburn in Caledonian blue looks quite good. The Scottish photos are delightful, and I also like the first one with a great selection of signals to be seen. In C6425 there is a lovely portrait shot of 37026. Complete with the Scottie Dog.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. What a fascinating set of photos from Newhaven and Brighton. The ships make a great sight at Newhaven, whilst the two photos of the Banjo Groyne Volks Electric Railway bring back happy memories of riding on it.

The Jig Saw Train is most unusual, and that’s one which I have not ridden on.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

J1676.....let's hope none of the TOC livery designers reads this thread and thinks 'hey, that Jigsaw Train looks really good' !

Not quite a TOC, but there is this:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5074/14242281726_df6b9c80d9_b.jpg

Sorry to pollute your thread with such nonsense David.

• RMweb Gold

My eyes, my beautiful eyes...

Nice to see the ships in the buff funnel livery, though to my personal opinion the corporate identity for ships was one of the few improvements on previous livery.  Don't get me started about the abominable FYPs, though they saved many lives.

• RMweb Premium

Not quite a TOC, but there is this:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5074/14242281726_df6b9c80d9_b.jpg

Sorry to pollute your thread with such nonsense David.

How very odd, it has oval buffers on the front, unusual but not unknown on a 350, and rectangular continental style on the back. The things they do to wonderful 08s these days. 

How very odd, it has oval buffers on the front, unusual but not unknown on a 350, and rectangular continental style on the back. The things they do to wonderful 08s these days.

IIRC it was the erstwhile Ashford depot shunter and it had that buffer combination when it arrived at litchurch lane, about 8yrs ago. Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

J1676.....let's hope none of the TOC livery designers reads this thread and thinks 'hey, that Jigsaw Train looks really good' !

They already have!

Two units in Thameslink 2000 for the closure of Moorgate Widened Lines section.

• RMweb Gold

J096 is a motorship?

TSS Brighton was a steamship,with twin screws, oil fired.  She was launched in 1949 and entered service in 1950.

She was capable of 24.5knots, but in service normally ran at 16knots, having two turbines with a total power of 19,000shp..

A link to some details and photos:  http://www.doverferryphotosforums.co.uk/ts-brighton-vi-past-and-present/

David

Edited by DaveF

• RMweb Premium

I reckon that is 47172 in C3186.

And who has fitted 100W bulbs in 47162 in J5787? They are far to bright for an August day.....

Refurbished white/blue was smart on DMUs when clean.

More wonderful images to spoil us,

regards,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo's of Radcliffe on Trent. In J5911, the marker lights on the cab front of the class 114 DTCL look as if they are all lit up, where as it is only the two below the cab windows. The top one has a bit of snow on it which, in the photo', makes it look as if it is lit up.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65

There is only one loco this can be and you need to get the number dead right to win this latest "Spot-the-Deltic" competition!

Yes the size of the nameplate is a giveaway. It must be MELD.  :mosking:

Seriously though, the 47 in J2034 is a generator. The numbers and spacing suggest it is 1508, but it could be 1518, although I favour 1508 personally.

Paul J.