Bachmann announce Class 90 (OO)

Andy Y

14 minutes ago, WrattingRoad said:

Bachmann 90s are my favourite model. Very hard to beat in my opinion and certainly have raised the bar. He’s some of mine running on Wratting Road

EA522BA6-00B7-4EB8-BE89-B44FB1F93754.jpeg

1AB98291-8B15-422B-91B4-FC3E2E03857E.jpeg

032110AB-E841-4AE0-B14A-F9BC9723DD11.jpeg

11A3E4A9-2533-4F81-A31B-A083705C4653.jpeg

FBC2B61B-BC1D-40B4-8FBB-2CD1111233D3.jpeg

I would normally cut the pictures from my reply, but I'm deliberately not on this occasion, as I want to emphasise how good your layout looks - can we please see more of Wratting Road!  Only 2 posts - layout thread would be grand!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

I would normally cut the pictures from my reply, but I'm deliberately not on this occasion, as I want to emphasise how good your layout looks - can we please see more of Wratting Road!  Only 2 posts - layout thread would be grand!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words. 

I’ve just started a thread in ‘layout topics.’ 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/09/2020 at 20:37, Squirrel Rail said:

TDM Cables - Apologies if this has been covered in the thread already but today relocated the TDM cables to the buffer beam sides instead of from under the horn grill. I have posted more details on my Squirrel Rail workbench thread if you're interested but here's a quick pic of the revised front end, Cheers Jerry

Here's the finished loco stabled and waiting for it's next turn...

IMG_1381b.jpg.73466b858f1a64ed931335c0539b7528.jpg 

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

Agree 100%. Stunning pics. Off to look at the layout thread now!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Superb all round, but could the Class 90s push during the period they were converted to 90/1s? I only remember seeing them hauling until they were converted back to 90/0s

I’m not sure on that one, sorry. 

90/1s were dedicated freight locos iirc  so quite possibly you are correct. 

my 90128 is currently away being renumbered to 028 and being weathered and detailed up into its ‘privitisation’ condition. Those Virgin mk3s aren’t in that livery anymore either! It’s a pretty old photo but the only good one of 128 I had

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I’d be careful, unless you have an official source.

Several sites suggesting this is being distributed via whatsapp, so until official, its not official...

Not quite sure what you mean exactly about being 'Careful' but ok.

Sincerely hope for all potentially involved it turns out not to be the case mind but I guess we'll see...

40 minutes ago, chris37422 said:

Sincerely hope for all potentially involved it turns out not to be the case mind but I guess we'll see...

Is this about Bachmann 90s? I can’t find what it refers to! Sorry if I’m being thick but can’t find the thread!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squirrel Rail said:

Is this about Bachmann 90s? I can’t find what it refers to! Sorry if I’m being thick but can’t find the thread!

It was about Class 90's in general but appears to have been deleted for some reason. Don't worry about it for now :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, chris37422 said:

Sadly seems to be true, staff have been informed. 

Roy

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I think some of the above posts refer to cancellation of the Class 90 hauled Blackpool-London services. It has been officially announced on the Grand Central website.

There is a thread in the prototype discussions section.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

On 07/09/2020 at 17:48, WrattingRoad said:

I’m not sure on that one, sorry. 

90/1s were dedicated freight locos iirc  so quite possibly you are correct. 

my 90128 is currently away being renumbered to 028 and being weathered and detailed up into its ‘privitisation’ condition. Those Virgin mk3s aren’t in that livery anymore either! It’s a pretty old photo but the only good one of 128 I had

Whilst your 90128 is being renumbered, my 90042 is in the paintshop, soon to be the latest member of the DB 90 fleet at Johnson Street IEMD.

On 04/09/2020 at 20:37, Squirrel Rail said:

TDM Cables - Apologies if this has been covered in the thread already but today relocated the TDM cables to the buffer beam sides instead of from under the horn grill. I have posted more details on my Squirrel Rail workbench thread if you're interested but here's a quick pic of the revised front end, Cheers JerryIMG_1361.jpg.0b88a1b5c388740fdbad06c15cedaffb.jpg

That’s great 90048 is the last Freightliner grey 90 now, On the subject of the 90037 model I was put off buying 90037 because it only ran with the original buffer beam configuration from May 1990 before it was renumbered to 90137 in July 1991 and was modified accordingly, and once it was renumbered back to 90037 in June 1999 it ran for a while in the RFD colours before its repaint into EWS livery. It is now in DB cargo red with glider graphics on  ready for naming at knottingley today

088EA84F-474E-48AA-83D6-3F88013237EB.png

Edited by PM47079
Pictures
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 07/09/2020 at 17:18, brushman47544 said:

Superb all round, but could the Class 90s push during the period they were converted to 90/1s? I only remember seeing them hauling until they were converted back to 90/0s

There was nothing to stop them being used except the train supply was isolated  ( usually Removal of buffer beam  Ets cable!)  and a horizontal damper on the bogies was removed which restricted them to 75mph. Once the equipment was refitted they reverted back to design speed. 

48 minutes ago, PM47079 said:

That’s great 90048 is the last Freightliner grey 90 now, On the subject of the 90037 model I was put off buying 90037 because it only ran with the original buffer beam configuration from May 1990 before it was renumbered to 90137 in July 1991 and was modified accordingly, and once it was renumbered back to 90037 in June 1999 it ran for a while in the RFD colours before its repaint into EWS livery. It is now in DB cargo red with glider graphics on  ready for naming at knottingley today

088EA84F-474E-48AA-83D6-3F88013237EB.png

I like that - how long until the decals come out I wonder. It’s funny with the 90s as there ( as with any class) lots of foibles as you mention. I have a few here at Squirrel Rail and will spend as long researching them as painting them! Cheers Jerry

• Friendly/supportive 1