OO gauge class 59 Diesel locomotive

DJM Dave

Hi Jeffrey,

As soon as I have something tangible and viewable I'll post here.

However, please don't expect a certain model at a certain time.

I'm playing this one slightly more cannily and making sure I have the 2 years to clear these ( possibly with the class 71 the exception as crowd sourcing the finance for it should push it through a lot quicker).

Hope this helps, but if not, please keep checking the 'timeline' page of my web site to look for individual model progress.

Www.djmodels.co.uk

Cheers

Dave

Dave

A quality 59 is long overdue and the possibity of O&K's a major bonus.

I'm looking forward to seeing its progress on here, on your website and uttmately heading a pukka mendip stone train through Loftus Road.

Any layout named after my football teams ground is alright by me ;-)

Cheers mate

Dave

Really pleased to hear about the 59s.  They've appeared on my wishlist votes for several years.  Definitely a Yeoman 59/0 for me and I'll no doubt go for an ARC 59/1 even though I try to restrict myself to one of each class!

• RMweb Gold

You leave me with a difficult decision now.  A decent 59 (and better yet a decent yeoman hopper and box to go behind it) is something that really appeals.  even if it is about 45 years too late for the layout. 

Will be having a long hard think about replacing my almost finished Lima / Bachmann hybrids...

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate,

OO ones are, of course.

fully independant cab lights for those that want them.

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Is it not possible to move things on and have separately DCC switched tail lights rather than via an under-chassis switch as per Bachmann? I believe this is possible with a some 21 pin decoders (such as an ESU Loksound) as they have two low-level unprotected outputs, making six in total. Admittedly they need "off-decoder" amplification to drive anything useful though.

I'm wondering why you haven't gone down the PluX route for decoders to allow for more functions to be available? Ideally, I'd like head/tail/cab at each end, making 6 in total.

Cheers,

Mick

Have to say that this is the most impressive annoucement lately. It sneeks into Bachmann territory, yet has immediate widespread appeal for the modern modeller and is not as limited as the wires of the class 90 that Barwell have gone for. Its also an engine thats a workhorse, one that isnt a novelty to be seen on the network so in my view steals thunder from the Rapido APTE annoucement.

Hope it does well.... Id have been tempted for an EWS example... so sales after this batch are garunteed!

This is from today's Kernow newsletter:

"We are pleased to announce that DJ Models have granted us exclusive rights to weathered modern-image models in OO Gauge. We look forward to working with DJ Models and Mercig Models to continue producing high-quality, realistic, factory-weathered models and will announce details of specific variants of the Class 71 and Class 59 in due course."

Dave Dave mate how disappointing, not happy. I wont be buying one of these models. Not one, just two, three, four, five maybe ha, ha, ha Congratulations, fine choice hope you have much success with this venture.

The Disappointment, not happy? That's my missus's dreaming of what it could have been like in Rome.

Good Luck. 7100.

Archived