• RMweb Premium

Two undated slides, but the first must be post 1962 and whenever D841 was repainted.

D841 Roebuck at Plymouth North Road,

attachicon.gif40851375-671F-4E9D-A685-F7316780D4CB.jpeg

Next 1200 Falcon at Paddington, again undated.

I know 1200 is not a diesel Hydraulic but her twin Maybachs give her honorary status.

attachicon.gif319756BC-59E7-4BD8-9D40-DD0A4D22FBD2.jpeg

The first slide is now my copyright, the second is “presumed copyright”by the seller. If it’s a copy slide I’ll take it down, but I’ve not seen it before. A few blemishes on it, that I hope photoshop will sort.

Neil

I'm curious on what the conversation would have been in the first picture (considering the well dressed man behind).

• RMweb Gold

I'm curious on what the conversation would have been in the first picture (considering the well dressed man behind).

And at the other end of the loco too. A special occasion perhaps - Train reporting code 1Z40....

Hmm - wonder if the empty stock started from Plymouth on the way back?

http://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/60s/651002ia.html

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Next 1200 Falcon at Paddington, again undated.

I know 1200 is not a diesel Hydraulic but her twin Maybachs give her honorary status.

attachicon.gif319756BC-59E7-4BD8-9D40-DD0A4D22FBD2.jpeg

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wounds Neil, I believe I've posted on here about 1A08 and Falcon previously!

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Shot of D1066 passing through the Middle road at Cardiff L/E to Canton for a wash and brush up.

My photo

Thanks Gareth

Just as interesting here is what appears to be a 116+120 DMU formation.

Hymek D7050 on the Cardiff Valleys 1968 with the Canton Breakdown train.

D6971 derailed at Ystrad Myach North .

Many thanks to Bob Masterman copyright.

Cheers Gareth

Hi, Could I repost this picture in a DH loco group Im in on FB please, duly credited, Thanks.

Hymek D7050 on the Cardiff Valleys 1968 with the Canton Breakdown train.

D6971 derailed at Ystrad Myach North .

Many thanks to Bob Masterman copyright.

Cheers Gareth

Gen from the FB group post... the 37 derailed 27th November 1967 bring a train off the Penallta branch...

• 2 weeks later...

A Western on the Cardiff Valleys D1023 running light engine at Taffs Well Feb 77 Old Oak to Pontypridd to replace 37179 which took over from D1010 at Cardiff with a coolant leak.

I wonder if a TOC would do something like this on today’s railways,I somehow don’t think so.

Great days.

My photo

Cheers Gareth

Edited by TEDDYBEAR D9521
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

A Western on the Cardiff Valleys D1023 running light engine at Taffs Well Feb 77 Old Oak to Pontypridd to replace 37179 which took over from D1010 at Cardiff with a coolant leak.

I wonder if a TOC would do something like this on today’s railways,I somehow don’t think so.

Great days.

My photo

Cheers Gareth

Nowadays there probably isn't a spare loco to do anything with.

Mike.

There were a number of b/w negatives of hydraulics up for auction on Ebay recently. 

Most went for prices well above what I was prepared to pay, but for some reason this was ignored and I ended up being the only bidder at £2.99. Maybe the fact that the loco was badly positioned in the photo put people off?

I don't know, but on inspection the image turns out to be more interesting. All I know is, it is D839 with blue/grey coaches. 

Initially I thought it was just powering along the main line somewhere, but it is actually on old bullhead track with wooden sleepers, maybe a loop or a siding. Why would it be there? It is not ECS because there seems to be a head poking out of one of the windows. 

Does anyone have any guesses as to date/location?

post-4474-0-21666900-1518019791_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

It must be post-July 1970, because that is when D839 was painted blue according to the book I have. 

And before October 1971 when the loco was withdrawn.

Also former broad gauge territory judging by the gap between the main lines? Though that does not narrow it down much,

cheers