Tonbridge West Yard

Lyddrail

Here is 4 from me then. I do have more from this exhibition but unfortunately the camara i was using at the time was new and wasnt very good at focusing in low light. so most of the pics have focused on the background.

post-7442-0-86909800-1424361775_thumb.jpg

post-7442-0-53396400-1424361796_thumb.jpg

post-7442-0-07162600-1424361817_thumb.jpg

post-7442-0-20697500-1424361840_thumb.jpg 

• Like 7

Final grounded van now completed, had to get some acriylic varnish to go over the transfers before weathering. Used my usual method of water colours for weathering. Pleased with how it came out.

Side1.

post-1373-0-47329900-1424796630_thumb.jpg

Side 2.

post-1373-0-68031500-1424796650_thumb.jpg

I might have to reduce the bushes etc on the layout to make this one more visable once resited.

Cheers.

• Like 10

Looks good that Paul, what colours of Acrylics are you using ?

thanks Steve

Steve,

I didn't make myself clear. I used acrylic matt varnish because the "COND" transfer was from Railtec. Weathering was standard water colours in tubes, these were Ivory black and Vandyke brown. The body was in Humbrol Enamels one brown for the ends and metal strapping, another for the sides with red brown patches another brown.

It was close to the prototype pics I have for my period.

Cheers.

I was going to comment on the second picture of the various grounded bodies:

M-080 TWY 18-3-90.jpg

Are these flower beds made using the tops of 'iron ore tipplers'?

Ernie,

Yes you are correct about the iron ore tippers, I think I used old MTK plastic kits for this. These are an unusal use of grounded bodies.

Clive,

I had not modelled the patio of troughing lids, I might be able to do part of this as I remodel this area.

Cheers.

• Like 4

Paul,

Have you modelled this pulley? I thought you had. In case you missed it, it's the pulley, that worked with the winch to move wagons in the cripple road.

attachicon.gifTWY Pulley.jpg

Ernie,

I was not aware of this, but suspect it had been removed. I will look back at my photos which start from 1989.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a few weeks sorting other jobs, but am now back modelling.

I took the warped board down to see if I could repair it. But there is no easy fix, so I lifted a section of the mainlines that had caused a problem by peaking at the baseboard join and slowing certain trains. The board had not got worse since it happened for the last few years of shows (layout over 25 years old now!).

Repaired damaged baseboard join rails soldered to screws where they had cracked (26). Refitted this afternoon. Awaiting test running in a few days time.

View of lifted section.

post-1373-0-15863600-1427488349_thumb.jpg

Another view.

post-1373-0-03204100-1427488371_thumb.jpg

Conrail sections have been repaired where Peco pots had been damaged. Various scenic repairs done and some additionial items made and painted ready for fitting. The sand store grounded wagon body refitted, jack store ready to fit.

Will be removing backscene boards next week to sand down and repaint.

Cheers.

Edited by Lyddrail
  • Like 8

Paul,

How is the re-laying going?  You've the right models to create a scene of a 1980s possession.....

Ernie

Ernie,

I blocked a shot on goal by my foot playing hockey on Saturday, went to Ally Pally yesterday, and have gone lame today! Working on scenic details in the modelling room to rest my foot.

Strangly I have some working possession markerboards situated on the mainline towards the footbridge in the right position for the current lifted track. When I get power back on the layout I will take some pics.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Used to walk along that footbridge everyday on the way to school and I can say that you've captured the essence of tonbridge west yard very well!!!

Well Done!!!

Thanks for your comment, nice to hear what people who know the area think. 

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Ernie,

I blocked a shot on goal by my foot playing hockey on Saturday, went to Ally Pally yesterday, and have gone lame today! Working on scenic details in the modelling room to rest my foot.

Last time you went to Ally Pally, we had to provide a seat.....

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Mick,

I am gratefull for your concerns! Don't forget to visit me at Showcase and see how I look after my operators.

Cheers.

I will attend and observe...............

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Mick,

I am gratefull for your concerns! Don't forget to visit me at Showcase and see how I look after my operators.

Cheers.

I will attend and observe...............

Cheers,

Mick

Yellow card , yellow card , red card.............