Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

I think in many cases there would not be the middle loop road as the branch traffic would be light enough that blocking the run round would not be an issue where it is busier the middle loop road would be kept. At the end of the platform the three would come together . You could have the platform road join the main and the other two join together before joining the main but that would mean a run round of a passenger interrupting the main. I think I would join the middle road to the platform road then have a double slip to join the goods road and the others to the main with a short headshunt where the sand drag is trouble is I am not sure it would be possible with Peco turnouts. Perhaps having the middle and the platform joint together and join the main via a double slip then have the goods road join on the short headshunt. You can only really tell by laying it out.

Don 

Thanks Don, I will look in again later and try to decipher all that information. The old Sand Drag was always going to also be a Head Shunt to allow running around Passenger and NOW Goods Stock.

• Like 2

hi andy, 

Good to see you back on line and have to say the layout is looking really top notch this is going to be one hell of a layout to operate and should keep you out of the garden ....... you've made some excellent progress.  :sungum:

Runs very nicely Andy. I would draw somethings up for you but you will have worked it out with bits of track before I have the time.

Don

Thanks Don, I'm out tomorrow but will have a good play with it on Thursday, but I also have a mate around tomorrow night and we will have a play around with some bits of track then.

• RMweb Premium

Andy

Nice "video". I did think that first freight should have been twice the length though :jester:

You're probably right about the pointwork in the yard. It does look a little strange but I suspect there's a prototype for something similar somewhere if you wanted to leave it in as a feature.

Hi Andy,

Late to the party (sorry!) but have been through the threads and thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I think you've found your little piece of West Country heaven there with lots of potential to enjoy operating sessions to your hearts content. Well done so far, it's going on my one to follow straight away ! :)

• Like 1

Well what a cracking evening, two mates, John Bottomley, (Torridge and Chalford, but NOT on here) and Jeff, (Binney) came over and we had a none stop running evening including some long freights and Local Passenger workings in the hands of a 45XX. Freight was hauled by a variety of Motive Power including Westerns, Warships, Southern N Class, a Standard 5 and Main Line Passenger duties were looked after by Class 47, 50, Warships and Westerns.

No pics I'm afraid Lads.

• Like 13

Just about to start wiring the rest of the layout so I thought it might be a good idea to do a wiring diagram to follow. The Control Panel will have By Coloured LED's for Route settings.

post-9335-0-29390400-1438267235_thumb.png

• Like 4

Just about to start wiring the rest of the layout so I thought it might be a good idea to do a wiring diagram to follow. The Control Panel will have By Coloured LED's for Route settings.

attachicon.gifPOINT AND CONTROL PANEL WIRING.png

Hi Andy

Been a silent follower of Pencarne Junction for some time - loving the sweeping curves!

I used the same principal for route indication on the Laoson Valley control panel (i.e. using the "frog feed" to power the LED's). Only difference being I used single colour LED's and push-to-make switches rather than stud & prob. A couple of pics of the finish panel here if they are of any use to you.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Hi Andy

Been a silent follower of Pencarne Junction for some time - loving the sweeping curves!

I used the same principal for route indication on the Laoson Valley control panel (i.e. using the "frog feed" to power the LED's). Only difference being I used single colour LED's and push-to-make switches rather than stud & prob. A couple of pics of the finish panel here if they are of any use to you.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Hi Sam, Good to have you aboard, and thanks for the Link, trouble is, its reminded me of just HOW MANY wires I need to solder up before I see any lights.

Cheers.

• RMweb Gold

Just been watching your videos mate, it's so good to see you happily playing trains again, It's something I've missed seeing, and I bet it's something you've missed doing.

I'm sure with all the good advice, you'll soon have the yard how you want it.

Brilliant mate, just brilliant.

Looking forward to when you start the scenery...

Al.

Andy

That looks an interesting concept. Have you used it before?

Hi Ray, No I haven't, I visited Peter Midwinter, / Trains 12, (Bridge of Muir, Great Tunsley Dale, Dartmouth for Kingswear, Water Mill Halt Etc,) and he was experimenting with the idea and it looked really good.

Just been watching your videos mate, it's so good to see you happily playing trains again, It's something I've missed seeing, and I bet it's something you've missed doing.

I'm sure with all the good advice, you'll soon have the yard how you want it.

Brilliant mate, just brilliant.

Looking forward to when you start the scenery...

Al.

Hi Al, Thanks, I made a start on the next batch of Point Motors this afternoon and I hope to have most done by the end of next week, its all the feeds for Frogs and switches to the panel area that will take a time, but with things the way they are, at least if I want a break I can lay the boards down and run the Loops.

Fiddle Yard is FULL????? :stinker:

SO ARE THE SHELVES :no:  :no:

SO IS THE WORK BENCH :nono:  :nono: :nono:  

OH DEAR :O

• Like 8

Morning all, I've just had a very good question asked in a PM by Pride of Carlisle, who asked about the Platform, Its something I forgot to put in earlier in the thread so here is the information and my reply to his PM .

Hi Thanks for the question, I should have put it in the thread, but its a sheet of 18mm MDF, cut to shape, then a good coating of PVA to seal it. I then used Peco Platform edging with the locating nipples cut off so that its up against the MDF. I then used Peco walling to line it with.

I will go around with model filler for any gaps between the Peco edging and the MDF before a coat of Grey wood paint.

Thanks for looking at Pencarne, and I will post this in there as I feel it would be useful to others.

• Like 1