Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

All I can add is that there was once a program on TV ideally entitled to suit your skills....................'The MAGICIAN'............ looks superb as I knew it would, pity it took so long eh! Hehehehe :jester:  :jester:

I like that a lot its such a better looking end to the layout don't forget that there are other breeds of milk cows which were popular in distant parts of the realm and the end of the line looks terrific perhaps some more grass around the b/stop but doubtless you have that in hand .You are a skilful modeller and inspire lesser ones like me.

Hi Andy,

I much prefer your new style towards the buffer stops on the end of the layout. May I ask, what are you planning on placing ontop of the tiled area in the headshunt? Watering facilities perhaps in the shape of a conical tower or a water crane? A conical tower may look better as does not necessarily require a separate water tower if I am right in saying so, whereas the sole use of a water crane usually does. Correct me if I am wrong with that.

Great updates in such short time.

Chris :)

Thats a stunning improvement there in such a short time there Andy.

I sort of wish I could do it that quickly and effectively, but I don't think I could afford to keep up with the materials!

Please can I also ask that Mike lets us know on here when his Didcot performance is due, I'd like to be there if I can.

All the best

TONY

Thanks Guys, your all very complimentary, but it took a lot of thinking before I came up with a final plan for that area.

Hi Andy,

I much prefer your new style towards the buffer stops on the end of the layout. May I ask, what are you planning on placing ontop of the tiled area in the headshunt? Watering facilities perhaps in the shape of a conical tower or a water crane? A conical tower may look better as does not necessarily require a separate water tower if I am right in saying so, whereas the sole use of a water crane usually does. Correct me if I am wrong with that.

Great updates in such short time.

Chris :)

Morning Chris, Yes it will be a Water Coulomb on the Cobbles, just very basic facilities needed here as it's only 5 Miles to the Shed at Bodmin.

• RMweb Gold

Mr Bodgit, you've done it again, that looks great, a lovely rural setting, and you thoroughly deserve all the praise you get, both for the speed, and the skill with which you've changed things.

Brilliant mate,

Al.

Hi Andy, All,

Great work mate as always! I know you said it took a lot of thinking about but at least you did something with those thoughts, I rarely do!

Just an observation and certainly no criticism, have you ever noticed how dirty real farm animals are?

The back ends and legs of cows get covered in 'muck' and mud, as do the tips of their tails, sheep have all sorts of markings applied and various colours (from the ram's belly, so the farmer can see which ram has been with which sheep!) on their rear end, as well as the natural 'weathering'. And, as for pigs, well!!!

So! If your animals are clean, it's the middle of a long hot summer (no mud!) and you have a farmer who's really into animal welfare. That will be my excuse anyway, until I do get my animals weathered, ha, ha, ha!

Cheers,

John.

Thanks Guys, all your comments and observations are much appreciated.

Re the Cows, they will have a water trough, and they will be a dirty Brown Jersey Cow colour.

And John, as for markings on the Sheep, I don't remember the Dye markings back in the sixties, but I could be very wrong on that one.

I'm now working my Brain on the area between Warleggens and the Creamery. I have a Siding for the Goods Shed or Provender Store, depending on which I go for, and I will have a small Coal Yard near the Creamery, but the Large space between may be another Field, I may paint it Green tomorrow and stand back and see how it looks.

post-9335-0-70020800-1455730411_thumb.jpg

Another consideration I've just had by looking at the pic above, is to remove the Coal Siding from its present position and turn it around and coming off the Provender Store Siding. so that all the Goods Yard facilities are grouped together and move the Field down a bit. I'll draw a Paint Plan of that in a min.

• RMweb Gold

Good proposal Andy, I think you will get the rural look you are after.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Another consideration I've just had by looking at the pic above, is to remove the Coal Siding from its present position and turn it around and coming off the Provender Store Siding. so that all the Goods Yard facilities are grouped together and move the Field down a bit. I'll draw a Paint Plan of that in a min.

Would you get a longer siding then Andy?

Good proposal Andy, I think you will get the rural look you are after.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Would you get a longer siding then Andy?

Thanks Nick, I don't need it longer, I only need room for 3 Coal Wagons and about 4 or 5 Vans max.

That's looking good to my eyes, matey!

It also strikes me as being fairly logical to be laid out that way as with your old way, the engine would always have to run around the coal wagons.

Did the old railways lay yards out so they were easy to shunt or just according to how the land lay?

Cheers,

John.

I'll have a look at this in the Morning.

attachicon.gifStation and Yard (4) - Copy - Copy.JPG

Blimey Andrew P- I have been away for a little while and when I come back its a terminus! You do work fast, and put me to shame...

Interested as to why you have changed from roundy-roundy to a terminus, given where I am with my Hawkinsfield Junction.

What reasons Andrew?

regards, Andy R

Blimey Andrew P- I have been away for a little while and when I come back its a terminus! You do work fast, and put me to shame...

Interested as to why you have changed from roundy-roundy to a terminus, given where I am with my Hawkinsfield Junction.

What reasons Andrew?

regards, Andy R

Morning Andy, Thanks, Post #1339 on Page 54 explains it in full, and the reasons were many, some of which are as follows. Basically I had a constant problem with one corner, despite re laying it several time. Also once I laid Trewenn I found that I couldn't get to the Fiddle Yard without climbing on to the Milk crate, and with my bad hips and knee, I was bound to FALL OFF eventually, and also I got really board with a roundy roundy, and so inspired by the likes of John Flann, (Hintock, Nick Woods Much Murkle, and many others on a similar vein here on R M Web, I decided to reduce everything down to a more manageable size and I'll be using the Card System the same as John uses on Hintock.

The other side of the Shed where the Fiddle Yard and Trewenn was will now be a Somerset & Dorset Motive Power Depot based around BATH, (see North Road in links below).

Good luck with whatever you decide to do with Hawkinsfield Andy.

All the best.

Be careful Andy you are really very close to losing your title of 'All track Peters' to 'Less track Peters'. hahahaha  does look so much better mate...

Hi George

He will make up for it with his loco shed thingy. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Thanks George and Clive, one thing I won't do is let the Grass grow under my Feet. hahhaha. :no:  :no: :no:  

Archived