Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Andy, I haven't been closely following this recently but as I understand it Pencarne is a crossing point for trains (the branches all being single line) and if passenger and goods trains are timetabled to cross the passenger train would arrive/depart from the platform road while the goods used the loop.

Should the passenger service enable passengers to transfer from one to the other one train would use the platform road the other, the bay.

If no trains are to cross either the platform or loop would be used by the non-passenger train(s).

Isn't this the essence of operations at Pencarne?

Thanks one and all, and especially to Mike for once again giving me more operation, Stop at the Home Signal and WAIT, then set the Points, Gate and Signal to Proceed.

SORTED AGAIN, ...................... .Well for now at least..

Re the Brake Van, some Milk Tanks will go out on a Passenger Workings, likewise, some Syphon H and G's will work into the Dairy for Crated and Churned Product.

The Helston Product is only classed as Branch Worked.

Thanks to Mike and Marcus for correcting my crossing gate assumptions. As my cousin once told me ' never assume as it make an "ass" out of "u" and "me" ' Enough said, I'm off to stand in the corner with my pointed cap. :scared:

• RMweb Premium

The second last photo is interesting - not a train or piece of track anywhere in sight.  What are trying to tell us?

Love the car going up the hill and about to disappear down the other side.  I wonder if the driver has any idea about the level crossing issues?  Hopefully blissfully unaware.

Hi all a Message from Jock.

I have had a big scare, but I'm now on radiotherapy as of today, and through to next Tuesday (1st) or Wednesday. There isn't any WiFi here but my daughter has visited me, giving me a short period of access. All being well I'll be back to normal after that, next week.
Much appreciated mate, kind regards,
Jock

Please reply in Early Risers to Jock

I'm out tomorrow / Wednesday but on Thursday the plan is to turn the boards over and finish the wiring (again) and re do the Control Switches, and then make a start on the new Scenic Section between the Goods Yard and the Creamery.

Brilliant job mate I love the agricultural merchants with the tractors. A few implements like Oxfords baler would also look good as most dealers also sell implements as well. A stack of new 5 bar gates and a pile of round wooden fencing posts would also look the part. Having been to a few Agricultral merchants / dealers in my time when I've been helping my friend on the farm (usually when I've broken something) there's always a good stock of more mundane items as well as the shiny tractors.

Looking superb mate.

Cheers

Marcus

Brilliant job mate I love the agricultural merchants with the tractors. A few implements like Oxfords baler would also look good as most dealers also sell implements as well. A stack of new 5 bar gates and a pile of round wooden fencing posts would also look the part. Having been to a few Agricultral merchants / dealers in my time when I've been helping my friend on the farm (usually when I've broken something) there's always a good stock of more mundane items as well as the shiny tractors.

Looking superb mate.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus, unfortunately most Oxford things other than the Tractors are to new for Pencarne. but I might make some things like Ploughs etc as the small details wont matter.

Hi Andy,

I do like the collection of cars parked outside the station, it reminds me of a photo of Launceston circa 1953, where 5 cluttered the station forecourt!

Kind regards,

Nick

Hi Nick, I picked up another Car today, a Morris Minor 2 Door in Beige, NWL576, so yet another one to ring the changes. Your right about the Station Forecourt though, there wouldn't be many Cars parked up there.

Thanks Marcus, unfortunately most Oxford things other than the Tractors are to new for Pencarne. but I might make some things like Ploughs etc as the small details wont matter.

The square baler or the Ferguson trailer won't be as they were the same era as the grey Fergie which you've got in your yard. Als got the baler on Bakewell which is the same as your era.

The square baler or the Ferguson trailer won't be as they were the same era as the grey Fergie which you've got in your yard. Als got the baler on Bakewell which is the same as your era.

These will be fine although the horse box may be a bit modern. The trailer and baler are available separately though.

http://www.ehattons.com/130158/Oxford_Diecast_76SET36_3_Piece_Farm_Trailers/StockDetail.aspx

Cheers Marcus, I haven't seen those, I will have to check them out.

Fairly busy today on Pencarne, I wanted to re do the Control panel and switches, When it was Pencarne Junction I had a Bank of 23 active switches above the panel, that was reduced to 15 and now today I have reduced it still further down to just 12, that's 8 for the Points and 4 for the Dapol Signals.

In doing this I've also decided not to bother with a flashy all LED Route indicating board so that has meant I could do away with the Large Panel and about 15 Wires to the back of the Panel. It may not look as pretty but its just as practical and I may use the large Panel on North Road later.

As it was

post-9335-0-88264200-1456419091_thumb.jpg

And Now

post-9335-0-60056100-1456419612_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29951400-1456419638_thumb.jpg

Hi Andy, what do you use for the face of your panel? It looks like some sort of plastic. Where do you get it from? It seems to make a nicer surface than the MDF I use.

Hi Jonathan, the new one is just a piece of Foamboard, the previous one in the first pic above was 2mm white Plastic / Acrylic Sheet, it was an off cut the my Son in Law got for me when he worked in an Acrylics Sheet Suppliers.

• RMweb Premium

Has this topic changed its name again?

If it is not one thing - it is another with you.

The only thing that doesn't change seems to be your name .  .  . but you are probably about to prove me wrong on that too.

Whatever you call this layout - it looks really good.

Has this topic changed its name again?

If it is not one thing - it is another with you.

The only thing that doesn't change seems to be your name .  .  . but you are probably about to prove me wrong on that too.

Whatever you call this layout - it looks really good.

Hi Bogie, NO the topic hasn't changed its name, It's been Pencarne since Page 54, all I've done is add = Rural Cornish BLT, to show its location.

As for changing my name, well it WAS Bodgit, but I ain't done much of that lately Guv, hahha

Thanks Don and George, its certainly tidier and I can use the spare levers over on North Road. As for running well yes I'm enjoying that immensely,

I now have a Rota worked out that I will work through over the coming days, and if it all goes well then I will write it up onto index Cards and either put in a box or on a Ring Binder as a flip Card.

Archived