Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Rest assured I would attend if I was in the UK - but I am not. 

I am beginning to think the constant reminders are an attempt to reach 100 pages by a set time - perhaps a bet with someone??

In any event I expect lots of photos/videos.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone who attends.

Happy Easter!

• RMweb Gold

If folk start naming me after a ruddy shopping mall in reading (since renamed) I'm going to play somewhere else  :O  :butcher: 

Now there was a question hidden in there somewhere so I suppose I'd better quote some examples 'down west' using 1963 information -

Minehead branch  Blue (but certain Blue engines including 38XX and 78XX not permitted)

Barnstaple branch (from Norton Fitzwarren)  Yellow

Hemyock branch  Uncoloured but D6306-57 permitted at max speed of 15 mph

Tiverton Jcn - Tiverton Dotted Red

Churston - Brixham Dotted Red

Mortonhampstead branch Blue

Kingsbridge branch Yellow (all D63XX permitted

Tavistock Jcn - Marsh Mills Red

Liskeard - Looe  Yellow

Bodmin Road - Boscarne Jcn Blue

Par - Newquay Red

Lostwithiel - Fowey Blue

St. Blazey - Fowey  Blue (N.B. Red including D6XX and D8XX specially authorised)

enwithers Jcn - Falmouth Red

Penwithers Jcn - Newham Yellow

Gwwinear Road  - Helston Blue

St Erth - St Ives Red to 321m  39ch, Blue 321m 30ch to St Ives.

If folk start naming me after a ruddy shopping mall in reading (since renamed) I'm going to play somewhere else  :O  :butcher: 

Could be worse, Mike. Could have been a character from ITV's "Benidorm"...

"Geoff Maltby (Johnny Vegas), who calls himself 'The Oracle', has a computer-like knowledge of trivia, he claims to be the undefeated Lancashire pub quiz champion, and is prone to fits of competitive behavior; he has always come on holiday with his mother, Noreen".

post-17811-0-40792300-1458827989.jpg

Now there was a question hidden in there somewhere so I suppose I'd better quote some examples 'down west' using 1963 information -

Minehead branch  Blue (but certain Blue engines including 38XX and 78XX not permitted)

Barnstaple branch (from Norton Fitzwarren)  Yellow

Hemyock branch  Uncoloured but D6306-57 permitted at max speed of 15 mph

Tiverton Jcn - Tiverton Dotted Red

Churston - Brixham Dotted Red

Mortonhampstead branch Blue

Kingsbridge branch Yellow (all D63XX permitted

Tavistock Jcn - Marsh Mills Red

Liskeard - Looe  Yellow

Bodmin Road - Boscarne Jcn Blue

Par - Newquay Red

Lostwithiel - Fowey Blue

St. Blazey - Fowey  Blue (N.B. Red including D6XX and D8XX specially authorised)

enwithers Jcn - Falmouth Red

Penwithers Jcn - Newham Yellow

Gwwinear Road  - Helston Blue

St Erth - St Ives Red to 321m  39ch, Blue 321m 30ch to St Ives.

Thanks Mike, well that's me sorted then, it's a Blue Route so I need to dig out my Blue Locos I guess. :O :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  

post-9335-0-44244800-1458830205_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-36857800-1458830268_thumb.jpg

Now I need to do some research on Blue and below Locos for the Branch, I know my Panniers and Prairies are o.k. as is the Class 22, T9, M7 and 700.

So the ones I need to check are the Std 4MT, Tender Loco, Ivatt2 MT Tender, N Class, Bulleids and Hymek's.

So I'm looking at Locos under 17Ton 12 Cwt.

Although having said all that I will still be running all the above as

''A'' I have them and,

''B'' I like them and,

''C'' Its my Train Set.

But it would still be nice to know.

Rest assured I would attend if I was in the UK - but I am not. 

I am beginning to think the constant reminders are an attempt to reach 100 pages by a set time - perhaps a bet with someone??

In any event I expect lots of photos/videos.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone who attends.

Happy Easter!

I hadn't even seen it was on 99 Pages, WOW, that's a lot for a simple little Layout.

Probably no Video as I'm doing Weathering Demos, but maybe some Photos.

• RMweb Gold

Now I need to do some research on Blue and below Locos for the Branch, I know my Panniers and Prairies are o.k. as is the Class 22, T9, M7 and 700.

So the ones I need to check are the Std 4MT, Tender Loco, Ivatt2 MT Tender, N Class, Bulleids and Hymek's.

So I'm looking at Locos under 17Ton 12 Cwt.

Although having said all that I will still be running all the above as

''A'' I have them and,

''B'' I like them and,

''C'' Its my Train Set.

But it would still be nice to know.

Standard Class 4 4-6-0 75XXX - Blue, treat as WR 78XX

Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 - Uncoloured  (but I'm sure I remember them having a Yellow disc??)

SR N Class 2-6-0 Subject to individual clearance but were permitted over some Yellow routes

SR WC/BB Class 4-6-2 Subject to individual clearance but were permitted over at least one Yellow route.

D70XX Hymek Red but were permitted to work over Dotted Red and most Blue routes subject to being restricted to a maximum speed of 60mph

Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 - Uncoloured  (but I'm sure I remember them having a Yellow disc??)

SR N Class 2-6-0 Subject to individual clearance but were permitted over some Yellow routes

SR WC/BB Class 4-6-2 Subject to individual clearance but were permitted over at least one Yellow route.

D70XX Hymek Red but were permitted to work over Dotted Red and most Blue routes subject to being restricted to a maximum speed of 60mph

Thanks Mike, once again, not only a mind of information to me here on Pen, but also to many readers of this thread.

Thanks VERY MUCH INDEED.

Quiet day at work, everybody else off early for the Easter hols.

I managed to read this thread from page 1, with several cups of coffee.

A good day.

:)

You've got some STAMINA, hahhaha several cups of coffee to keep you awake was it? :O hahhah :no:  :no:

Thanks very much, your post is really appreciated and I hope that some, (Mike the Stationmasters Posts) was useful.

Some Pics of the T9 that arrived this morning. I've also played about with the Camera settings which seems to have improved some pics. Its now Crewed but will need some VERY LIGHT Weathering.

post-9335-0-96849000-1458843701_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19828900-1458843750_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-57246200-1458843779_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04282500-1458843800_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10428000-1458843818_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-55878700-1458843849_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-24928800-1458843870_thumb.jpg

Some Pics of the T9 that arrived this morning. I've also played about with the Camera settings which seems to have improved some pics. Its now Crewed but will need some VERY LIGHT Weathering.

Truly an inspiration. Pity about front bogie of T9 in last photo. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

There is photographic evidence of an N class working a china clay train between Bodmin General and Bodmin Road, so that would be OK for Pencarne too.

Mike, I would also emphasise your earlier comment on St Blazey - Fowey:

"Red including D6xx and D8xx specially authorised".

42xx tanks were regulars on that route so obviously they had been "specially authorised". Andy, you can "specially authorise" any loco you like to run to Pencarne (although speed restrictions might apply in some cases!).

Morning Bodge, The new pictures are great, l too love the T9s.  PS why dont you use the tripod and put the setting onto M (manual) and set a slower speed and see what happens ? ...

That's what I did mate, NOT the Tripod but resting the camera on the Layout, and re did all the settings.

Archived