RMweb

Driving standards

hayfield

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Reorte said:

The jogger in the background must be really jaded. The thing nearly hits him yet he just carries on as if nothing's happened.

Since it said the police are taking no further action, maybe it's normal there.😀

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

This is going to be hard to explain away .  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-68598455

What I never understand is how do you 'lose control' in a 30mph limit?

I can see that there might be some external factors eg oil on the road - yes I have had that, it was 'interesting' but I got through it fine but seriously?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Again I suggest a strong argument in favour of some sort of 'fit and proper' test for drivers, in this case having to demonstrate that you have dealt with your 'anger' issues before you get your licence back.

Also of course someone who might well benefit from a spell in a NHS secure unit rather than prison

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, johnofwessex said:

What I never understand is how do you 'lose control' in a 30mph limit?

I can see that there might be some external factors eg oil on the road - yes I have had that, it was 'interesting' but I got through it fine but seriously?

A stomp on the throttle and away the back end goes…

If you look on YouTube for things like ‘supercar fails’ you’ll come across people binning Ferraris pulling away from traffic lights. All the gear and no idea etc.

Just now, 30801 said:

A stomp on the throttle and away the back end goes…

If you look on YouTube for things like ‘supercar fails’ you’ll come across people binning Ferraris pulling away from traffic lights. All the gear and no idea etc.

In which case should they be road legal?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

I've never seen that road so empty, it's the road up from Thorpe station to behind the castle, the bend he lost it on you could take at triple the speed limit without problems, its so slight. He must have stamped on the accelerator to break the grip of the tyre from the road.

• Informative/Useful 2

"Recent rain" should not be considered to be a contributory factor. In this country if you cannot drive safely after recent rain, or you are too stupid to realise that there has been recent rain, you should not be allowed to drive.

For that matter, if you are too inexperienced (or stupid) to drive a Ferrari on a wet road, you should not be allowed to drive a Ferrari. 

I am surprised that the age of the driver has not been reported. For once it would be mildly interesting to know.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Reorte said:

The jogger in the background must be really jaded. The thing nearly hits him yet he just carries on as if nothing's happened.

You've obviously not seen any Russian dash cam footage , cars getting t boned at city center junctions

and people just duck behind a traffic light then step over the debris and keep walking .

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, johnofwessex said:

In which case should they be road legal?

Meanwhile Musk is bragging his forthcoming car will have a sub one second 0-60 time.

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, 30801 said:

Meanwhile Musk is bragging his forthcoming car will have a sub one second 0-60 time.

Well, even post-X, I suppose if anyone can afford a top-end Italian sports car, he can.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

"Mistry previously pleaded guilty to two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and one count of causing grievous bodily harm with intent in December last year, before being sentenced to four years and 10 months in prison at Aylesbury Crown Court, last week.

He was also disqualified from driving for four years and 10 months and will need to take an extended re-test before getting his licence back."

Other than the blindingly obvious fact that he won't be able to drive whilst in prison, It's hardly a severe motoring penalty, a life ban for somebody psychologically incapable of driving with a sensible thought plan would be more relevant.

Mike.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

"Mistry previously pleaded guilty to two counts of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and one count of causing grievous bodily harm with intent in December last year, before being sentenced to four years and 10 months in prison at Aylesbury Crown Court, last week.

He was also disqualified from driving for four years and 10 months and will need to take an extended re-test before getting his licence back."

Other than the blindingly obvious fact that he won't be able to drive whilst in prison, It's hardly a severe motoring penalty, a life ban for somebody psychologically incapable of driving with a sensible thought plan would be more relevant.

Mike.

The ban will start as and when he leaves prison not before. If he gets full remission he will only serve 20 months (and for that to happen he will have to control his temper).

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, zarniwhoop said:

Since it said the police are taking no further action, maybe it's normal there.😀

He must have been legal then (licence, insurance etc.). Though I would like to see his reaction when he comes to renew his insurance. 🤥

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Interesting further report on the incident here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/clkmld8zwmeo

The force said two people were in the car, and that the driver, a man in his 40s, was arrested on suspicion of breaching court-imposed bail conditions which related to a separate case.

He was taken into custody for questioning.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Coldgunner said:

There's something to be said for the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre. Now if only there was a radio phone in to discuss it?

IMG_5287.jpeg.5661c973124da30c5a3f1a831d1776d8.jpeg

Sub human scum 

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
On 19/03/2024 at 15:58, johnofwessex said:

Interesting further report on the incident here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/clkmld8zwmeo

The force said two people were in the car, and that the driver, a man in his 40s, was arrested on suspicion of breaching court-imposed bail conditions which related to a separate case.

He was taken into custody for questioning.

and a further update

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c8v3ryp9052o

• Like 5