RMweb

UK model shop achieves global recognition

Mike at C&M

This evening, we are in receipt of the following e-mail:

Dear Sir Or Madam,

Our company is located in China's guizhou a powerful import and export company.

At present, our company and Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing clothing companies jointly run a fashion show. We need to find a very strong model company to undertake our project in China, we learned that your company is a professional model company via the Internet, hereby send email to enquiry. If you can undertake this project, please provide me your offer. And if we can accept the price you quoted, we two sides will continue to discuss the specific cooperation details.
Best regards

I suspect I will not be taking them up on their generous offer.

This evening, we are in receipt of the following e-mail:

Dear Sir Or Madam,

Our company is located in China's guizhou a powerful import and export company.

At present, our company and Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing clothing companies jointly run a fashion show. We need to find a very strong model company to undertake our project in China, we learned that your company is a professional model company via the Internet, hereby send email to enquiry. If you can undertake this project, please provide me your offer. And if we can accept the price you quoted, we two sides will continue to discuss the specific cooperation details.

Best regards

I suspect I will not be taking them up on their generous offer.

What even though they will be backed a member of the Nigerian Royal family?

• RMweb Premium

I used to use a model shop called Cotswold Models and they occasionally got sent pictures by young ladies wanting to get into model railways.

They would send a letter accompanied by some scantily dressed pictures.

They had them on the wall of their staff room.

For those who know C&M, you will be aware that we do not have a display window at street level, so aside from the signage there is nothing to indicate what kind of models we do.

In my 12 years in the shop, I have had a couple of people enter and asking about modelling for glamour shoots.

Ironically, I have a professional photographer friend who used to do such shoots, hence the reason why the glamorous Fay is used in our advertising.

• RMweb Gold

For those who know C&M, you will be aware that we do not have a display window at street level, so aside from the signage there is nothing to indicate what kind of models we do.

Ah that explains it, I think Google changes it  into Chinese script as S & M

• RMweb Premium

I used to use a model shop called Cotswold Models and they occasionally got sent pictures by young ladies wanting to get into model railways.

They would send a letter accompanied by some scantily dressed pictures.

They had them on the wall of their staff room.

I bought some Mainline Peaks off them for £7.50 brand new!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I get the feeling that fashion and clothing companies require a different sort of "model"....

I can't really see P4 going down the catwalk.

I am going to refrain from saying that P4 Models would get only part way down the Catwalk as they would be finding all sorts of things not within tolerances and moaning about us mortals, thus running out of time. :nono:

Kat Walker.

Archived