Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Dapol 08

Kickstart

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Just noticed the actual DCC Supplies special edition green wasp stripes has a black radiator whereas the Dapol Digest colour picture shows a yellow radiator.... Why has it changed? Not happy as I was expecting a yellow one as originally shown on Dapol Digest! See link below....

https://digest.Dapol.co.uk/forum/o-gauge-models/locomotives/class-08/312-class-08-special-edition-for-dcc-supplies

Recent reply to that query on the Dapol Digest

Andy Dapol commented
11 minutes ago

The Back grill was corrected from yellow during artwork revision. DCC Supplies have show the latest artwork on their site for a while now.

I did post a link to the DCC Supplies website page on my post a couple of days ago, but as with so much interweb 'virtual ephemera' it no longer links.

Regards, Gerry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My first venture into O. Wow!

The blue one was my first venture into O four weeks ago, that's now resulted in most my 4mm stuff being sold, a new 7mm 40, a 37 & Peak on pre-order and my green 08 arrived today, it's addictive! :O

Cheers

• Like 1

The blue one was my first venture into O four weeks ago, that's now resulted in most my 4mm stuff being sold, a new 7mm 40, a 37 & Peak on pre-order and my green 08 arrived today, it's addictive! :O

Cheers

Yes, I could well see me selling lots....

• Like 1

...I suppose I should point out that there is a small problem with D3219 in that (at least in 1963) the original had black coupling rods and red cranks and not the other way around as on the model (picture page 49 in Diesels on the Southern by Michael Welsh of a very clean condition in Brighton shed yard) but that certainly is not going to worry me, and at this size it will be so easy to correct if I ever do get precious about it! I think that that one picture is going to inspire my shunting plank....

My green un numbered with wasp stripes arrived from hattons today, great service. First impressions were the livery isn't as good as the blue. The green for me is way too dark and the black surround to the radiator will need spraying yellow, also the br emblem looks like one of those faded ones, its very light. Anyway I've decided to tops number it so plenty of weathering will sort out the green and the light emblem will look realistically faded so I'm sort of happy. Not bad for £169. I just hope they sort out the livery for the next release. Holding out hope for a class 13.

Hi

Recent reply to that query on the Dapol Digest

I did post a link to the DCC Supplies website page on my post a couple of days ago, but as with so much interweb 'virtual ephemera' it no longer links.

Regards, Gerry

Interesting to note that all Dapol artwork relating to the yellow radiator has been removed from the Dapol Digest Site today and artwork has been replaced with actual photos of the DCC Supplies photos showing the revised black radiator (all smoke and mirrors).

Hi all

I have  my 08 green with wasp stripes and many thanks to lodekka for his instructions on stripping it down .i have the cab separted at last and can start thinking about sculpting a crew.Could anyone  steer me to photos of a shunter/2nd man   traveling  on the front steps ,It would be a great help .

One problem I do have is I dont seem to have a small parts bag .I have the speaker  ring  bag but nothing else .Anyone tell whats in it .Vac pipes I assume .I will have to contact Hattons ..Its been an interesting few days on here .Pecketts ,B12's and 08's ,and promise of a Wisbech tram .

Martin

Interesting to note that all Dapol artwork relating to the yellow radiator has been removed from the Dapol Digest Site today and artwork has been replaced with actual photos of the DCC Supplies photos showing the revised black radiator (all smoke and mirrors).

The original artwork was still on the Tower website this morning. Also the DCC website has shown a black radiator for a long time now.

Steve

Hi all

I have  my 08 green with wasp stripes and many thanks to lodekka for his instructions on stripping it down .i have the cab separted at last and can start thinking about sculpting a crew.Could anyone  steer me to photos of a shunter/2nd man   traveling  on the front steps ,It would be a great help .

One problem I do have is I dont seem to have a small parts bag .I have the speaker  ring  bag but nothing else .Anyone tell whats in it .Vac pipes I assume .I will have to contact Hattons ..Its been an interesting few days on here .Pecketts ,B12's and 08's ,and promise of a Wisbech tram .

Martin

Neither of mine had a small parts bag and the same goes for the other 8 purchased by my fellow club members. Not aware there should even be one.

Steve

Neither of mine had a small parts bag and the same goes for the other 8 purchased by my fellow club members. Not aware there should even be one.

Steve

Only item supplied spare for any of my 08's was the speaker mounting. Slightly under-nourished vac pipes are already fitted to all the models I have received.

Vaughan

Edited by vaughan45

The original artwork was still on the Tower website this morning. Also the DCC website has shown a black radiator for a long time now.

Steve[/quote

Yes agreed for the Tower site but they don't show the black radiator suround either. The DCC website has shown a part finished body for some time but what may look like a black radiator front is just an empty black hole where the radiator moulding will eventually be fitted so assumption was that it would be yellow as in the Dapol artwork. The Photos on site at moment we're put on in last couple of days and shows what product actually looks like now it's in stock. I purchased based on the Dapol artwork which I now understand from today was incorrect and it was yellow. .There has neve been any indication as to the reason for change unless someone can point me in the the right direction please.

Edited by Greenmodelmonkey

Only item supplied spare for any of my 08's was the speaker mounting. Slightly under-nourished vac pipes are already fitted to all the models I have received.

Vaughan

There aren't any sparesand it states this in the Instructions as they are all fitted.

Steve

There aren't any sparesand it states this in the Instructions as they are all fitted.

Exactly the point I was making in response to earlier posts - there are no spare items as there aren't supposed to be any and this is quite clearly stated in the accompanying paperwork.

• Like 1

My model D3219 arrived today and runs very sweetly indeed under DC. Only one of the marker lights comes on going forward, the upper one. Is this correct -the instructions

suggest under DCC ALL the lights come on...

Mine does that too. I have no red rear lights - should they work under DC?

Edited by 90rob

Mine does that too. I have no red rear lights - should they work under DC?

If you mean white markers at the front with red tail lamps for mainline running, then no, the lighting is not set up to acheive such a status. Major rewiring will be required.

If you want full control when you have done this, then DCC is required.

Kind regards,

Paul