Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hi

We are not producing the 321/3 - I think all the other liveries appeared on either a 321/4 (Great Eastern, Abellio and Silverlink) or 321/9 (WYPTE/Northern).

If the liveried 321/9 doesn't get enough orders then you would get either an undecorated 321/4 or possibly an undecorated 321/9 (we will investigate if this is possible with the factory - in theory it should be but it just increases the complexity of the orders).

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Just a heads up if you use our new (and errr improved?) deposit system - I think it is more than a bit misleading as you pay 50% and then the balance it gives you (future payments) is excl VAT.

I understand from the developers that the reason is that the VAT rate could change from the first payment being made to the balance being paid off, but I think it is misleading to customers - they could at least say that the balance excludes VAT. If they can't make it clearer I will hack the code myself next week (once the York show is out of the way).

The software won't take the balance automatically, but you can pay it off at any point that suits you (by logging into your account on our site and clicking on orders or by following the link in your order email). Once the development is further advanced we will set a final order deadline and email everyone who has paid a deposit to ask them to pay the balance by the deadline.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

I notice in the "other liveries" option there are a potential mix of 321/3, 321/4 and 321/9. If I put first choice "Northern" (321/9) and second choice "Undecorated", but the first choice doesn't get enough orders, will I get an undecorated 321/9? Or one of the other two?

Youi'll be invited to specify nearer the time. It's one of those possibilities which is likely to involve so few people that we can deal with if it comes about.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Yesterday we travelled to Old Dalby in Leicestershire to photograph and measure a 321 unit, courtesy of Eversholt.

post-420-0-65795100-1458910285_thumb.jpeg

Mike and I were joined by our Rapido colleagues (who are in the UK for the York show) and the data gathered will be combined with the drawings we've already received to enable Rapido CAD design work to begin.

post-420-0-54339500-1458910442_thumb.jpeg

The unit we were given access to us the test bed for a refurbishment programme called Renatus which is being carried out on 30 of the units.

For more information about this, and more photos, see the news page of our website.

Today we are setting up the stand that we are sharing with Rapido at the York Model Railway show at York Racecourse this weekend - please come and say hello if you're at the show.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Quick question regarding the 'other options' - If I wanted to go for say a Strathclyde class 320 would there just be a single unit number if it went ahead or if there is sufficient interest that multiple unit numbers would be considered?

• RMweb Gold

Hello there,

Yes. The minimum order for a particular livery is the minimum required by the factory for a particular paint job. That's the number a model has to reach to be sure of production. I don't want to give the exact figure - in case it's commercially sensitive for Rapido - but suffice to say it's more than 250.

However, once the models are painted then the numbers are just tampo printed on, and the minimum for each tampo is less, so even just a few more than the minimum will allow us to offer a second number set. We already are with the LM livery.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

So we are all set up for the York show tomorrow. It runs tomorrow, Sunday and Monday and is being held in the grandstand of the city's racecourse.

post-420-0-76699900-1458935033_thumb.jpeg

It's a spectacular location for a show and we are up on the second floor mezzanine looking out over the racecourse itself. In the shot above we are at the top of the first bank of terraces, about midway between the two white pillars at this end of the grandstand.

post-420-0-04193200-1458935076_thumb.jpeg

We are stand 99, sharing with Rapido and just across from Locomotion. We are all set up with a 5-car Pendolino running (mainly due to reasons of space) along with our TEA samples and information about our upcoming models.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 4

Ben,

Stand looks great. I'm fortunate to be able to call York my 'local' show. It's a great venue with loads of natural light, a long way away from a dim lit sports hall! Mind you the forecast isn't great for the rest of the weekend...

I'm hoping to get to the show tomorrow afternoon so I'll hopefully get to stop by for a chat.

Might not be the right thread for this question, but any news on the new announcement?

• RMweb Gold

Might not be the right thread for this question, but any news on the new announcement?

Thanks. Anyone at the show will be able to see information about the new item, and it goes up on our website at 11am for those who can't get to the show.

I will also update here and elsewhere as soon as possible, but it may at lunchtime.

We will create a new thread for it too.

Cheers

Ben A.

I think with sorting out another launch and preparing for the York show other things might have been on their mind. And as the early bird offer is ther until end of June I don't think it's too much of a problem.

Alistair

Hello all,

So we are all set up for the York show tomorrow. It runs tomorrow, Sunday and Monday and is being held in the grandstand of the city's racecourse.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

It's a spectacular location for a show and we are up on the second floor mezzanine looking out over the racecourse itself. In the shot above we are at the top of the first bank of terraces, about midway between the two white pillars at this end of the grandstand.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

We are stand 99, sharing with Rapido and just across from Locomotion. We are all set up with a 5-car Pendolino running (mainly due to reasons of space) along with our TEA samples and information about our upcoming models.

Cheers

Ben A.

Are you doing a class 252 in addition to Dapol?

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

A newsletter is about to go out to our subscribers. We waited to send it as it will also include information about our new item.

The 252 mentioned on the stand is at the Rapido end and references their proposed OO model in association with the NRM/Locomotion. The Dapol model (if it goes ahead - they are seeking expressions of interest before committing to tooling - see their Facebook page) will support Project Milller, which has restored and is now operating a Prototype HST power car.

Cheers

Ben A..

Cannot wait to hear what the new model is... (strong case of impatience) :jester: :jester: :jester:

It's been 14 minutes already........ Someone tell Us!!!!

(And people say I'm impatient, I just don't see it)

Alistair

Edited by alibuchan
  • Like 1

We are not producing the 321/3 - I think all the other liveries appeared on either a 321/4 (Great Eastern, Abellio and Silverlink) or 321/9 (WYPTE/Northern)....

Ah, I wasn't sure about the 321/3, but the livery options might have allowed it, good to clarify that though.

Youi'll be invited to specify nearer the time. It's one of those possibilities which is likely to involve so few people that we can deal with if it comes about.

Cheers

Ben A.

It'd be nice to get that option, I realise the number of 321/9s ordered will be much lower than the 321/4s, but as I mostly want 321/9s it'd be a bit disappointing to end up with a number of 321/4s instead.

• Like 1

Container flat joins the Revolution!

Finally, at the York Show over the Easter weekend Revolution announced its next new model - the KFA container flat.  The models we are producing replicate 240 wagons built in two batches from 1987 by Rautaruukki of Finland.  One batch has the distinctive Gloucester GPS bogies, and are most closely identified with binliner trains and are now in use with Network Rail carrying RHTT modules, while the others represent the more numerous Y25-fitted wagons which are in use on intermodal, gypsum and MOD trains with Freightliner, DB Schenker and GBRf.

My wallet breathes a sigh of relief. But I wish this next project the best of luck!

Hi Gang,

Not the Drax Biomass container after all....but a good choice nevertheless.

I have ordered a batch of C-Rail MOD containers before any rush!!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

PS. To keep this on topic, I have confirmed my 320 order this morning!!!

The amount of people who mentioned the Biomass wagons have hopefully planted the seed for Revolutions next project!

I'll probably have a couple of the KFAs anyway, I personally don't fully know or appreciate the differences between the various types of container flats but they'll mix in with my other flats and support Revolution which I'm keen to do.

• Like 1

Not wanting to say anything before now, I can now tell you all that I asked to do the Drax biomass wagons in N gauge, when I first found out about them being done in OO gauge.

I was told by the lady in charge there that 'Drax do not want to get involved in seeing them in any other gauge and are happy with the amount made in OO gauge', so I'm afraid unless someone got in earlier is a courtesy answer to me, it ain't gonna happen in N gauge.

Shame as I thought it is an ideally suited wagon for N, and I proposed single, twin and quad packs to them for me to make. (no financial input required from them unless they wanted to sell some directly themselves).

Upon subsequent requesting I have been to,d the same.

Cheers

Dave

Not wanting to say anything before now, I can now tell you all that I asked to do the Drax biomass wagons in N gauge, when I first found out about them being done in OO gauge.

I was told by the lady in charge there that 'Drax do not want to get involved in seeing them in any other gauge and are happy with the amount made in OO gauge', so I'm afraid unless someone got in earlier is a courtesy answer to me, it ain't gonna happen in N gauge.

Shame as I thought it is an ideally suited wagon for N, and I proposed single, twin and quad packs to them for me to make. (no financial input required from them unless they wanted to sell some directly themselves).

Upon subsequent requesting I have been to,d the same.

Cheers

Dave

Can they actually stop a model being produced, or just make it very difficult?

Seems a bit short sighted to me.

Regards,

John P

That's a shame, the amount of effort put into making the real wagons so distinctive, you'd think they'd be supportive of any project to model them and promote their switch to biomass in model form.

I wonder if they could be persuaded for £2-3 per wagon as a licencing fee. They'd still be a hell of a lot cheaper than the Hornby ones, and they'd make a lot of money for essentially no work.