Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

I've ordered the 2 London Midland 321 and the Saltire 320 already but the issue I have is that whilst there are others I would like I simply can't justify the large outlay (50% deposit) on pre-ordering a product that may or may not get done at this moment in time - Granted this would be refunded in any instance of the product not going ahead but it does to a certain degree make me not to want to speculatively order more at this moment in time.

However perhaps if orders for said items were 'close' to reaching the point they would go ahead I would reconsider this of course (Even without the early bird offer).

In general terms the 320/321 will go ahead (assuming that everyone that expressed interest follows up with an order) - that is the point of asking for expressions of interest (and we were really happy with the level of interest in the 320/321). The issue is more whether some of the less well-supported liveries can get enough orders - we are trying to give them every chance (far more than most manufacturers do, but we have to be realistic).

When Realtrack did the class 144 and class 143 in conjunction with Rapido, they did not ask for anything as an upfront deposit, I can see why asking for a 50% deposit upfront would put people off, why can't you use the money you have received from the pendolino in upfront deposit's and future balance payment's to tool up the class 320/321?.

Absolutely not - we can't run a Ponzi scheme by using money from one project to bankroll another. We're not a long-established business with lots of capital behind us - we're two enthusiasts putting in our time to help everyone get the models they want. We're producing niche models in a scale with considerably fewer customers than OO so I don't think comparisons are helpful.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

On another thread the (valid) point has been made that the two 321/4 units we are offering in Network South East livery (321401 and 321423) are both WCML units.  321438-48 were transferred to GE services after introduction.

This photo shows unit 321440 at Aston in Birmingham: https://flic.kr/p/CPTev9

This is the same unit at Liverpool Street after transfer: https://flic.kr/p/9CksM1

It make sense to us to alter one of the NSE units we are doing to this number as it offers greater flexibility to customers.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

I have already ordered one unit, and trying to raise funds for another, but with the KFA wagons as well, trying to raise funds for all these is bit of a challenge, especially as I'd like a rake of KFA's so that I can model a bin liner train. So I will order more as and when funds permit but with both models on the same early bird deadline it does make things difficult (I appreciate I can still order after the deadline)

On that note can I add extra units to my original order as funds permit so I'm not paying £8.00 postage each time?

• RMweb Gold

Has the issue with VAT deductions for overseas (non-EU) orders been resolved? Also there's no option "Japan" on the shipping calculation.

No it hasn't (and there won't be anywhere outside of the EU available on the shipping options until it is).

On that note can I add extra units to my original order as funds permit so I'm not paying £8.00 postage each time?

It isn't easily possible to add items to orders (not strictly true - adding items is easy, the difficulty is marrying up payments). What we will do is combine orders where possible and refund you any additional P&P (eg if you order a 321 + KFA on the same order and another 321 then all the 321s will go together but you will still pay 2 lots of P&P).

Cheers, Mike

Edited by red death

No it hasn't (and there won't be anywhere outside of the EU available on the shipping options until it is).

Can this be fixed by the end of June, or another workaround created i.e. before the Early Bird discount runs out?

Can this be fixed by the end of June, or another workaround created i.e. before the Early Bird discount runs out?

I too am another interested party outside the EU and you can certainly count on 2 FCC orders from me when this is sorted!

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Folks

The VAT situation for non-EU customers will be sorted when it is sorted - as we have said on other places, no one will miss out on the early bird pricing because of it.

Please bear with us (and bear in mind we are 2 people doing this in our very limited spare time!). We will let you all know when we have a solution.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

EarlyBird Deadline Extended

post-420-0-85699000-1467301071.jpg

We have decided to extend our EarlyBird deadlines for the N Gauge Class 320 and 321 units (and N KFA wagons  and OO TEA tankers) by an additional month, to midnight on July 31st 2016.

The deadline was originally set at midnight tonight, but issues with the website dating system (it thought the deadline was last night!) have led to our being inundated with customers who've been unable to order at the lower price.

The problem has been rectified we believe, but to avoid any possibility of unfairness we have decided to extend the deadline.

We also need a little more time to be able to correctly process orders from outside the EU, which require a non-VAT option, and the additional time will allow us to fix this.

We are also evaluating the impact of the UK's vote to leave the EU on the sterling:dollar exchange rate.

We pay the majority of our bills in dollars and although (due to very cautious price modelling at the outset) we are able to absorb some fluctuations in the exchange rate if sterling falls further we will have to consider increasing our prices for non-Earlybird orders of the 320/321, KFA and 4mm TEA.

We would like to emphasise that any price increase will not affect orders already placed for 320/321s, KFAs or the 4mm TEAs.

The extension to the earlybird deadline will give us a bit of breathing room to see how sterling performs.

We would like to thank all our customers for their understanding and patience!

cheers

Ben A.

Hi guys,

Sorry if I've missed it earlier in the chain as I couldn't see it on the revolution site, but are you intending to incorporate NEM coupler pockets on this model?

I'm looking for an excuse to buy a LM version to run on a diesel only layout and I've seen photos of a couple of units being dragged, presumably to works for overhaul.

Regards

John

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys,

Sorry if I've missed it earlier in the chain as I couldn't see it on the revolution site, but are you intending to incorporate NEM coupler pockets on this model?

I'm looking for an excuse to buy a LM version to run on a diesel only layout and I've seen photos of a couple of units being dragged, presumably to works for overhaul.

Regards

John

H John,

The CADs of this model are not yet done, but the plan at the moment is to have inter car power transfer couplers, and the option of fitting standard or cosmetic couplers on the outer ends.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben,

Thanks that's useful.

2 Pendolinos, 20 TEAs & now a 321. You guys are going to have to stop this game - that dent in my wallet is fast becoming a crater...

Regards

John

Same here!! The wallet is getting lighter!!

Now, maybe we could have a nice little class 85 or 90 next!!??!

Keep up the good work guys!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeremy,

I would love an improved 90 as the Farish one is a little long in the tooth, I feel it would be hard for us to justify an 85 or a 90 as Bachmann already have a very well regarded 85 and I believe are working on an all new 90 in OO too; both of which should be strong candidates for adding to the Farish range.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Jeremy,

I would love an improved 90 as the Farish one is a little long in the tooth, I feel it would be hard for us to justify an 85 or a 90 as Bachmann already have a very well regarded 85 and I believe are working on an all new 90 in OO too; both of which should be strong candidates for adding to the Farish range.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you that an 85 or 90 could well be possible in the Farish range but how long would we have to wait for them?? Understandably it takes longer for models to be released as they have several new ones on the go at any one time but we have waited 5 years + for some of them to see the light of day, and with very little communication from the larger manufacturers and dates being pushed back/prices increasing, who knows when they will happen.

I believe there is huge confidence in Revolution trains, the company is organised with projected timelines and complete transparency and honesty throughout the process. Timewise, the Pendolino was really started in November 2014 and just over 18 months on, the final sample is due before production goes ahead. That's a huge achievement in such a short period of time and it's a credit to you both for your hard work. I can also say, judging by the previous samples we have seen on RMweb, the models are stunning with a level of detail unrivalled by most models out there, even in the larger scales. Prices are set and stuck to so everyone knows exactly where they stand so when the models arrive a few years later, we are not hit with a "well its going to be 50 quid more now".

I think I've said this a few times before, hats off to you both for getting these projects up and running and I hope many more models are produced in this way.

Keep up the excellent work and I'm certainly looking forward to my Pendolinos (I've ordered three!) and the NSE 321's!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gang;

Well, that's a 4 car 321 ordered in LM livery before the early bird deadline. In addition to my two Scotrail 320s, the idea is to perhaps reallocate the 4 car to Scotland losing one coach in the process..with a renumber (possibly)...but in the short term to keep it as a 4 car to keep the Desiros company!!!

If anyone asks the gin and tonic made me do it!!

Later;

Stu from EGDL

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

HI Guys, any update on the "secondary" liveries, ie; if any are even close to being made. I've got money tied up in delayed Dapol and Farish models, so i'd rather save my 321 cash for 92's if the liveries i want are unlikely :-)

cheers

• RMweb Gold

Hi there Hiffano,

Mike and I were discussing this the other day while packing and sending out TEA tankers.

We know there are some customers who really want liveries that habven't yet reached the threshold, so we want to give them as long as possible to make the cut.

Our plan is to whittle down the field in stages. When we show CADs in the next few weeks we will also eliminate a couple of the options that are clearly way too far short of reaching the required number.

Some customers might walk away, but most say they'll simply switch to other choices, and in doing so may bring them closer to the target.

When we get to the plastic EP sample stage we think we will be able to make the final choice, as by that time it should be clear which models are close and which are "no cigar."

If you are in for a 92 or 2 then please keep an eye on our website - in response to customer feedback we are implementing an instalment system for that project so with a bit of luck you can get both your 321 and 92(s)!

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

Hi there Hiffano,

Mike and I were discussing this the other day while packing and sending out TEA tankers.

We know there are some customers who really want liveries that habven't yet reached the threshold, so we want to give them as long as possible to make the cut.

Our plan is to whittle down the field in stages. When we show CADs in the next few weeks we will also eliminate a couple of the options that are clearly way too far short of reaching the required number.

Some customers might walk away, but most say they'll simply switch to other choices, and in doing so may bring them closer to the target.

When we get to the plastic EP sample stage we think we will be able to make the final choice, as by that time it should be clear which models are close and which are "no cigar."

If you are in for a 92 or 2 then please keep an eye on our website - in response to customer feedback we are implementing an instalment system for that project so with a bit of luck you can get both your 321 and 92(s)!

Cheers

Ben A.

Cheers Ben, both liveries I would  want are on the "maybe" list lol

and I've already seen the installments on the 92 news which is great. I've been Paying Collets installments for pre orders and its fantastic to ease the burden on the wallet/grief from the missus ;-)

• Like 2