Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

Hello, everyone. Firstly I would like to thank Rob for those photo's of the class 20's at Dairycoates. It is great to see them, and it brings backs memories for me, as well, of seeing 20's on the Bridlington pick up goods.

Tonight I have a photo' of Seamer taken from the Scarborough Spa Express on 25th July, 1985. The train was returning to York at about 5.00pm. Remarkably, those two sidings are still there.

attachicon.gifimg066.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

Rob,

Intrigued by the picture - is that a tender and, if so, is it a Bulleid?

Regards,

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Nice picture. Did you get any "Agro" from the so called security staff, AKA the "Gystarpo"?

Glad you like it, Mick!  It wasn't ideally placed as the sun was on the wrong side, but I thought it was worth taking some pictures of this unique (and likely to remain so!) unit.  Here's a couple more, for the record, and in case Charlie Petty is looking for any more variations:

post-31-0-00032300-1454662736.jpg

post-31-0-91909900-1454662763.jpg

I've never been questioned or anything while taking pictures on York station, it's always seemed quite an 'enthusiast friendly' place to be honest.  The only time I have witnessed anything like 'aggro' from the security staff was one evening  when I was watching a steam special leave (in the dark - not worth bothering with a photo) but some of the crowd thought otherwise and were being a bit silly, going too far down the platform ends etc.  I don't suppose the fact that I used to work there would make any difference - they wouldn't know that!

• Like 4

I've never been questioned or anything while taking pictures on York station, it's always seemed quite an 'enthusiast friendly' place to be honest.  The only time I have witnessed anything like 'aggro' from the security staff was one evening  when I was watching a steam special leave (in the dark - not worth bothering with a photo) but some of the crowd thought otherwise and were being a bit silly, going too far down the platform ends etc.  I don't suppose the fact that I used to work there would make any difference - they wouldn't know that!

Neither have I, nor heard any of my friends mention any problems. As you say the only time there is a problem is with steam specials - the "enthusiasts" can't stand anyone taking photos of the stock, for example, instead of the all too frequently photographed locomotive.

Paul

Thought you might like to see one or two of my old photos of Scarborough, I took them back around 1961 when a young teenager. My dad was an avid amateur photographer so I was able to borrow his cameras, when I got home he would help me develop the films and do the prints. Unfortunately some of the negatives got a little scratched over the years.

44823 Arriving Scarborough

post-4401-0-39039500-1454711120_thumb.jpg

60800 Green Arrow Scarborough Shed Summer 1961

post-4401-0-30760100-1454711152_thumb.jpg

I will edit and attach some more photos shortly

Thanks

Ian H 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Ian. Those photo's of Scarborough are magnificent. A great addition to the thread. In the first one, the front coach is one of the ex-LNER 'Tourist' BSO's. I am looking forward to more.

With regards,

Rob.

Ian, do you by any chance have any photos of the area of Scarborough leading to the coastal road, especially around the Gallows yard? There are many photos of the route outside of Scarborough but nothing on the section before it leaves the town border.

Lovely photos you've posted there. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Sorry Derek,

I haven't got any shots of Gallows Close area which is a shame, when I was at school in the old town at Scarborough we didn't have any playing fields so we were sent to Northstead school where there was large playing fields. I used to watch the Whitby trains coming and going while doing my PE! My grand daughter now goes to Northstead and every morning I walk to school with her over what used to be Northstead carriage sidings.

Anyhow here are one or two more photos

60163 On one of its first test runs

post-4401-0-33900900-1454757127_thumb.jpg

61037 DEPARTS SCARBOROUGH PAST LOCO SHEDS

post-4401-0-60095100-1454757141_thumb.jpg

67635 ARRIVING SCARBOROUGH PASSING THE OLD GAS WORKS

post-4401-0-49057600-1454757164_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Ian

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Ian, for those truly outstanding photo's of Scarborough. I love the one of 61037, for just about everything visible in the photo' has changed totally. More please!

With warmest regards,

Rob.

Lord Flash,

Would it be possible for me to download the 31's photo (for personal use only) please? I am breathing some life into an old 31 and this photo shows some quite useful detail.

BTW I was not aware that any 31's were modified to 31/4 prior to refurbishment (meaning the mid life refurbishment and not relating to the re-engine from 30 to 31). I haven't seen a white striped 31/4 before (except some that had the line painted on rather than on the former raised strip).

Lord Flash,

Would it be possible for me to download the 31's photo (for personal use only) please? I am breathing some life into an old 31 and this photo shows some quite useful detail.

BTW I was not aware that any 31's were modified to 31/4 prior to refurbishment (meaning the mid life refurbishment and not relating to the re-engine from 30 to 31). I haven't seen a white striped 31/4 before (except some that had the line painted on rather than on the former raised strip).

Be my guest Derek glad it helped you out. Here's another unrefurbished 31/4 with white stripe, 31409 on an engineers train at Hull Paragon, note the crane working under the roof.

Rob

post-20087-0-86472900-1454962820_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks Rob, you're a Gent.

My Dad used to like 31's when he worked at Stratford but as a lad when I went out on the un-official cab trips with him, I just saw them as "they're not giving us a 47- again." But over the years I've become quite fond of them.

Edited by Derekstuart
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi. Tonight I have a photo' with a difference. It shows how the railway line winds through the Yorkshire Wolds between Hunmanby and Speeton as it goes past an area called Bartindale Row. The photo' was taken in July, 2009. Sadly it was hidden in the line of bushes, in the middle, at the time of the photo'.

post-22631-0-17909100-1455061380_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 6