Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

Calvert Lane runs from left to right of the picture, almost on the centre line. The houses you ref to are the short dead ends off Anlaby Road. The picture house was Priory, closed many years ago and became a "Super Market", it's still there, and presently "Under Development".

Yes, that's what I thought - Calvert Lane in the distance towards the left of the picture.  Hadn't realised that the ones towards the right must have been at the back of Anlaby Road.

The Priory  -  now there's somewhere my mother used to talk about.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. Tonight I have another photo' from the front of that class 101 DMU in July, 1989. In this photo' the train is approaching Bridlington from the south. The home signal can be seen along with the ''theater indicator'' to show drivers which platform line the train is being signalled onto.

post-22631-0-89325100-1453930894_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 5

D8314 heads a line up of brand new class 20s at Dairycoates on 1/8/68, the others are D8310 -D8313.

These photos have been kindly lent to me by my fellow Hessle MRG club member Dave Holmes (a name familiar to Mick!) who was an electrician there in the last 60s.

Rob

post-20087-0-08489500-1454014746_thumb.jpg

post-20087-0-55069900-1454014765_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

D8314 heads a line up of brand new class 20s at Dairycoates on 1/8/68, the others are D8310 -D8313.

These photos have been kindly lent to me by my fellow Hessle MRG club member Dave Holmes (a name familiar to Mick!) who was an electrician there in the last 60s.

Rob

Hi Rob.

Thanks for posting these pictures.

The 20's were allocated from new to Thornaby in May 1967 and were reallocated to Dairycoates in April 1968, D8315 joined them from Thornaby in May 68. I saw them all on my only visit to Dairycoates in January 1969. According to my notes i saw D8314 shunting Bridlington Goods yard on the 1/9/1970 and D8313 two days later. I remember taking a photo of one of them shunting the yard  in the early 70's which was by then i believe a Tinsley engine.

Regards.

Graham 

Edited by waggy
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. Firstly I would like to thank Rob for those photo's of the class 20's at Dairycoates. It is great to see them, and it brings backs memories for me, as well, of seeing 20's on the Bridlington pick up goods.

Tonight I have a photo' of Seamer taken from the Scarborough Spa Express on 25th July, 1985. The train was returning to York at about 5.00pm. Remarkably, those two sidings are still there.

post-22631-0-84812400-1454023747_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 3

With and without vacuum brakes (for their train) I see.

And one with round cab windows; the other with square ones. There were even J77's which had both, square windows at the front, round at the rear and vice versa.

And how about that van in the rear of the first J77, still sporting the large NE, fifteen years or so after that marking style was changed?

Great photos on a great thread.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by mikemeg
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that great photo' of Diarycoates shed, c1946. Just look at the shafts of sunlight coming into the shed, so atmospheric.

Tonight I have a photo' of a class 67 taken at Scarborough in September, 2008. It shows 67001.

post-22631-0-52046600-1454190013_thumb.jpg

With regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Rich for that link to Youtube and the cab ride from Hull to Selby. A fascinating journey, and I'd forgotten just how wide the six foot is after the Humber Bridge.

With bets regards,

Rob.