Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Ian and Dave for those truly excellent photos.

I feel so nostalgic on seeing Alycidon as she departs Scarborough.

And, Dave, isn't it a funny thing how the photo of that class 158 at Hull Paragon is now historic. It certainly makes a fine sight.

With best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

A photo from October 2009 of a 158 crossing the road in Driffield.  In twenty years time the main interest will doubtless be the road vehicles.

post-5613-0-39525100-1458899227_thumb.jpg

Driffield Class 158 to Hull 20th Oct 09 DSC_7369

David

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Dave and Mick for those great photo's of Driffield. They show how little, over all, that the main station itself has changed in spite of the loss of the goods yard in the intervening years.

With best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

A couple of photos from October 2009 at Beswick level crossing.

post-5613-0-67441300-1459795524_thumb.jpg

Beswick Level crossing Class 158 to Hull 20th Oct 09 DSC_7359

post-5613-0-46117100-1459795528_thumb.jpg

Beswick Level crossing Class 158 to Scarborough 20th Oct 09 DSC_7360

David

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Rob, Mick and Dave. All of those photos you have all posted are valuable contributions to this thread.

Those of Dave's of Beswick LC show a very good rural out look to the Hull and Scarborough railway line. Almost a country branch line effect!

With best regards,

Rob.

31/4s at Brough, unrefurbished 31424 and refurbished 31439, notice the different looks of the front ends and the reflection of the footbridge in 31424s cab windows.

Rob

Nice,

31424 was the last of the original batch of ETH 31/4s that I remember well from when they worked on the Western Region,

the Bath Road allocation were always a disgrace externally, and apparently not much better inside from what I read.

cheers

• RMweb Premium

Steve, the original Brough Station still stands, but now long shorn of platform and canopy.

Thanks Mick, of course it does - I should have remembered!  It's now somewhat 'divorced' from the present station, though!

• RMweb Gold

That photo of 55021 is stunning, and yet another to add to the collection of what is now historical views of East Yorkshire railways. Must include Scarborough, since it is the 'natural' end to the Hull and Scarborough railway.

With best regards,

Rob.

Many years ago our club in Scarborough build a scale model of Scarborough Station which did a few shows. It eventually left the club and went to Pickering where it languished for years before moving to Bridlington pending a rebuild. Unfortunately this didn't materialise and it then moved to Norfolk to be owned by the chairman of Scarborough football club. He has since moved back to East Yorkshire and now lives near Driffield. He has joined our club and has brought the layout into the clubrooms where he is rebuilding it in the hope it will be able to attend at least one of our mini shows at Pickering station this year.

As soon as I have more information I will let you all know.

Ian H

• Like 2