Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Many thanks again, to Mick for posting more outstanding photo’s which are much appreciated.

Tonight I have two photo’s from last Sunday, the 24th February, 2019. They show Driffield station. 

09B08ED5-18E2-40C0-8E30-359FA78CB9CC.jpeg.64f93692c3370054dabe850d1a88eff1.jpeg

3786475E-9C9C-43C9-9757-6BC2F1314E34.jpeg.13ac5d335649aec42235a18cab7da5f4.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 11

Thank you for the B13. Since 740 was withdrawn in 1932 (RCTS), then could this have been one of it's last runs?

It may be 'just me, but I really like these engines. I wonder what they were like to drive and fire!

Edited by drmditch

13 hours ago, drmditch said:

Thank you for the B13. Since 740 was withdrawn in 1932 (RCTS), then could this have been one of it's last runs?

It may be 'just me, but I really like these engines. I wonder what they were like to drive and fire!

It would make a fine model, I may have ago at one in 7mm scale or possibly Gauge 1. I have heard it said they were a bit heavy on coal, but no one around today with first hand experiance.

1 minute ago, micknich2003 said:

Borris, my error should read 1 November 1946, thanks for pointing out.

I was actually hoping it was working after withdrawl, but not to worry.  I keep looking at the 4-6-0s and thinking I need one of those in O gauge and then realise our new club layout is late LNER in early BR so there's my excuse, although I feel a photoshop coming on to create 61692!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:14, iands said:

Around the mid 70s as an S&T trainee, I was for a few months allocated to the Telegraph Gang. On turning up for work one morning we were given special instructions to attend an urgent job. It was to run out a temporary cable from Brayton signal box and along the Barlow branch. The cable was to be connected up to provide "communications links". The day after, we were dispatched to go and recover same cable as it was now finished with. Only then did I get to know it was for the Royal Train that was parked up overnight on the branch. Asking why that particular line was chosen, I was told because in terms of security, it was very easy for the Police (and no doubt other security services) to guard as there was only "one road in and one road out" and other natural obstacles that made it a secure site. Not sure if the actual "Royals" on the train at the time were aware they were parked up along side what was a landfill site.

Barlow tip was certainly used in the 70's.  in 1977 when HM did her Silver Jubilee tour in the new train that used the Mk3 coaches, it was stabled there overnight when she was in West Yorks.   I presume that the tip is now closed and no longer available for use on such occasions. I was involved in a very minor way as I had to make sure that her seat at Elland Road football ground was kept warm and safe overnight.  4 hours overtime for me.

Jamie

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:32, micknich2003 said:

Botanic crossing Hull c1899 and the circus is in town.

BOTANIC c1899.jpg

Superb photo Mick - look at the crowds! I presume we're looking in a westerly direction towards the SB? When was the subsequent footbridge over the line built?

A quick reminder for Saturday's meeting, 1300hr for 1330hr start at the Carnegie Centre, Anlaby Road, Hull. Organised by the North Eastern Rly Assoc. I have now seen the final compalation and there is plenty to interest all and not only the signalling enthusiast. Free admission, but a donation welcolme, tea and coffee, plus sales stands. Please come and say hello.

1A LINE CLEAR  - Copy.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hello, Mick.  I want to thank you for a most entertaining and informative afternoon. I really enjoyed it, and learnt many things. I look forward to the next one.

Best regards,

Rob.