Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for that glorious colour photo’ of WD 90352. Please post more when you can, and I wish you a Happy New Year.

Tonight I have a photo’ by Nigel Thompson, courtesy of the Creative Commons Licence, taken in July, 2009, of the former Kipling Cotes station. It certainly was never as tree lined as that when it was still in use...

post-22631-0-23628000-1546723914.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 6

Thank you, Mick, for that glorious colour photo’ of WD 90352. Please post more when you can, and I wish you a Happy New Year.

Tonight I have a photo’ by Nigel Thompson, courtesy of the Creative Commons Licence, taken in July, 2009, of the former Kipling Cotes station. It certainly was never as tree lined as that when it was still in use...

attachicon.gifE731C8A6-8625-438B-A8C7-DBC166AD147A.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

An earlier view.

post-702-0-01182400-1546728694_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for that excellent early photo’ of Kipling Cotes. It makes quite a contrast!

Now, I’ve just been looking around in Google, and have found this photo’ of Market Weighton station, c1964, with a Cravens class 105 DMU, leaving for Selby from Bridlington. Presumably early in the morning going by the angle of the sun etc.,

The photo’ is by Brian Pask, who has made the bb code available for use on sites such as this one from his Flickr account.

46011567212_6e195630fe_k.jpgMarket Weighton by brian pask, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 12

I like the random collie running around on the dock in the background, that might have to be replicated as a cameo on our latest o gauge layout,  am I right in thinking that the dock on the left has a points indicator fitted?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifE731C8A6-8625-438B-A8C7-DBC166AD147A.jpeg

Best regards,

Rob.

I suspect I was standing next to him when he took it, on one of his station spotting road trips!  I seem to recall some of the station sites in the Wolds were quite difficult to locate - although I live in York it's not an area I know well and was surprised by how remote some areas the line passed through are.

I like the random collie running around on the dock in the background, that might have to be replicated as a cameo on our latest o gauge layout,  am I right in thinking that the dock on the left has a points indicator fitted?

.It's an elevated and worked disc, see attached signal and P Way layout.

post-702-0-20276800-1546773961_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I'm glad you have all found the photo' of Market Weighton of interest, and tonight I have a further photo' from June, 1963, taken from a 4 car class 104 DMU. You can see ''Long Tom'' clearly, and the former engine shed. The photo' is a part of the RCTS collection, and is watermarked appropriately, with the BB code made available by them for sharing on sites such as this one.

p2825964594-4.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

Indeed it is a "Slotted Post" and after calling them such for the best part of sixty years, I have since learnt the correct term is "Inside Arm".

Like me young Mike, you learn something every day but have to forget at leased three things to make room! :senile:

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Tonight I have a photo’ of Withernsea station from September, 1964, with a class 105, Cravens DMU. The following month it was closed down. 

The photo’ is reproduced courtesy of the RCTS, who have provided the BBcode.

p2825967474-4.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, everyone. I’ve been looking through the working timetable for 1964/65, Section B, Hull District. I’ve looked up that train to Selby. It was 1B87, the 07.30 from Bridlington, calling at Driffield and Market Weighton only, departing M. Weighton at 08.12 after one minute of station time. It arrived into Selby at 08.33.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Well now, we are at Market Weighton station again tonight, on the 6th March, 1965. It was a cold day with some snow showers at times. It was also the day of the last BR trains to run over the Scarborough to Whitby line and the Grosmont to Pickering and Rillington Junction line. A special train was arranged, The Whitby Moors Railtour, and as far as M. Weighton was hauled by preserved K4, 3442, The Great Marquess. The yet to be preserved K1, 62005, was coupled on to the front of the K4 and they hauled the train from there on. 

So the photo’, by  ricsrailpics, who has enabled sharing from his Flickr account, shows The Great Marquess after arrival on the down line, at M. Weighton.

4624089807_72a731094e_o.jpgNo.3442 'The Great Marquess' in Market Weighton station. 6 March 1965 by ricsrailpics, on Flickr

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Barlow? I think you will find it is a bit of a tip! :stinker:

Still prestigeous enough to park the Royal Train overnight on a couple of occasions though!

Barlow? I think you will find it is a bit of a tip! :stinker:

I would love to know what's buried there apart from the asbestos. A late good friend  from Selby worked as a apprentice mechanic at a transport depot in the late 60's and befriended an ex Selby driver who was employed sweeping floors, cleaning windows etc. He said that when Selby Shed closed in 1959 they expected all spare parts etc would have gone to York, but everything was loaded into open wagons and taken to Barlow Tip..