Wakefield 54th Model Railway Show November 2015vg

enginelane

I think that's a positive and brave move; I wonder what the result would be if there were an extra admission charge for a backpack? I'd say the price of at least a child would be fair. ;)

Ah, but would you have to provide a 'gauge' like budget airlines do to measure the size above which it becomes chargeable?

Ah, but would you have to provide a 'gauge' like budget airlines do to measure the size above which it becomes chargeable?

Oh absolutely. I think it could introduce a new level of entertainment whilst trying to get a big queue through a small entrance. :)

Oh absolutely. I think it could introduce a new level of entertainment whilst trying to get a big queue through a small entrance. :)

You could kill 2 birds with one stone. While the queue is staionary sorting out the inconsiderate with their bergens, you could pull some of the great unwashed out for a decontamination shower.

Mike

Back home and Alloa returned to the clubrooms.

From all of us a  big thank you to the WRMS organising team for a well run and friendly show…thoroughly enjoyed by all.

Attached a couple of quick pics taken by myself during station shops in the intensive operating schedule.

Superpower for Alloa..a Clan on a diverted Perth parcels working.

post-2371-0-83244400-1448315509_thumb.jpeg

…and 3 men & a bike!

post-2371-0-87452300-1448315538_thumb.jpeg

May I echo my room-mate Mr Spark's comments.

Well done Wakefield and well done to the show's new exhibition manager, Stephen Foster. It was well organised, very friendly and it was clear the whole Wakefield team had put a lot of effort into making it all happen. The wee "social" on Saturday evening was a nice touch and just right. (I too enjoyed the East Coast IPA.)

Thanks for inviting Alloa and for a brief encounter with Yorkshire silverware! Recognition much appreciated.

A little note for next year, if your having the marquee outside again, check on the wind direction and put the entrance on the opposite side, some of those Southern softies didn't like the wind. :stinker: :stinker:

It was all right for us real Northerners, twas like a summers day!!!!!!!!!! :sungum:

Ray

Wanted to make the Scottish crew happy as well but apparently from the " less hardy " east coast .

We are looking at a different venue for food next year, it cannot be pleasant in there eating

so you found the pie shop then - not bad & much better than a kebab ;-)  Did you get to Fernandes on the Saturday night?

We had a couple in Fernandes, a long with Harrys barx2, Printworks ,The Hop, Henry boons, then the pie shop, Dave managed to walk back to the hotel straight, not like Friday, it took us 10 min less

Ray

Wanted to make the Scottish crew happy as well but apparently from the " less hardy " east coast .

We are looking at a different venue for food next year, it cannot be pleasant in there eating

Erm, West Coast if you don't mind.... The Gulf Stream keeps us warm(er).

Dave Franks

Alloa.

As Mr Franks points out we're from the west coast..when it gets into double figures we get the barbie out.

Archived