Wakefield 54th Model Railway Show November 2015vg

enginelane

• RMweb Premium

Out of the gates back onto the main road. Pelican crossing to your left, cross road and chip shop in front of you! New owners, was sold to them with the promise they always do a roaring trade at the exhibition time!

Do they serve carp & chips?

Not too close to the venue but worth a quick trip in the car is the Kingfisher on Denby Dale Road.

It has to be one of the best fish suppers in Yorkshire..you can sit in too and have a tea..you won't be disappointed.

Dave

Not just one of the the best , it is THE best. Well worth a visit.

Another good reason to visit Wakefield Exhibition, just make sure you turn up on the correct date. 20th to 22nd November.

( Usual disclaimer, No connection other than a very satisfied customer.)

Having one Alf Tupper reference ( which of course the iPad wants always to change into Tupperware, other plastic tubs available) might as well as keep on that theme today . So it's time to put exhibition preparation into full gear - the show is less than 2 weeks away!

post-9435-0-16818900-1446967245.jpeg

Dave has set of last night with essential supplies (always was a show off), he's taking a quicker route, hoping to be there 18th Nov, so the beer can settle.Ray

When we went to Eurospoor 1 German layout had a bar with keg beer built into the back of its alpine layout, another was advertising wine from its own vineyard! I wonder which layout in UK will feature the first working micro brewery!

12 days to go and we have 12 sets of electrical gear already pat tested and ready to go. Not sure what has happened to our rmweb banner, I cannot see it so some checking to do today!

The exhibition elves will be busy tonight getting the exhibition stuff down from the Santa store - sorry loft. Club room on Friday still worried that enough people will not have clocked the change in date so rmwebbers please keep sending the message 20/21/22 Nov

post-9435-0-10087900-1447054328.png

12 days to go and we have 12 sets of electrical gear already pat tested and ready to go. Not sure what has happened to our rmweb banner, I cannot see it so some checking to do today!

The exhibition elves will be busy tonight getting the exhibition stuff down from the Santa store - sorry loft. Club room on Friday still worried that enough people will not have clocked the change in date so rmwebbers please keep sending the message 20/21/22 Nov

For anybody who cannot bear the hassle of Warley NEC show, then get on down to Wakefield, its a good all-round show, nice venue,good layouts, good selection of trade and within easy reach of the M1 motorway.

The car parking is not £10.00 and no bus to catch in the cold & rain.   Refreshments are morgage free and the whole thing is far less hassle!     Charlie

For anybody who cannot bear the hassle of Warley NEC show, then get on down to Wakefield, its a good all-round show, nice venue,good layouts, good selection of trade and within easy reach of the M1 motorway.

The car parking is not £10.00 and no bus to catch in the cold & rain.   Refreshments are morgage free and the whole thing is far less hassle!     Charlie

Thanks Charlie

I'm glad that the name of Alf Tupper is still remembered, a true British Icon, though for me it was the text stories in "The Rover". The "artwork" in "The Victor" was poor - why didn't the artist study some photos of the real thing?

Anyway, that's made me feel nostalgic for the days when I could take part in a grand sport; the most strenuous thing I do on a Saturday now is go to a model railway show. So here's a snap taken by Liz thirty years back at a cross-country league meeting in Graves Park, Sheffield. I had a particularly good run that day; as you can see I managed to lap myself - they can't touch you for it ...

post-7286-0-82515000-1447102853.jpg

I'm glad that the name of Alf Tupper is still remembered, a true British Icon, though for me it was the text stories in "The Rover". The "artwork" in "The Victor" was poor - why didn't the artist study some photos of the real thing?

Anyway, that's made me feel nostalgic for the days when I could take part in a grand sport; the most strenuous thing I do on a Saturday now is go to a model railway show. So here's a snap taken by Liz thirty years back at a cross-country league meeting in Graves Park, Sheffield. I had a particularly good run that day; as you can see I managed to lap myself - they can't touch you for it ...

attachicon.gifGraves Park 1984.jpg

Reminds me of a certain advert -

A few more shots of Project X that will be raffled during the course of the exhibition. £1 per ticket. Everything included except the controller and rolling stock. Scenic features, lighting, trestles included!

And no - I have no idea why the second image always loads on its end!

post-9435-0-57236800-1447139493_thumb.jpeg

post-9435-0-79298200-1447139563_thumb.jpeg

Archived