Wakefield 54th Model Railway Show November 2015vg

enginelane

Rmweb banner sorted and its blue this year - hope you have seen it and thus reduced the number of my entries but it's only 7 days to go, one week earlier than usual. Gloomy faces at the club suggests perhaps people will not realise the date change - help put their minds at rest and tell one , tell all its 20/21/22 nd November - Wakefield Show!

post-9435-0-78267300-1447397834.jpeg

A gloomy weekend in many ways and one that puts things in life into perspective a little clearer. Makes tweets about model railway shows low down on a life scale. Sadly we have already had emails about people not coming because there is no X or Y. You said there would be this number of traders and that number of layouts and there are not so I am not coming . So be it. Any exhibition manager will tell you they try their best as do layout owners to fulfil their commitments but illness, changes in date with Warley have had some effect on this year on layouts and traders. Replacement traders have been found and I think if people will come they will see it is not possible to put anymore layouts in because this a year where size does matter!

Wakefield is a quality, friendly, accessible show that has an excellent trade support looking to take money off one and all so with the weather forecast set cloudy but with only a few showers forecast we look forward to welcoming you all next Fri Sat Sun

post-9435-0-62191200-1447575444.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

Is there one which predicts friday evening motorway gridlock? That kept me away from wakefield show for two successive years before I was out of the country last year. Have to get from Lincoln again this year...want to see Lancaster Green Ayre!

Dava

• RMweb Premium

Is there one which predicts friday evening motorway gridlock? That kept me away from wakefield show for two successive years before I was out of the country last year. Have to get from Lincoln again this year...want to see Lancaster Green Ayre!

Dava

If you want to use the motorway Saturday or Sunday would be much better.

If you want to use the motorway Saturday or Sunday would be much better.[/quote

Dava

There are roadworks making the motorway intelligent - but not necessarily the drivers who use it but it tends to flow except at peak flows such as Friday tea time and Saturday tea time. Sunday is a quieter day but of course we are hoping it's going to equally busy both days!

• RMweb Premium

ame="skipepsi" post="2093041" timestamp="1447703995"]If you want to use the motorway Saturday or Sunday would be much better.[/quote

There are roadworks making the motorway intelligent - but not necessarily the drivers who use it but it tends to flow except at peak flows such as Friday tea time and Saturday tea time. Sunday is a quieter day but of course we are hoping it's going to equally busy both days!

Apparently we will be going Saturday because 'we' need to nip to Ossett to buy a dart frog........ 

a blue dart frog.

Look forward to seeing you at the show but will it be with or without the dart frog?

Apparently we will be going Saturday because 'we' need to nip to Ossett to buy a dart frog........

a blue dart frog.

Look forward to seeing you at the show but looking on the web you might be asked to check your blue dart frog in at reception as I do not think our insurance covers us for possible effects of escaping poisonous frogs though come to think of it it could make a good present for someone I know

post-9435-0-17997000-1447743713.jpeg

Still thinking of what to do over the weekend?

Last briefing in club rooms last night and all the team know what they are doing because they did it all last year, might be a new name as exhibition manager but if it's not broke then no need to change so it's all systems go and the relentless crawl towards to Friday approaches.

post-9435-0-68166300-1447744055.gif

'Peforia Narrows' now had a re-paint.  It is now a fetching shade of Dark Blue rather than a retching shade of Pink.  Controller has a more user friendly longer switch and driver/switcher labels have been printed.  Plenty of Polo Mints in stock - so we're good to go!

Be there or be an equilateral quadra sided geometric shape.

• RMweb Premium

Still thinking of what to do over the weekend?

Last briefing in club rooms last night and all the team know what they are doing because they did it all last year, might be a new name as exhibition manager but if it's not broke then no need to change so it's all systems go and the relentless crawl towards to Friday approaches.

Does that include the relentless wait in the cold & dark on friday eve? I've missed that...dont mind too much so long as we dont get trees blown down on us, as might be the case tonight!

Dava

Does that include the relentless wait in the cold & dark on friday eve? I've missed that...dont mind too much so long as we dont get trees blown down on us, as might be the case tonight!

Dava

Forecast showing 10% chance rain with 16 to 20 mph winds and yes aim to get the Friday crowd in as quickly as possible

A bit of a splutter of cornflake shrapnel over the wife this morning as the weather forecast had moved to snow and -4 until I realised iPad had decided to show me somewhere in Canada! Weather is moving towards colder here but just enough to keep people moving and with a ruddy glow from the walk from the car park. The college car park is available again this year with over 300 spaces.

post-9435-0-00721200-1447830377_thumb.jpeg

Look forward to seeing you at the show but looking on the web you might be asked to check your blue dart frog in at reception as I do not think our insurance covers us for possible effects of escaping poisonous frogs though come to think of it it could make a good present for someone I know

What, no comments about live frogs !

• RMweb Premium

Shame I'm not exhibiting as my layout has several frog juicers.

Archived