Wakefield 54th Model Railway Show November 2015vg

enginelane

With all the layouts featured then time to turn to the excellent trade support that will be at the Wakefield Show.

From books, bits, DCC, paints, glues, scenics, 3-d produced items, buildings, second hand, DVD, art works, loads and those exquisite bits that lift a layout then we reckon we have it covered!

Bill Hudson Books

Burnley Model Spares

Contikits

Country Scenics and Trees

D and E Video

Digitrains

Doncaster P2 Society

Freestone Model Accessories

Going Loco

Hobby Holidays

J E Wigston

Lancashire and Yorkshire Society

Langley Models

Mad About Trains

Middleton Railway Trust

Millennium Models

Nick Tozer

North Yorks Moors Railway

P and H Models

Recreation21 (Rue d' etropal) 3D printing http://www.rue-d-etropal.com/

Severn Models

Squires

Ten Commandments

Uncommon Kits

Wakefield Hospice

WRMS secondhand stall

Wizard Models

Clubrooms a hive of activity checking the electrical gear and putting the finishing touches to Project X. Visiting the Leeds Show this weekend and then full countdown to the Wakefield Show - remember 1 week earlier than usual 20/21/22 November

Even after all the warnings I bet some comes on here after the show and moans that he thought it was the following week.

• RMweb Premium

…I didn't think.. t*ss*r.. was a rude word..entirely appropriate for loads of folk I know!

Dave

Maybe they're on par with the exhibitors who answer the question of the booking form:-

Q.  What is the electrical load of your layout, please do not answer "1 13 amp plug".......

A.   One 13 amp plug.

Jamie

Maybe they're on par with the exhibitors who answer the question of the booking form:-

Q.  What is the electrical load of your layout, please do not answer "1 13 amp plug".......

A.   One 13 amp plug.

Jamie

Jamie I know exactly what you mean..as the person in charge of such matters for the Glasgow show I've also encountered some crackers from exhibitors.

Although I must say they seem to be listening.. as in fully unwound 50metre extension reels because the previous year we advised no wound extensions!

I always make sure we have loads of short trailing leads to lend out.

Rest assured Alloas total load is also only a 13A plug.

It can only get better.

Looking forward to show and putting faces to names.

Dave 

• RMweb Premium

Jamie I know exactly what you mean..as the person in charge of such matters for the Glasgow show I've also encountered some crackers from exhibitors.

Although I must say they seem to be listening.. as in fully unwound 50metre extension reels because the previous year we advised no wound extensions!

I always make sure we have loads of short trailing leads to lend out.

Rest assured Alloas total load is also only a 13A plug.

It can only get better.

Looking forward to show and putting faces to names.

Dave 

When I was exhibition manager I planned to formally present a gold painted 13 amp plug to each such miscreant at the Saturday night social with an appropriate comment.

Jamie

We have had in the past requests from visitors with mobility problems asking if the show could open 30 mins earlier on a Sunday for instance. This matter needs some more thinking as currently the show is not set up for this to happen. However there are times during the show when it is less busy and wheelchair, mobility scooters might find it easier to move around, visit layouts and trade stands. The times being 3 to 6 pm on Saturday and 2 to 5 on Sunday.

post-9435-0-41130800-1446447765.jpeg

Slightly worrying at Leeds a number of people I saw still think the Wakefield Show is the last weekend in November. Due to changes in the Warley schedule the Wakefield show is the third weekend in November. 20/21/22 November. -

so it's 20th 21st 22nd November 2015

A.   One 13 amp plug.

Jamie

Would "No more than 3kW from a single domestic 3-pin socket" suffice...?

At Glasow we supply a 13A point to every stand that requests power although these are usually twin sockets supplying two stands.

These are rcd protected locally at the distribution point on the floor and rated at 13A per twin outlet which means around 6amps or so for each stand which should be plenty.

In saying that there would be an issue if every stand brought along a kettle and plugged it in at the same time!  

As this is my trade for my pains I am charged with overseeing the electrical safety in respect of the exhibitors and traders but I also enjoy the full support of the excellent SECC electrical team who prepare the floor plan exactly to spec which is greatly appreciated.

Talking of which..its only 16 weeks to that show ..its also the 50th anniversary of Modelrail Scotland..thats depressing..I've just realised how old I am!

Dave

At Glasow we supply a 13A point to every stand that requests power although these are usually twin sockets supplying two stands.

These are rcd protected locally at the distribution point on the floor and rated at 13A per twin outlet which means around 6amps or so for each stand which should be plenty.

In saying that there would be an issue if every stand brought along a kettle and plugged it in at the same time!  

As this is my trade for my pains I am charged with overseeing the electrical safety in respect of the exhibitors and traders but I also enjoy the full support of the excellent SECC electrical team who prepare the floor plan exactly to spec which is greatly appreciated.

Talking of which..its only 16 weeks to that show ..its also the 50th anniversary of Modelrail Scotland..thats depressing..I've just realised how old I am!

Dave

Interesting info. We are thinking of upgrading our electrical gear so will make a note. Electric kettles though at Wakefield are banned from the Hall, as are all drinks due it being an indoor training facility for athletics and gymnastics. Though lots of tea coffee available in the side room off the Hall.

Model rail Scotland was one of the shows I could not do with Menasha due to work commitments - but there is always Troutons!

Interesting info. We are thinking of upgrading our electrical gear so will make a note. Electric kettles though at Wakefield are banned from the Hall, as are all drinks due it being an indoor training facility for athletics and gymnastics. Though lots of tea coffee available in the side room off the Hall.

Model rail Scotland was one of the shows I could not do with Menasha due to work commitments - but there is always Troutons!

Yes kettles and other heavy appliances would be banned up here too but you never know..its the traders that would probably be most culpable in not being able to leave their stands.

We enjoy the purpose built exhibition centre and the below floor voids and walkways which support busbar runs enabling plug in switchgear to serve the hall to whatever floor plan is submitted.

Its quite a set up and although the floor is load bearing with vehicles able to drive over it you can walk below to arrange the plug in distribution and pop up multi rcd protected socket outlets at various points with the aforementioned 13A extensions run from there to each stand and all numbered appropriately. 

The 2016 show is obviously all arranged but if you are considering a jaunt north for 2017 get the details of the layout to the ex manager..I'm sure you know him.

Good modern image layouts are always well received.

Dave 

• RMweb Premium

Never mind the trade stands, where is the best fish'n'chippie closest to the venue?

I've missed the last 3 shows so need to plan post-show Wakefield speciality!

Dava

Never mind the trade stands, where is the best fish'n'chippie closest to the venue?

Dava

Out of the gates back onto the main road. Pelican crossing to your left, cross road and chip shop in front of you! New owners, was sold to them with the promise they always do a roaring trade at the exhibition time!

Dava

Not too close to the venue but worth a quick trip in the car is the Kingfisher on Denby Dale Road.

It has to be one of the best fish suppers in Yorkshire..you can sit in too and have a tea..you won't be disappointed.

Dave

2 weeks to go and checking everything in place - not! But getting there, which reminds me I need to build up some jail bars for a scene in the school production of Hairspray that well known Christmas favourite!

Today it's time to remind visitors to the exhibition about the new feature that is raffling off a complete layout in a box - Project X. Built over the past year it is a self contained layout on its own trestles, lights, back scene and wiring for both DC and DCC operation. Could be yours for £1

post-9435-0-66381500-1446793970.jpeg

post-9435-0-29384800-1446793980.jpeg

Reminder today is the College car park further up the road is available once more on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday. There is very limited disabled car parking access in the Sports Cenre Park. Wherever please share cars and be considerate to other visitors visiting the show so please park carefully in the bays provided

Out of the gates back onto the main road. Pelican crossing to your left, cross road and chip shop in front of you! New owners, was sold to them with the promise they always do a roaring trade at the exhibition time!

And for the other 362 days of the year ?

Archived