OO gauge class 74 electro-diesel locomotive

DJM Dave

Well you were telling us to

I tell you what, why don't we just concentrate on the essence of the thread; that being the DJM Class 74?

And then went off topic. Unless that photo is of a DJM Class 74. Which it's not, it's a rival manufacturers model.

Also notice the smilie, it was said in jest.

Jason

I don't see what the problem is? No offence was intended.

I was looking in this thread to potentially purchase a Class 74.

It's not me who is posting photographs of Class 74s to poke fun or say "I've already got one".

Jason

There will be a moderator along shortly if this continues I would have thought.

Noone was poking fun at anyone's modelling from what I can see - the finger was being pointed at Rails, for asking that amount of money for what is quite obviously an attempt at kitbuilding a very, nay notoriously,  poor kit that that even seasoned builders have trouble with. Whilst I applaud your defence of the builder, noone was actually having a go at them.

Lets get back onto praising Dave and his 71/74............

cheers

Andy

There will be a moderator along shortly if this continues I would have thought.

Noone was poking fun at anyone's modelling from what I can see - the finger was being pointed at Rails, for asking that amount of money for what is quite obviously an attempt at kitbuilding a very, nay notoriously,  poor kit that that even seasoned builders have trouble with. Whilst I applaud your defence of the builder, noone was actually having a go at them.

Lets get back onto praising Dave and his 71/74............

cheers

Andy

I hadn't posted in this thread for two days. I was agreeing indirectly with leopardml2341 that the thread should be about DJM Class 74s.

I entirely disagree that no one was poking fun at the builder or the model. Why was it brought up in the first place and then have a page of "look at my model, it's so much better"?

But I will leave it at that.

Actions of others on this thread have probably just cost DJM a sale.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 40-something

We are now a full 15 minutes into 2017, and we have not had a single update on this project this year yet!

Its a disgrace, my life is ruined, I cant believe the manufacturers treat us like this, Im giving up the hobby to take photo's of Nissan Micras.

Happy New Year!

Its a disgrace, my life is ruined, I cant believe the manufacturers treat us like this, Im giving up the hobby to take photo's of Nissan Micras.

Happy New Year!

Beat you to it!

AgnesNissanMicra1mod-800.jpg

Actually, my wife's car.  :jester:

• 4 months later...

The 74 development really sat there for a while , as I progressed the 71.

I'll not be looking at the 74 in earnest, and seeing what can be done re the shortfall in crowdfunding that exists.

I'm hoping the 71 will help boost the 74 considerably once people run the 71 , word gets round and people see the detail.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The 74 development really sat there for a while , as I progressed the 71.

I'll not be looking at the 74 in earnest, and seeing what can be done re the shortfall in crowdfunding that exists.

I'm hoping the 71 will help boost the 74 considerably once people run the 71 , word gets round and people see the detail.

Cheers

Dave

Did you mean "I'll now"?

Can you say in percentage terms how far short the crowdfunding was?

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Did you mean "I'll now"?

Can you say in percentage terms how far short the crowdfunding was?

Roy

Hi Roy,

The 74 wasn't close to reaching a crowdfunding plateau.

The 71 trounced it, probably because of the liveries. But maybe the 74 needs a 're-boot'?

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

.... But maybe the 74 needs a 're-boot'?

Cheers

Dave

As the 71 has been successfully delivered, I for one would be more than happy now 'to put my money where my mouth is' and sign up for a 74 if you're going to relaunch the crowdfunding, Dave.

As the 71 has been successfully delivered, I for one would be more than happy now 'to put my money where my mouth is' and sign up for a 74 if you're going to relaunch the crowdfunding, Dave.

I ain't even seen a 71 let alone ordered one, not right for layout, but I too would be interested in a 74.

I have three 71's on order (2 Kernow, & 1 Hattons) but It was the thought of a class 74 that I preferred by far, so i paid for one of those too (and I don't even have any plans for a southern layout as I'm definitely a Scottish Highlands man)

So I really hope that this progresses now that the 71 is showing it's face. I think a new push should be made to get new interest in the 74

• Like 2