Phil Mc's workbench

Phil Mc

• RMweb Premium

I was going to tick "like" until I found out it was a D*lt*c................

Cheers,

Mick

Don't like Hoovers, don't like Deltics, don't like Spoons (that's fair enough!!).....

.....is there anything, that isn't completely Yellow, that you do like ??!! :blum:

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

Don't like Hoovers, don't like Deltics, don't like Spoons (that's fair enough!!).....

.....is there anything, that isn't completely Yellow, that you do like ??!! :blum:

Cheers,

Phil.

Steak and chips...……………….

• Like 1

Nice work Phil...who does the new bufferbeams? Are they a Shawplan etch? I’ve got a Deltic on my to do list as RSG...next time we’re at an expo together we’ll have to bring them and run them to please Mick....

Thanks,

Jack.

• RMweb Premium

Nice work Phil...who does the new bufferbeams? Are they a Shawplan etch? I’ve got a Deltic on my to do list as RSG...next time we’re at an expo together we’ll have to bring them and run them to please Mick....

Thanks,

Jack.

I suppose I could let them run on a railtour…………….

• RMweb Premium

Thanks,

Jack.

We shall !!

Yeah, it's a Shawplan etch, and like with all Brian's stuff, once you get your head around how it fits together, it's a pleasure to work with.

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

They've got 2 engines...........

.........which means twice as many things to go wrong !!

Cheers,

Phil.

Rearrange these words into a well-known phrase or saying.

nail/hit/head/on/the/you've/the................

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This is the interior of what I've started !!

A Realtrack 156 in EMT livery.

It's a great looking model that, other than weathering, needs very little doing to it.

The interior lighting highlighted the fact the inside is very red, and lacking passengers.

The interior moulding being produced in the colour of the seat cloth, with the centre aisle having the floor painted to match the carpet of the real thing, seems like the most reasonable compromise the manufacturer could make, but I figured I could add a bit of a personal touch to mine.

I've painted the seat sides and backs pale Grey, the rest of the floor dark Blue, the table tops pale Cream, the armrests Black, and the seat grab handles pale Blue, to match interior pics of the real thing.

Before and after comparison pics show up the difference it makes.

Passengers and crew to be added after the second half is painted !

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-13577400-1545309986_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-75584300-1545310027_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phil Mc
  • Like 5

This is the interior of what I've started !!

A Realtrack 156 in EMT livery.

It's a great looking model that, other than weathering, needs very little doing to it.

The interior lighting highlighted the fact the inside is very red, and lacking passengers.

The interior moulding being produced in the colour of the seat cloth, with the centre aisle having the floor painted to match the carpet of the real thing, seems like the most reasonable compromise the manufacturer could make, but I figured I could add a bit of a personal touch to mine.

I've painted the seat sides and backs pale Grey, the rest of the floor dark Blue, the table tops pale Cream, the armrests Black, and the seat grab handles pale Blue, to match interior pics of the real thing.

Before and after comparison pics show up the difference it makes.

Passengers and crew to be added after the second half is painted !

Cheers,

Phil.

Thought a modeller of your calibre would of gone the hole hog and had coffee cups empty beer bottles and big Mac wrappers left all over the place!.....enough of cab detailing what about the saloon!

The paint makes the difference..

G

• RMweb Premium

Thought a modeller of your calibre would of gone the hole hog and had coffee cups empty beer bottles and big Mac wrappers left all over the place!.....enough of cab detailing what about the saloon!

The paint makes the difference..

G

I have got some newspapers to put in there, if EMT units have copies of the 'Metro' on board I could easily need 300 copies !!

I might even find a bike to stick in one end ( don't try to deny that made you snigger !! )

Can't believe I've been looking for reference pics of EMT staff uniforms, if only I knew someone that would know.........

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

I have got some newspapers to put in there, if EMT units have copies of the 'Metro' on board I could easily need 300 copies !!

I might even find a bike to stick in one end ( don't try to deny that made you snigger !! )

Can't believe I've been looking for reference pics of EMT staff uniforms, if only I knew someone that would know.........

Cheers,

Phil.

I know someone who has a year pass to Derby station................. (and he follows this topic)

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I know someone who has a year pass to Derby station................. (and he follows this topic)

I had 3 potential candidates, but if your not telling me, that knocks it down to 2 !!

A quick search seems to suggest mid Blue shirt & Red tie for drivers.

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Premium

I had 3 potential candidates, but if your not telling me, that knocks it down to 2 !!

A quick search seems to suggest mid Blue shirt & Red tie for drivers.

Cheers,

Phil.

No tie......

The safe word is Willington.

The safe word is Willington.

No tie and a safe word, eh! Not sure I want to know what you get up to in your spare time.....

Besides, EMT services don’t frequent Willington...of course, you'd only research these things if you had a layout based around there. :no:

I’m back in Lancashire for Crimbo anyhow so I can’t help unfortunately...let me know if you’re still stuck Phil and I’ll get some photos next time I’m lineside near there.

Jack.

• RMweb Premium

No tie and a safe word, eh! Not sure I want to know what you get up to in your spare time.....

Besides, EMT services don’t frequent Willington...of course, you'd only research these things if you had a layout based around there. :no:

That's why Willington is the safe word - safe from EMT........ (but not safe from XC................)

That's why Willington is the safe word - safe from EMT........ (but not safe from XC................)

Hmmmm on a technicality! Burton on Trent is staffed as a Emt station..ask nobby Norton and mr woodcock they was on the receiving end of a station masters telling off for getting to enthusiastic on the aproch of a xc voyager ...well i was pressing f2 f3 f2 f3 f2 f3...on my dcc control panel! (so willington may be emt ish!)..there was... I am unsure if there still is a BoT service to London.

EMT Blue shirts DARK red the with gravy stains! Xc is white shirts or white with pin stripe red stripes xc browngrey tie..can be seen in Emt cabs route learning....think rmweb gone bit off topic or does it need it's own thread? My tie hung up till 31st...is beeroclock!

Merry whatsits and a happy thingy!

G

• Like 1